Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Did he say that in the video mate?
    I heard him say ''the demons fire burned out my veins''

In the video Grom sais "the demon's fire has burned out in my veins", so no he doesn't say why he is dying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...UE0x7-TY&t=185
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Why bring a PvP-trinket to a clear PvE-fight? Grom's mistake is much clearer. He stood in the fire. Period.
    He failed raiding 101.

In a world of magic, I'd say Grom took a direct blast of Fel Magic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    According to the WoWPedia page on Mannoroth it just says when he died that "demonic fires" erupted from him...which is strange since I don't recall many, if any demon lords we've killed erupting in lethal demonic flames.

I always thought it was a release of volatile energy (similar to Deathwing and the whole "need plates to stop self from 'sploding" thing) since Mannoroth zapped in a bit of the Well of Eternity at some point in his existence so once he cracked open and died it rushed out of him and since Grom was at the blast's origin it killed him.

As for why he died - I think they just felt like it added maximum emote to the moment since Grom did some bad shit and redeeming the orcs let him be tied off on a good note since he was a fairly important character in the long-running plot.

I don't mind his death - I wish they'd have the balls to kill more characters instead of constantly giving them lame, near-death experiences and then magically bringing them back (Anduin, Vol'jin, Kael'thas after TK, etc..)
    Type of reply i was looking for thanks mate.

Its just after seeing the video again and reading Wiki that there isnt any actual reason for death (i know its make believe). He just seemed to slay Mannoroth, and in a flash of non burning fire he fell coughing like he had been gutted.

I would like to believe that when Mannoroth died his blood died with him. If that was the case though there would be Orcs dropping down everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I heard him say ''the demons fire burned out my veins''
    Burned out in my veins. Small difference altering the entire meaning of it.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

Grom pretty much said that the blood in his veins are burning him to death, because of the explosion
    No, he said the fire had burned out. Meaning that the fire (of rage and hatred) was gone.

It was partially the demonic fire that exploded out of Mannoroth and partially the weakening of his body because of the loss of the demonic power that killed him.

The reason why Thrall wasn't hurt that bad was because Grom took most of the explosion...

15+ Year Old Account
    I always figured he died because he killed the demon who's corruption ran through his veins.

Sorta of like taking the batteries out. I think he was bound to Mannoroth, after all that's why they call it a 'blood pact'. You can't just kill the demon you made a 'pact' with and remain unaffected.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-08-19 at 05:31 PM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

3:10 he says it.

EDIT: im a noob

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    See that part at 3:27? You know, when he stops breathing and dies? Ya totes alive.
    Orcs learned CPR i read though mate. After that mighty roar from Thrall he brought his hands down onto Groms chest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    I always figured he died because he killed the demon who's corruption ran through his veins.

Sorta of like taking the batteries out. I think he was bound to Mannoroth, after all that's why they call it a 'blood pact'.
    Then wouldnt the other Orcs die that drank his blood?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    No, he said the fire had burned out. Meaning that the fire (of rage and hatred) was gone.

It was partially the demonic fire that exploded out of Mannoroth and partially the weakening of his body because of the loss of the demonic power that killed him.

The reason why Thrall wasn't hurt that bad was because Grom took most of the explosion...
    An explosion would reach out into every angle bud and not go to one person like a sponge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well nothing says they didn't. After all, only the Hellscream clan drank from the fountain as far as I know.

Also when you look at the fact Blood Elves siphoned fel magics indirectly and yet continue to have green eyes despite the fact they now benefit from a 'holy' Sunwell it seems only logical you can't just kill Mannoroth who's blood you drank and walk away. Notice that the Blood Elves who themselves drank demon blood directly are actually the fel elves you see in the Sunwell and not regular Blood Elves.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-08-19 at 05:40 PM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Orcs learned CPR i read though mate. After that mighty roar from Thrall he brought his hands down onto Groms chest.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

An explosion would reach out into every angle bud and not go to one person like a sponge.
    1. Please don't call me bud.
    2. Explosions are an outward force, so anything that gets in the way of the explosion will dampen the force behind the object (in this case Grom). Seeing as Grom was standing so close to Mannoroth then the explosion would have been much less powerful behind him. Also remember this was not a concussive explosion like a grenade or a bomb, but an explosion of fire, meaning there didn't necessarily have to be any kinetic force behind it, especially in a game about magic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well nothing says they didn't. After all, only the Hellscream clan drank from the fountain as far as I know.
    Didnt the old Orc that fought Tyrion (spelling) drink the blood?

