Deleted

New BrM looking to improve! (logs/armoury)

hello monk forums!

I have recently started playing my monk again after moving my main blood/frost DK to another realm/guild to start more serious raiding, however I will still be attending my casual guilds raid (my real home!) on my monk when they need me and as such id like to improve my playstyle of BrM for the benefit of my Friends. I am a great believer in listening to, and acting upon criticism and feedback. so feel free to look over my armoury, WoL and enjoy scrutinising them .

Jin-rohk:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...z8y/details/1/
    Tortos: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...z8y/details/1/

up to megera:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...nz8y/rankinfo/

Armoury link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yzarmus/simple
    (ignore the strength cloak, it replaced a 462 blue and the stam/mastery made it a large increase)

I feel like I am only just getting used to playing BrM, I attempted a challenge mode run on my monk (9/9 on DK) and barley made bronze, due to me dyeing on pulls that I would breeze through on my DK. On horridon normal this week I got one shot by triple puncture duing his beserk

I am attempting to keep as much uptime as possible on shuffle provided by blackout kick, Using guard on cool down (will start using more "actively" when I have got used to the spec more) using elusive brew and purifying stagger often. This week I got my 4 set bonus and rune of re-orgination and have changed to a high crit build to help out with dps (I raid 10 man) (not yet used this setup, I was haste build in the logs)

Thanks a lot for looking at this, all help is greatly appreciated <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Your shuffle uptime fluctuates a lot between all of those fights. On Horridon it was only 59% and Meg was 88%. This has to be corrected as priority # 1 or you will continue to have issues as you get into the harder hitting fights or with Horridon's enrage phase. Also it seems like your Elusive Brew use is to low and you are wasting a lot of stacks (which happens during swaps a bit).

I would suggest getting some Weak Aura's set up and you can use http://sunniersartofwar.com/brewmaster-weak-auras/ as a guide. Reforging/gearing seems ok.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

You might avoid going for Healing elixirs and swap between Dampen Harm and Diffuse Magic on a fight-per-fight basis instead.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    @ SurrealNight
    shuffle uptime needs to be better, the reason its so low on horridon is due to me focusing more on picking up adds rather than my rotation. I don't have weakauras set up on my monk, something I will do now im starting to do more than LFR with it, that guide looks very useful so thanks a bunch for that . What would you recommend to do with EB during swaps, let it cap during swaps (if it does) and use it right as soon as I take the boss back?
    @Fluorecent0
    that is something I will do, looking at it diffuse magic would have helped ALOT on megera, and dampen harm would have helped a lot on horridon.

thanks guys.

Your Gift of the Ox healing is really really low on Megaera. I lean on this heavily in this fight because you can predict very easily because of the breaths when you are going to take a big damage spike and plan GotOx usage accordingly. You are definitely not using enough blackout kick as you have a 75-85% shuffle uptime on most of the Meg pulls. I typically have 1:30-2 minutes of remaining shuffle duration at the end of a kill on this boss.

With respect to Horridon, your shuffle uptime issue on the adds is about your ability usage when you are on the boss and when you move door to door. Any time where you are on horridon or horridon is being moved to the next door you should be banking shuffle time for the add phases. You can end up with 30-45 seconds of shuffle available by the start of the second door adds, allowing you to focus more on AoE abilities and pickup. You will still need to blackout kick so you don't bleed the duration too fast, but you always have the opportunity to plan ahead with a monk. Keep your rotation tight and BoK as often as possible, save your guards and purifies for when you really need them. You can never have too much shuffle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyzarus View Post
    @ SurrealNight
    What would you recommend to do with EB during swaps, let it cap during swaps (if it does) and use it right as soon as I take the boss back?
    Yes it's ok to cap during a swap since it lets you taunt and have a full 15 seconds of EB banked when you pick the boss back up. I was looking at Horridon where you are more or less always tanking something and the stacks gained to stacks used seemed off so assumed you didn't have a UI setup that would make it obvious when you are maxed out. In my WA I have an icon that pops up when EB is at 9+ stacks with the # of stacks on it as example.

Outside of it being a hectic fight you should always have an add or the boss to melee the whole time so keeping shuffle up shouldn't be a problem and still needs to be priority one. I do adds on all four doors and my uptime is 98% so I know it's possible.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.