Deleted

Fastest, funnest and most op class to level ??

So yeah basicly can you answer these 3 question for me returning to swtor next month

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 2hislopa View Post
    So yeah basicly can you answer these 3 question for me returning to swtor next month
    I can't speak for all classes as I am new to the game.

I play a SI Sorc. I'm level 31 and having an absolute blast. I am going 100% darkside, so every chance I get, I choose to either kill or torture the person.

The conversations have all been hilariously entertaining.

Play wise, also a ton of fun. Being able to Heal, CC, interrupt and deal some pretty good damage has been very nice. I feel like i'm playing a druid. I have all the utility I need to survive and press on.

Being able to move through packs with ease has made leveling pretty quick. I didn't realize how quick I was leveling until I was level 20 on Drumand Kaas.

Using the XP Boosts I get from quests have also greatly increased the pace at which I have been leveling.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only leveled Merc and Jedi Knight to 50; that was back when the game was new. That said I had a hell of a lot more fun when I rerolled Merc, especially since the first companion you get is an excellent pocket healer.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say Sniper / Gunslinger. They get a lot of their key moves early on and can drop most Silver NPC's in 2-4 GCD's. I was apprehensive about them due to the cover system, but it doesn't take long to get used to it and its really not as immobile as you might think. Its also a class that is easy to play, but very hard to truly master. That makes it a pretty fun class you don't get bored with...unless you're like me and just prefer melee where you can punch people in the face. =)

I have leveled up just about every class now and I have to say ranged classes fair better then your melee counterparts. Mercs/Commandos, Inquisitor/Consular, and Sniper/Gunslinger. Part of the reason is that they start off with a good first companion and your companion will do alot more damage soaking putting you less in danger giving you more time to run away.

Classes that I had some issues with at least early on was Scoundrel/Operative and Jedi Guardian. Scoundrel wasn't that bad the issue is that you probably took longer to kill things being that flechette round and shoot first you dont get till at least level 36. Jedi Guardian I had some issues and definitely died the most leveling this one. You don't get a heal companion until late and many of your defensive cooldowns to mitigate damage is also gotten late.

I leveled a Sith Sorcerer, and it was hella fun. But the Powertech I've been working on seems to be leveling quite quickly. Having Mako to heal you right from the get-go, plus having all sorts of great tanking features (lots of aoe, some cd's, and Mako gets a CC ability which helps take some pressure off) you're able to pull lots of mobs at once and take them down. You're also able to solo elites relative easily (as long as you use those comms to keep your gear up-to-date) and can complete many of the heroic 2m quests with just your companion and some medpacks

My 2 cents.

I've leveled a vengeance juggernaut, madness(later darkness) assassin, and mercenary BH to max...leveled a vanguard trooper to the early 40's, a sniper IA to 48. Of those, the merc BH was the most faceroll easy class. Once I went Darkness on my assassin at 40-ish, he basically steamrolled everything in his path, too. I find the warrior the most fun, though, even if it's not as easy.

would put my bet on a merc/commando...both classes are able to solo hc4's with enough tricking around
    when lvling both commando and merc i have cleared groups it would normally take 2-3 players to clear together because of merc/commando's all purpose 60 sec CC and how merc gets a healer as first comp

Bélthazor Destruction Warlock
    Greviouz Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Classes that I had some issues with at least early on was Scoundrel/Operative and Jedi Guardian. Scoundrel wasn't that bad the issue is that you probably took longer to kill things being that flechette round and shoot first you dont get till at least level 36. Jedi Guardian I had some issues and definitely died the most leveling this one. You don't get a heal companion until late and many of your defensive cooldowns to mitigate damage is also gotten late.
    not the best solution but your ship droid is a healer class does no damage but can keep you up all the same.

Me i LOVED my manndo lvling, Aric s krazy with damage and soaks it up well to boot. My Sniper/opreative was great too kaylio can really take a beating (she is a masochist lol) and gives out better than she gets as an Op once you get your HoT ability just keep her dbl tapped on it and kill til YOU drop from boredom it really is that easy. sent/mara T7 was a great starter companion nother tank comp and Vette while no tank is just as good as Aric in damage and soaking.

I would say give the mara a go round if your next is a melee toon.

Deleted
    The easiest time I had was with sniper, You dish a lot of damage, and your flow of companions is good, once you get your pocket healer, you are unstoppable. I played as marksman and with healer out I was able to easily solo 2+ missions and areas.

Mercenary was fun for me later on when I got the arsenal talent tree filled out

Inq Assassin was terrible for me, because I chose the deception tree and khem val used to be very weak as a tank. At least stealthing thru mobs you do not wish to fight was good.

For warrior I decided to level as Juggernaut tank and it was semihard, but definitely more enjoyable than assassin.

From republic, I only started a commando and I really liked it before I stopped playing.

In terms of the the basic classes, I've basically leveled most. At lest in terms of pub side, and as thus can comment on Imp as they are basically reverse. Personal feeling, Smuggler/Operative is the funnest class. Best healer, IMO, and they can put out some good dps too.

In terms of story lines, will just depend on what kind of story you like. I personally have found most of the imp side to be quite predictable as well. Kill or torture, sudden plot twists that they think will be a surprise, but really aren't.

I started a class that I just decided to play it by how I felt the character would call it, and it went well for a while, but the challenge is that at the early levels, the relics are light side/dark side only. No neutral, at least that I can find, thus if you want to gimp yourself leveling, you do so by being neutral and not light or dark.

Deleted
    I would say smash marauder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathlight View Post
    I would say smash marauder.
    Smash Marauder is NOT the fastest, funnest, or most OP to level. You need to get to level 40 before you can get Force Crush, which is CRUCIAL to the spec. It also really doesn't come into its own until you hit 50 and are able to get gear with more robust stats because you really need to load up on Power to make it kick. At high levels Smash performs very well in various environments, but leveling....not so much. A better Marauder spec for leveling is Annihilation, but even then the Marauder doesn't get many of its key abilities until late in the leveling process (compared to other classes), so I would not say it fits the OP's criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Smash Marauder is NOT the fastest, funnest, or most OP to level. You need to get to level 40 before you can get Force Crush, which is CRUCIAL to the spec. It also really doesn't come into its own until you hit 50 and are able to get gear with more robust stats because you really need to load up on Power to make it kick. At high levels Smash performs very well in various environments, but leveling....not so much. A better Marauder spec for leveling is Annihilation, but even then the Marauder doesn't get many of its key abilities until late in the leveling process (compared to other classes), so I would not say it fits the OP's criteria.
    By 40 you mean 45.

Yeah, low level warriors are very boring. Snipers get their abilities somewhat early on and they hit HAAAAAAAARD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    By 40 you mean 45.

Yeah, low level warriors are very boring. Snipers get their abilities somewhat early on and they hit HAAAAAAAARD.

Right right, I keep forgetting that top abilities are 36-point and not 31-point.

And yeah, Snipers get their key abilities VERY early compared to other classes. Its the class I would recommend based on the OP's specifications. I mowed through NPC's at every level as a Sniper.