Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    What? Trolls want to side with Garrosh? This is unheard of!

Anyway, can't you see the irony in your choice of words? Heh.
    I did notice it but I couldn't come up with a way to imply it that satisfied me so I figured I would let someone else. I feel like we could have an Xzibit pic for the Trolls that will perform these actions

"Yo Troll, we heard you like Rebellions"

Is this for real? Do you actually think people will regularly and constantly wipe (when\if possible) LFR encounters because they wan't to side with Garrosh? Really? ok... why did i even bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Sometimes it's possible. Recall killing tentacles on spine, killing wrong arm on madness, stack up with arcane resonance on feng, go stand under garalon continuously. Most have been removed in ToT it seems tho, just tanks can really wipe the raid easily nowadays (have always and will always be the case).
    A good troll can pull all the trash before Horridon, Tortos, Megaera then die... drop cinders in the middle of all the healers.. stack with the tank so they get voidzones on Ji-Kun or Durumu, kill slimes so they heal Primordius so you can get big numbers when everyone else is just trying to focus him down, chase the tank with Crimson Wake on Dark Animus. I've seen people do all of this, intentionally and unintentionally. There's a lot of rich opportunities for trolls in ToT.

10+ Year Old Account
    sure only idiots like yourself would even think of something so stupid as to do this
    but youll be kicked over and over and blizz will see a pattern and ban you and rightly so

If flex is successful (and it will be) most "good" players who were carrying lfr's (for valor points, legendary quests, boredom...) will stop doing it thus making lfr even worse than it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    A good troll can pull all the trash before Horridon, Tortos, Megaera then die... drop cinders in the middle of all the healers.. stack with the tank so they get voidzones on Ji-Kun or Durumu, kill slimes so they heal Primordius so you can get big numbers when everyone else is just trying to focus him down, chase the tank with Crimson Wake on Dark Animus. I've seen people do all of this, intentionally and unintentionally. There's a lot of rich opportunities for trolls in ToT.
    Considering the probable layout of Orgrimmar for SoO I imagine it won't be as gated as some raids and additional mobs will be within pulling distance for those who are planning to do this sort of thing as you mentioned in ToT. It is going to be interesting to say the least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aerna View Post
    If flex is successful (and it will be) most "good" players who were carrying lfr's (for valor points, legendary quests, boredom...) will stop doing it thus making lfr even worse than it is now.
    This is kind of where my opinion is heading as I continue to contemplate. Many LFR's only do it because they don't have an option to raid Normal(due to difficulty and preparation) and will embrace flex with open arms, actively abandoning LFR. LFR is only going to get worse, increasing the Percentage of noobs and trolls proportionately.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Wall of text.
    I'm usually the same on monk, the amount of times I'm #2 in damage taken (shit, even on my shaman) to taunt off healers or to get shit under control when the off tank isn't taunting off Horridon etc, you'd be amazed. But a determined troll finds ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    hahaha 'siding with garrosh' that's fuckin hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Just like we never saw DK's side with the Lich King in ICC. And that's not sarcasm - we never did. I can't imagine this would be any different
    That's a little different, as there was no ICC LFR, so anyone doing something that stupid would be dealt with swiftly and severely by the raid leader. As opposed to LFR where people are often unwilling to kick for some stupid reason and just sit around going "duuuuuuuuuuuuhhh".

That's pretty much my attitude: I hate to blame the victim, but Blizzard gives us the tools to deal with these idiots. When people have the ability to respond to this abuse and stop it but don't, either by conscious choice or just stupid cow-like complacency, well the behavior isn't their fault but they kind of deserve it at that point.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I think what will hurt LFR the most is the lack of incentive to keep running it, unless one plans to move on to Flex.
    Hasn't happened yet. Flex isn't going to hurt LFR. The majority will still do LFR. Not everyone is going to have access to Flex. Just as not everyone had access to trade chat pugs in expansions past.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Hasn't happened yet.
    The last tier is different.

The incentive to run LFR now is to be able to run LFR (and other content Blizzard might have introduced) later. But that incentive doesn't apply in the last tier, unless you think Blizzard is going to spring some new surprise that (1) you'll really want to do, and (2) will require > ilvl 500 gear.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

You can't really "Damage LFR" more than it already is, let's be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    sure only idiots like yourself would even think of something so stupid as to do this
    but youll be kicked over and over and blizz will see a pattern and ban you and rightly so
    Where exactly in any post I have submitted have I claimed I will be performing these actions? I'm not trying to fear monger but if you have played this game for any significant length of time you must understand that a relevant percentage of the player base, given the opportunity, will grief the shit out of people. This is a big opportunity for those people and while I have stated I may be over exaggerating it slightly, I guarantee this raid will be griefed more than any other Raid in WoW's lifespan due to its nature.

