Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Opinion: SoO is going to damage LFR extensively

Are you LFR's prepared for the people who will be intentionally wiping your raids?

As I have been talking to more people it's starting to become more evident that SoO LFR is going to be one of the most interesting experiences this game has recently had.

Trolls have always existed in this game Ninja'ing your loot and wiping your group but never has such an opportunity presented itself where a significant enough percentage of a player base wants to side with Garrosh Hellscream to the point of intentionally wiping Raids.

I have talked to a fair number of geared people who plan to LFR simply for this purpose and many others with LFR quality gear planning to do the same. I think this is going to be one of the most interesting raiding experiences in some time(I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.)

The odds of getting a LFR without at least 1 person who will scheme against your raid I feel is very slim. These players are going to try and poison the rest of LFR players into doing the same thing simply to experience the game in a different way that they may find fun.(At others expense)

I'm sure enough of you will have your flex, normal and Heroic raids in which you can guild kick any who pull this kind of crap but I'm curious as to whether or not LFR players are making any preparations for this inevitability.

What are your guys thoughts on wiping LFR in the name of Garrosh, in the name of creativity or in the name of flat out harassment(all the motivation a real troll needs)

Opinion Update: Flex raiding will give most LFR's, who only do it do to lack of time to commit to normal raiding, the option to leave. This means the more experienced players who LFR will be reducing, proportionately increasing the number of inexperienced players and LFR Trolls into the overall experience.
    Last edited by Geminiel; 2013-08-19 at 06:44 PM.

Deleted
    If that's the case, Blizzard will just weed out all abuseable mechanics until they can achieve satisfactory LFR complete percentage.

What can one person do to wipe a raid in LFR, I ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

And what is the difference between SoO and earlier LFR raids? What is so special in SoO that someone will intentionally wipe it? When I read that kind of threads I think that some ppl can't sleep at night because of LFR...

Reporting someone and later learning they've been banned is the sweetest form of PvP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    What can one person do to wipe a raid in LFR, I ask?
    Sometimes it's possible. Recall killing tentacles on spine, killing wrong arm on madness, stack up with arcane resonance on feng, go stand under garalon continuously. Most have been removed in ToT it seems tho, just tanks can really wipe the raid easily nowadays (have always and will always be the case).

Anyway, doubt this will have much effect. I think flex raiding will hurt lfr a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    I think flex raiding will hurt lfr a lot more.
    I think what will hurt LFR the most is the lack of incentive to keep running it, unless one plans to move on to Flex.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you might be stirring up something that doesn't exist (like the "omg, everyone wearing vanity helms is getting kicked from LFR") - until I see something like this really happen I won't imagine it actually does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Players that do this will likely be reported and get a vacation from the game, their personal raiding and guild activities. Seems like something that only the stupidly ignorant will do, especially on the Alliance side of things. As for wiping the group strictly for purposes of harassing people, this has happened exactly once during all of MoP to me personally. The player was kicked, reported and we went about our business with the buff with no problem. Annoying yes, crippling...well, no.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I'm more siding with Nazgrim, than Garry. Though, I plan on some debachery in the Garrosh fight at least once.

Sometimes it's possible. Recall killing tentacles on spine, killing wrong arm on madness, stack up with arcane resonance on feng, go stand under garalon continuously. Most have been removed in ToT it seems tho, just tanks can really wipe the raid easily nowadays (have always and will always be the case).

Anyway, doubt this will have much effect. I think flex raiding will hurt lfr a lot more.
    Flex doesn't make it easier to kill the bosses. It makes it easier for a group when someone leaves it. It still requires the same amount of effort as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I think you might be stirring up something that doesn't exist (like the "omg, everyone wearing vanity helms is getting kicked from LFR") - until I see something like this really happen I won't imagine it actually does.
    Gotta go with this. I highly doubt I'll ever see this happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you kick the guy causing trouble and move on. I see people trying to wipe the raid, afking, or talking shit get kicked every week when I run it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's always been assholes that have done this since the day LFR was released.

I don't think we're doing to see more in Siege because of roleplayers siding with Garrosh. I mean, really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Flex doesn't make it easier to kill the bosses. It makes it easier for a group when someone leaves it. It still requires the same amount of effort as normal.
    That's not supposed to be the case. Flex is definitely supposed to require effort and will have linear progression like normal and heroic, but it's going to be tuned easier than normal.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

But most of the time it's easy for a group to recover from things like this. Arcane Resonance is barely a tickle on LFR, and I thought Garalon didn't crush when people are under him on LFR anymore though I could be wrong. Most people doing things like this are very easily identified, ridiculed in front of the raid and then kicked.

Also if one was to wipe a group constantly and intentionally, it counts as griefing and is a suspendable offence.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    There's always been assholes that have done this since the day LFR was released.

I don't think we're doing to see more in Siege because of roleplayers siding with Garrosh. I mean, really.
    Just like we never saw DK's side with the Lich King in ICC. And that's not sarcasm - we never did. I can't imagine this would be any different

15+ Year Old Account
    Its sad that Blizzard have to alter the fights cause 0.5% of the player base are fuckwads and WANT to wipe the raid and waste peoples time
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    People already do this on Durumu by not running the beams.
    Horridon people try to push him to 30% before door 4 to mess up the tanks.
    Tortos they kick turtles at the wall.
    Ki-Jun: They send more people to nests than available buffs then don't fly to next nest.
    Animus they try to aoe as fast as possible to force larges to activate faster...

Then you have all the people that try to die asap by standing in the fire and going afk.

Yet LFR continues to succeed week after week. So please attempt to troll LFR by ruining others experiences. We'll ignore and vote kick you and go on with life.

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    So you kick the guy causing trouble and move on. I see people trying to wipe the raid, afking, or talking shit get kicked every week when I run it.
    Or needing on greens, yep. No one bothered to VK the mage popping TW on trash before every boss this past week. It's all trivial and it might happen once or twice but it's all just throwing pixels at pixels to RNG win more pixels.

Deleted
    Good thing all Alliance LFRs either don't give a damn or hate Garrosh. Sucks to be you Horde :3