Thread: Arms week

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    >>Quickly retrieve arms from safe

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=000220

Hey guys, for Arms should we ignore 4pc set and go 2pc + TF off pieces? Or, totally go all off piece? Which off pieces? (I currently have the TF shoulders of centripedal as well as reinbinders in my bags)

What happened to your warlock? You cried so much and told us you'd reroll :P

Well Meteo... the problem is that I'm the only warrior left in my 25m.. and I have been trying to find a replacement for 2 weeks to no avail.

Take one for the team I guess Someone has to drop the banners...
    Last edited by senturion; 2013-08-25 at 01:07 PM.

Go with 4piece, and shoulder offset. From what I've tested, it seems to be the best setup. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    Well Meteo... the problem is that I'm the only warrior left in my 25m.. and I have been trying to find a replacement for 2 weeks to no avail.

Take one for the team I guess Someone has to drop the banners...
    At least you'll be taken for all the bosses. It already looks like I'll be sat on some fights in 10man because a range dps (or a rogue...) will make things easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms for life, arms since 2005 :|

went arms this week and we are at H-animus but i hit 23-28 in rankings on all the fights up to that point, doesnt really mean anything to me other then its a nice comparison for where i stand. Need some work with actually using overpower more when out of CS as i find myself slaming to much for when a sudden death procs. Good thing i have another week to practice.

Going to test arms on next reset but I've a few doubts:

- why 32% crit only? Overpower has +60% crit chance, ending up with 92% or maybe 89%, don't know if the 3% penalty is already applied to those 32%.
    - the only time I'm supposed to use heroic strike is when I have unlimited rage? (megaera or ra-den p2 for example)

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWLLY View Post
    Going to test arms on next reset but I've a few doubts:

- why 32% crit only? Overpower has +60% crit chance, ending up with 92% or maybe 89%, don't know if the 3% penalty is already applied to those 32%.
    - the only time I'm supposed to use heroic strike is when I have unlimited rage? (megaera or ra-den p2 for example)
    Don't understand your first question WRT Crit? Crit is #1 stat priority due to proccing Enrage and (obvious) crit damage; haste is second, mastery is third. Not because of Wet Noodle Overpower. The 3% penalty does not show on your Char sheet, so if you see 32% you actually have 29%; but this is more than made up for by raid buffs.

Regarding HS; its a DPS loss anytime it causes you to not be able to Slam basically.
    For Ra-den; depends on your raids mitigation and damage income, but as long as you maintain enough rage to spam Slam/Exe you should be fine and try to work a couple HS in during CS.

Quote Originally Posted by NetherVortex View Post
    went arms this week and we are at H-animus but i hit 23-28 in rankings on all the fights up to that point, doesnt really mean anything to me other then its a nice comparison for where i stand. Need some work with actually using overpower more when out of CS as i find myself slaming to much for when a sudden death procs. Good thing i have another week to practice.
    5.3 arms rotation is different from the 5.4 arms rotation. You will want to slam far more often in 5.4 than you do now due to the buffed slam damage (base damage as well as the 10% increase during CS).

Don't understand your first question WRT Crit? Crit is #1 stat priority due to proccing Enrage and (obvious) crit damage; haste is second, mastery is third. Not because of Wet Noodle Overpower. The 3% penalty does not show on your Char sheet, so if you see 32% you actually have 29%; but this is more than made up for by raid buffs.
    Ignore that guy. His crit cap doesn't make any sense because you aren't even softcapped for overpower with his 32%.

Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    Ignore that guy. His crit cap doesn't make any sense because you aren't even softcapped for overpower with his 32%.
    "that guy" ranked #3 on ra-den with 546 ilvl (with fury obv)

Anyway, since your mind is closed, check this: http://www.icy-veins.com/arms-warrio...rity-reforging

There's no explanation on those 32% unbuffed crit "cap", that's why I asked here. Does it make any sense now?
    I don't agree with that cap either, it'd make much more sense if it was 38%.
    Last edited by SLOWLLY; 2013-08-30 at 02:44 PM.

32% is a number that has come up, as it's about at that point you'll crit cap if you have a stack of the Twins trinket. In 9 out of 10cases, it's not worth gearing around that trinket, so go for crit all out. Come next patch we don't care about OP anyhow, so crit over 38% will only be marginally worse.
    My Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    32% is a number that has come up, as it's about at that point you'll crit cap if you have a stack of the Twins trinket. In 9 out of 10cases, it's not worth gearing around that trinket, so go for crit all out. Come next patch we don't care about OP anyhow, so crit over 38% will only be marginally worse.
    Makes sense, thanks.

5.4 arms has same rotation as 5.3
    if you don't HS as arms you're doing it wrong

In the 5.4 builds we've made on Sim-c, Heroic Strike is used a total of 6.13 times on a 600 seconds fight. Sure, our build on Sim-c may not be fully optimized, but as it currently looks, not a single person should use Heroic Strike, unless they play at 0ms and have the reaction speed of a top end computer.
    My Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the Sim-C isn't complete yet. Collision is still running the numbers and alternative action lists provided by buniboo and necronom

I find myself corrected, added a few Heroic strike strings to my Sim-c profile, and it was an increase, I find myself corrected.
    My Stream

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Well, the Sim-C isn't complete yet. Collision is still running the numbers and alternative action lists provided by buniboo and necronom
    From my understanding there is still a lot of work being done on this. From all the testing that is been done it looks like it certainly will be viable, even a DPS increase.
    The real question is whether it will be enough of an increase to be worth doing. The variation between Arms priority lists right now is tiny, 1-2% for most things. And how gear will effect it going through the tier.

TLDR: the basic rotation for 5.4 arms is MS > CS > Slam. It may become slightly more beneficial to work in MS > CS > OP+HS > Slam but we will have to wait and see. The difference between the two will likely be slim. I imagine Necro, Collision and Buni up there will continue to test.

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWLLY
    "that guy" ranked #3 on ra-den with 546 ilvl (with fury obv)
    I was ranked #1 on 25m Ra-den for about a month until some Russian knocked me down wtb longer fight time.

Initially I thought I would play both arms and fury next tier..

After 2 weeks of arms... I was like.. **** this is so troublesome, switching and doing two seperate rotations. I'll just pick one spec to play - just arms all the way. Then, after the 3rd week, i got so bored of arms I was like.. Okay for this boss I shall Play fury ... just this one boss. second boss.. third boss... Now, I am like back to fury again cuz it just feels so much better. Anyone else feels like Arms is just like whacking a dummy? The playstyle is like so stale. MS, CS, Slam, OS, OS ... Uh oh rage pooling too fast .. Slam.. Slam.. Ah crap my OS stacks is building up... OS OS.. Hell now my rage is pooling up again! slam slam. What the heck CS button turns shiny... Click. Did I click it too early? Hey look.. It just turned shiny again!<click>

Then it dawned on me. I realize that I'm just mashing 3 buttons and actually I can just mash them with 3
    Fingers without even paying attention to them cuz my dps just stays flat.....

Boss dies. Ah crap.. Scroll down skada.. Phew... Not last.. Check WOL ranked top 20.

Decided to just play fury again for all bosses in 5.4.

Just checking if anyone went through the same ****
    Last edited by senturion; 2013-09-05 at 03:44 AM.