Deleted

Warcraft 4 feasible?

If wow canon is official wow canon, is it even possible to continue wc-franchise?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye it will, it will just be smaller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, WC4 wouldn't have to begin where The Frozen Throne left off. They could just set it somewhere that's not on Azeroth or Outland to avoid conflicting stories. For example, picking up the stories of Turalyon and Alleria on a totally new planet would give the story a tether to the old-lore to maintain the warcraft feel, while fleshing out the universe with places to visit and characters to meet later on down the line in WoW.
    We'll probably have seen what Turalyon and Alleria have been up to in WoW well before a WC4 even goes into early planning but still, there can always be more loose ends created in WoW to be tied up in an RTS.

The two could feed off each other - using WoW to set up background threats or having characters going missing that could be picked up and developed in a WC4.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could also stop cramming the books filled with all the good lore and let us play those parts as RTS.

Imagine, leading Malfurion into the Emerald Dream to defeat the Nightmare? That would have been awesome as an RTS.

The time between expansions have a lot of potential to be a nice story-plot:
    -You have 7.5M of players that want to know the story to continue to the next expansion, ergo, possible clients for WC4.
    -You have a lot of old TS fans and warcraft fans (I mean...A LOT!!), so, more possible clients for WC4.
    -You have alot of new characters and a big story plot developed in vanilla plus 5 expansions (and a lot of new characters, factions, civilizations, ets..), so you can use them for whatever you want.
    -RTS story-plot has easy characteristics for writers to create an awesome story.
    -etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    Yeah, WC4 wouldn't have to begin where The Frozen Throne left off. They could just set it somewhere that's not on Azeroth or Outland to avoid conflicting stories. For example, picking up the stories of Turalyon and Alleria on a totally new planet would give the story a tether to the old-lore to maintain the warcraft feel, while fleshing out the universe with places to visit and characters to meet later on down the line in WoW.
    We'll probably have seen what Turalyon and Alleria have been up to in WoW well before a WC4 even goes into early planning but still, there can always be more loose ends created in WoW to be tied up in an RTS.

The two could feed off each other - using WoW to set up background threats or having characters going missing that could be picked up and developed in a WC4.
    Yes, that would be cool idea and by the time World of Warcraft ends (Nothing is endless) it can continue the story from there, and create a warcraft 4 and go on with the warcraft franchise that way

Once WoW has been milked dry you can bet we will get Warcraft 4.

Man, Blizzard should take a good long look in the mirror and ask themselves what on Earth is holding them back from making Warcraft IV.
    Warcraft IV is long over due. I have yet to find an RTS like warcraft III that remotely plays well.

Deleted
    They'll do WC4 when they're totally done with WoW in my opinion.
    I can't see them doing a side story for such a thing as warcraft 4.

Each Blizzard RTS has ended as far as I know in massive change to the balance of the world :
    - WC1 : destruction of Stormwind.
    - WC2 : pushback of the Horde out of Azeroth (I didn't play it, so I lack some knowledge on it)
    - WC3 : destruction of Lordaeron, creation of the new Horde, rise of the new Lich King, destruction of the world tree, etc..
    - SC1 : destruction of the Confederation, of the Protoss homeworld, rise of the swarm, etc...

When Blizzard do a RTS, they don't do side stories, they break the world and destroy major entities. If they did that to the Warcraft universe, they would have to completely overhaul WoW on a larger scale than what they did in Cataclysm.
    So I think they'll do it only when they stop updating WoW content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullslasher View Post
    Man, Blizzard should take a good long look in the mirror and ask themselves what on Earth is holding them back from making Warcraft IV.
    Warcraft IV is long over due. I have yet to find an RTS like warcraft III that remotely plays well.
    Starcraft 2 came out 12 years after Brood War, so its not long overdue just yet. WoW is holding them back because of the lore contradictions. That's why WoW should not be canon EVER.

Also Warcraft 4 should be a name worthy of its number.