Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Readiness removed in the inc patch?

So, I was surfing on Mmo-champ and I read something around these lines: Hunters readiness removal was needed for pve or pvp ? answer from the Nerfbat master, Ghostcrawler responded with: In this case, both. Or something like that, cant really remember.
    Im just trying to understand, hunters are losing Readiness in the next patch and we get nothing in return ?
    Not flaming or anything, just want to understand whats going on (havent played mop in a while)

Kind regards

Yes, Readiness is removed in the upcoming patch. Probably for a combination of balance and reducing button bloat. We haven't fully received compensation to the loss of DPS that will be a result of not having Readiness, other than Stampede being changed so that the pets now do 100% damage in PvE (still don't cast their abilities though). At this point, with the patch coming next week, unless there are a couple more builds this week that contain more buffs, hunters are looking at a dps decrease in the next tier compared to where we are now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance Mr readiness, you make everything too complicated and you won't be missed by me.

Deleted
    Every other shot makes more dmg, overall the dps increased and hunters seem to be higher on the list atm

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshot View Post
    Yes, Readiness is removed in the upcoming patch. Probably for a combination of balance and reducing button bloat. We haven't fully received compensation to the loss of DPS that will be a result of not having Readiness, other than Stampede being changed so that the pets now do 100% damage in PvE (still don't cast their abilities though). At this point, with the patch coming next week, unless there are a couple more builds this week that contain more buffs, hunters are looking at a dps decrease in the next tier compared to where we are now.
    Hmm..so what you're saying is that hunters in PvP will have a damn problem (BM that is) cus we cant pop our cds twice and actually survive double bursts in arena and such? The Stampede change is nice and all, but it dosnt suit our needs as I see it in pvp.
    I'd like to see a new or a changed spell for hunters, instead of giving us a 100% dmg increase on stampede. Which I look at as a terrible spell since the pets cant use their spells. Make hunters more crappy in pvp, enjoy the rest of the week with readiness abuse !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Every other shot makes more dmg, overall the dps increased and hunters seem to be higher on the list atm
    Then why nerf Readiness? Our PvE dps is high, yes but why not just nerf the ability/shot that makes our dmg go through the roof ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    Good riddance Mr readiness, you make everything too complicated and you won't be missed by me.
    How come with complicated?

Deleted
    I'm kinda starting to think that the buff to Stampede is our compensation for the removal of Readiness. I know they were going to do a proper compensation but it's 1-2 weeks until 5.4 goes live and so far we haven't heard anything about a compensation for Readiness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play on the ptr, but judging from what I've read in the forums, people still think hunters are overpowered in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    I don't play on the ptr, but judging from what I've read in the forums, people still think hunters are overpowered in pvp.
    Thaats just the players who cant counter the hunters...well, could you tell me what spec people are whining about ? Currently im BM, I dont really look at my /my pets dmg as OP at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evixy View Post
    I'm kinda starting to think that the buff to Stampede is our compensation for the removal of Readiness. I know they were going to do a proper compensation but it's 1-2 weeks until 5.4 goes live and so far we haven't heard anything about a compensation for Readiness.
    Meh, im not looking forward to the removal of Readiness.. Ill miss it !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzleMyGrizzle View Post
    Then why nerf Readiness? Our PvE dps is high, yes but why not just nerf the ability/shot that makes our dmg go through the roof ?
    Theres a 26 page topic of Hunters complaining and talking about the horrible state they are in at the moment. PvE DPS isn't high, it's actually a pretty serious issue.
    On top of that Readiness was pointless fodder. I'm massively looking forward to free up that pointless keybind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    On top of that Readiness was pointless fodder. I'm massively looking forward to free up that pointless keybind.
    Its so much better of a cooldown than stampede. Stampede=start out fight and either hit on CD or wait for a burn phase BL. Its a pretty boring CD especially when you consider that most of the time you cant even see the pets.

Readiness= double opener which is pretty easy to get down after the first few times but then it gets more interesting. Do you use it on CD to refresh RF after a 2min CD or wait until RF comes off CD so you can get an extra one in. And make sure you get off a signature shot and AMoC right before you use it. Or maybe youre going to need a defensive CD(2frost traps is nice) or FD but theyre on CD because something went wrong earlier.

Removing readiness is a huge nerf to the skill required to play well. Its basically going to be 100% whack-a-mole now without readiness. IMO they should have just removed it from BM since the real reason they removed it was for PvP even if they wont say it.

Theres a 26 page topic of Hunters complaining and talking about the horrible state they are in at the moment. PvE DPS isn't high, it's actually a pretty serious issue.
    I just swapped it for Binding Shot. My overall number of binds hasn't changed honestly. Rotationally I'm actually doing more because of the ET-BA delinkage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    I just swapped it for Binding Shot. My overall number of binds hasn't changed honestly. Rotationally I'm actually doing more because of the ET-BA delinkage.
    I'm not questioning that, pressing Readiness was a pointless thing. That's what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Its basically going to be 100% whack-a-mole now without readiness.
    Please do explain, so with Readiness we don't have this wack-A-mole thing you are talking about?
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-08-19 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evixy View Post
    That's not why they fixed Stampede. They fixed Stampede because the damage wasn't worth the cooldown. When they made the change, Blizzard explained that they wanted it to be a potent cooldown in a PvE environment so they brought it back to it's original damage for PvE but kept the damage the same for PvP; something they should've done in the first place.

The implementation of the charges to Deterrence were part of the compensation for the removal of Readiness, and I'm assuming that the 40% damage increase to A Murder of Crows was also compensation.

Then the buffs to our signature shots were in response to complaints about the changes to Arcane Shot and how, for example, it wasn't worth using Kill Command outside of Beastial Wrath.
    Last edited by reuva; 2013-08-19 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Corrected false information.

Please do explain, so with Readiness we don't have this wack-A-mole thing you are talking about?
    Yes because as I explained in my last post, you actually have to think about when to use Readiness and not just hit it when it comes off CD every time.

Hunters will still be able to deterrence twice in a row right? Which abilities got the second charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshot View Post
    There's actually quite a few buffs coming for all three specs. Not huge ones but they're there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Yes because as I explained in my last post, you actually have to think about when to use Readiness and not just hit it when it comes off CD every time.
    You look at a fight timer, and you look if a fight has mechanics where a target takes increased damage or something of the sorts. Well that took a whole lot of 10 seconds to think about.

Guess what you do when the time arrives when you want to press Readiness?
    You reset all your cooldowns and need to fit as many of them in the shortest timeframe as possible to get them on cooldown. That is what I call wack-A-mole.

People are overestimating how ''skillful'' Readiness is. And in reality, it doesn't add much more gameplay compared to Stampede. It's essentially a button you press for more damage. The difference is, Readiness requires you to press more buttons afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Hunters will still be able to deterrence twice in a row right? Which abilities got the second charge?
    Deterrence is the only ability that has 2 charges.

Have to agree with Bovan. In PvP there might have been skilful ways to use Readiness, but not in PvE.

It wasn't nerfed just for BM PvP. It was also the double silence and double scatter trap. Regardless, I'll still like the game more without Readiness.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallinsinner View Post
    The implementation of the charges to Deterrence were part of the compensation for the removal of Readiness, and I'm assuming that the 40% damage increase to A Murder of Crows was also compensation.
    The buff to Murder of Crows has been interpreted as compensation for the elimination of Readiness.

The change to Deterrence is an unquestionable nerf, and Ghostcrawler's comments regarding its being a buff or some sort of "compensation" are either another sign (among many) that he has a poor grasp on current game mechanics or that he is deliberately deceptive (and thinks we're stupid enough to believe him).