- - - Updated - - -

1. Please don't call me bud.
    2. Explosions are an outward force, so anything that gets in the way of the explosion will dampen the force behind the object (in this case Grom). Seeing as Grom was standing so close to Mannoroth then the explosion would have been much less powerful behind him. Also remember this was not a concussive explosion like a grenade or a bomb, but an explosion of fire, meaning there didn't necessarily have to be any kinetic force behind it, especially in a game about magic.
    1. Sorry didnt mean to cause offence for what ever reason.

2. Well i know what you mean but you can clearly see the fire engulfs everywhere and Grom isnt exactly on top of Thrall shielding him.

The only Orcs that did not drink the blood were the Frostwolves (Thrall's clan) and Orgrim Doomhammer.

Now, the Warsong clan drank the blood twice, but the Warsong clan still exists, so we can assume that they didn't die.

1. Sorry didnt mean to cause offence for what ever reason.
    Its just that people use that word condescendingly so often that I've come to resent it. No harm done.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know thrall was probably out of rage of the blast. I mean after his odd hammer through,which looks
    LIke pallies hammer of wrath btw, he did go soaring yards away from the fight and maybe a bit behind mannoroth. So him not getting hit by the fires is normal.

And as to what killed grom....I can only think class wise he popped death wish and maybe the ripped some skin also before that lovely flame nova of a death. Which I can assume only strong demons can do upon death.....acrhimonde did explode and burn a good sum of hyjal also.

Also all the Orc clans drunk the first blood that appeared on dreanor. The ones who didn't were thralls immediate family,not clan. And those who were going the equivalent of the Black Plague/chicken box since they were considered dead anyways.
    Last edited by nightguard; 2013-08-19 at 05:46 PM.

When in doubt, this always works:

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure. Either way you don't just go back to being a green orc ten minutes later, that's for sure. The green skin orcs have now is over generations and even they can't shed the corruption completely.

2. Well i know what you mean but you can clearly see the fire engulfs everywhere and Grom isnt exactly on top of Thrall shielding him.
    I don't think the fire killed him directly. It's a combination of the fight, the loss of his demonic powers and the final blast. You can also see in the video that Grom isn't particularly wounded by the blast. No real burns, dismemberment or whatever else usually results from such a blast.

- - - Updated - - -

The only Orcs that did not drink the blood were the Frostwolves (Thrall's clan) and Orgrim Doomhammer.

Now, the Warsong clan drank the blood twice, but the Warsong clan still exists, so we can assume that they didn't die.
    Well that's speculation either way, since there's no clear answer. One thing's for sure: If they indeed didn't die and somehow just went back to being 'green' orcs, then it's a complete contradiction with the notion given in WoW that demonic corruption is very hard, if not nearly impossible, to cleanse. Especially when you drink blood directly. As seen with the apparently permanent effect on orc skin over generations and the fact blood elves who drank blood directly basically turned into monsters beyond redemption (fel elves).
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-08-19 at 05:55 PM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

15+ Year Old Account

Its just that people use that word condescendingly so often that I've come to resent it. No harm done.
    Yes thats right, correct me if im wrong but isnt that why Thralls parents got assassinated? Down to them splitting off from the original Horde or something.

Back to the point, i hope anyone doesnt think im just opening a pointless can of worms and nit picking. Just had me thinking maybe theres a chance for big G to appear again or am i just taking this to a whole stupid level?

Sorry about the bud comment again lol, i tend to use that, mate and marra alot ^^

Deleted
    Blackhand and his sons Rend and Maim also.
    The whole Warsong clan in its entirety.
    Many other clan chiefs and members did.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was plot devices that Killed Grom.