Poll: Should Blizzard rebuilt Theramore using Gilnean architecture?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    Wouldn't it be a lot better to eventually take back Gilnaes. I'm hoping some day we (I play as alliance worgen often) get to take our city back.
    Aye comrade, that would be grand. but for now those Worgen refugees need someplace to stay. rebuilding Theramore shows the Alliance leader that the Worgen can contribute to the Alliance and they are not just some helpless refugees by taking the responsibility of maintaining one of the most important Alliance footholds in Kalimdor.

perhaps after the reconstruction of Theramore the Alliance will be more willing to help the Worgens in retaking Gilneas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Just make gilneas accessible.
    Gilneas is already accessible but theres nothing in there. no NPCs, no quests, nothing. Maybe the issue is that Blizzard doesn't want to make a city so close to the Undercity, implementing that can have serious consequences especially in Silverpine where lowbie Horde players quest.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-08-19 at 08:56 PM.

Deleted
    Gilnean architecture is by far my favourite in WoW, sucks that we don't see it more often, sucks even more that the worgen SW district never saw the light of day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    That's cause the geniuses at cdev opted to make Battle for Gilneas an BG, which has doomed it to an eternity as a battleground. Unless they are willing to step up to the plate and remove obsolete BGs in the name of story progression, Gilneas, the city which SHOULD be a base of operations for the Alliance and home to the worgen will remain empty and unused; throwing them on Theramore won't fix that problem.
    These, also at least Gilneas is a cool place for Roleplay, but what OP said could be cool to give the Alliance a little more lore at the end of SoO

Theramore already was situated in swampland, so Gilnean architecture would work splendidly.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its a giant crater of death and destruction........thats about as dark as you can get
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

15+ Year Old Account
    what the hell do you think Night Elf land is?
    My mistake. I didn't mean that Theramore was the only Alliance foothold. but it is one of the most strategically important Alliance bases in the region. It is located in eastern shores of Kalimdor and it is the closest Alliance city to Orgrimmar. it has a harbor and the location of the base is pretty good (its on an Island, which is a good defensive position.)

however you could've just pointed that out nicely.

That's cause the geniuses at cdev opted to make Battle for Gilneas an BG, which has doomed it to an eternity as a battleground. Unless they are willing to step up to the plate and remove obsolete BGs in the name of story progression, Gilneas, the city which SHOULD be a base of operations for the Alliance and home to the worgen will remain empty and unused; throwing them on Theramore won't fix that problem.
    I didn't say Worgens should get Theramore and instead the Horde should have Gilneas. or that Blizzard should abandon Gilneas and give us Theramore to keep us happy. But rebuilding Theramore using Gilnean architecture is easier because Dustwallow marsh used to have an Alliance base, it's easier to re-balance the zone once implemented. Gilneas needs alot of rework, and then Silverpine needs to be reworked because Gilneas sits right next to it.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-08-19 at 08:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think the south eastern part of the blasted Lands were originally planned to become the Worgen Zone after Gilneas, similiar to Azshara and the Goblins.

This town is merely a remnant of this plan.
    Yeah - - I remember their in-game work-around regarding this Gilnean settlement project: "A significant portion of Gilnean refugees boarded ships and set their course to Blasted Lands! But alas! Some magical phenomenon struck as the fleet was nearing the shores. Ships crashed into the coastline and everyone died. The end. Please kill x of these ghosts to complete your quest."