Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yes changing my #1 choice to dark souls. If you're playing on PC and don't have a controller don't bother though. If you play on PC make sure to get the resolution fix (technically its a 3rd party mod) because it's a terrible port.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    Yes changing my #1 choice to dark souls. If you're playing on PC and don't have a controller don't bother though. If you play on PC make sure to get the resolution fix (technically its a 3rd party mod) because it's a terrible port.
    Yep, the DS-Fix patch is definitely required to play this game effectively on a PC, as well as a controller. The game is a console port, and quite literally all they did was make it function on the PC. The mouse/keyboard controls for it are atrocious. But I first played it on the PS3, as well as Demons' Souls (which some people argue is better, I prefer Dark Souls myself) so I was used to the control scheme already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Fallout new vegas probably is the only game that is just like skyrim but not skyrim. after playing them both for a while having mods does make the whole thing more enjoyable. even if its just UI improvements higher res textures or things that make sense, for example i don't think i would play skyrim again without realistic ragdolls the skyui and perhaps dual wield parrying. all of these are to me mandatory. even oblivion was at least 10 times better with the darnified ui.

10+ Year Old Account
    torchlight, mass effect 1-3, dragon age,

Controls for Dark Souls are not atrocious. They are not ideal, but they are definitely not atrocious and "unplayable". After you apply the fix, it gets way better. I am having easier time playing the game on keyboard + mouse than I would have with a controller. So it's up to your own preference in the end, it's not easy to jump to a controller after years of keyboard and mouse.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you don't want something first person try Kingdoms of Amalur, Divinity II, Dragon Age: Origins, and Two Worlds II.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demidov View Post
    Controls for Dark Souls are not atrocious. They are not ideal, but they are definitely not atrocious and "unplayable". After you apply the fix, it gets way better. I am having easier time playing the game on keyboard + mouse than I would have with a controller. So it's up to your own preference in the end, it's not easy to jump to a controller after years of keyboard and mouse.
    I've been a PC gamer for longer than most of the people on this forum have been alive, and I cannot tolerate playing DS without a controller. I much, much prefer keyboard/mouse gaming to controllers, which is why my consoles are mostly just out for decoration. I fire them up maybe once every year or so. PC gaming is where it's at. But DS is a console port, and as such, it plays so much better with a controller. You are the first person I've ever hear say they like it better with KB/Mouse. And I know a LOT of DS players lol.

I'm not saying you're wrong, everyone has their own tastes. But for someone new to the game, I highly recommend starting with a controller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.