We've had people blowing up the auction house for fun, people spreading the ZG disease for fun, we had the zombie apocalypse, people actively hunt down and kill players who are weaker than them for fun and even camp them until they log out in the name of PvP. Some people will grief in any opportunity they are given and this entire Raid, due to lore, is a huge reason for many players to develop an excuse to do so.

This isn't the end of WoW but the LFR experience is about to get a lot worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's dickheads everywhere, you can't necessarily remove them from the internet. As long as people are under the presumption that they're 100% safe behind a keyboard, they'll continue to be keyboard warriors.

People don't troll for "lulz" or to make others mad, they do it because their own lives suck, it's that simple.

As for people intentionally wiping a raid. I'd like to know what mechanics could be abused to wipe a LFR encounter. 3/4 the raid can be dead and your LFR encounter can still be easily beaten before an enrage timer, it's a ridiculously watered down version of even a normal raid.

The ONLY type of real trolling I've seen recently came on Stone Guards on an alt.

Two tanks from a guild "Encore" on Illidan were trolling on Stone Guards and kept stoning the raid to reset the bosses. They thought this was absolutely hilarious each time too and they couldn't be kicked because everyone said they encountered a "4 hour wait timer".

Mind you, Encore used to be a World 50 Top Guild but apparently they take anyone who wants in now days since they're no longer anywhere near the top of who they used to be. It's sad man, this community absolutely disgusts me.

All everyone cares about is epics because Blizzard has created this sense of entitlement rather than a sense of reward and appreciation. I sincerely hope they require characters to have 10/10 Gold to even use the queue system for LFR. Will this kill off all the trolls? No, nothing will. Put everyone's face/name and address in the "Inspect" player window, let's see how many trolls there are then and how many "Keyboard Warriors" there are then. That would be dangerous for innocent players as well though so that won't happen.

However, requiring people to complete Gold Proving Grounds to prove that they have the intelligence level above a Goldfish would be a great start though. Also: DPS tests to make sure they're doing at least 50% of the optimal DPS they should be doing at their ilvl would be a great start too... not that I don't thoroughly enjoy long ass runs because the majority of the bad dps are just sitting there doing 30-50k dps (somehow...).

It's just like the dickwads who did 5-9k dps in Cata LFR who seemed to win a lot of the items.

Been wiping raids for fun in LFR since Cata lol. I don't think people siding with garrosh or not will change this.

Deleted
    You forgott that Everyone can use BLOOOOOOOOOOODLUST / HEROOOOOOOO, well 25% haste, instead of 30%, but still.. And you do get the Sated debuff.
    Hell it's going to be like when you are eating dinner at your girlfriend's house, just wishing it will end..

I was never a fan of removing Attunements from the game, if anything now they would be more reasonable to do. In an end game that requires you to have a certain understanding of the game idiot tests need to be present even if they aren't ridiculously difficult in terms of gear but making wrong moves will cause you to have to retry. There really isn't enough idiot tests in the leveling portion of this game. I appreciate all new players but it's unreasonable for the game to allow them to do end-game content without any sort of clue due to a lack of trials to improve their abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Been wiping raids for fun in LFR since Cata lol. I don't think people siding with garrosh or not will change this.
    I am definitely aware that people have been doing this for some time but have had very little incentive to do so other than their own personal entertainment. People who do this for personal entertainment will continue to do it but the nature of the lore is going to guide more people down this path simply because there are people who actually want to side with Garrosh and if they want to badly enough they will go out of their way to try. If they have fun doing this sort of thing they will become repeat offenders.

The frequency of these sorts of things is going to increase that is a guarantee. How much is the real question.

I STRONGLY doubt some people are gonna wipe LFR groups cause they like Garrosh. I can see people wiping groups because they are trolls and that has been happening since LFR was introduced. Will LFR be harder due to some people choosing Flex raiding, yes. LFR won't be impossible though nor will it be a wipe fest every time you get in one or a majority of the time. The opening is being a bit silly if he HONESTLY thinks that people in LFR will wipe groups so they can side with Garrosh or had any desire in the past before LFR, but couldn't due to the fear of black listing.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiel View Post
    Are you LFR's prepared for the people who will be intentionally wiping your raids?

As I have been talking to more people it's starting to become more evident that SoO LFR is going to be one of the most interesting experiences this game has recently had.

Trolls have always existed in this game Ninja'ing your loot and wiping your group but never has such an opportunity presented itself where a significant enough percentage of a player base wants to side with Garrosh Hellscream to the point of intentionally wiping Raids.

I have talked to a fair number of geared people who plan to LFR simply for this purpose and many others with LFR quality gear planning to do the same. I think this is going to be one of the most interesting raiding experiences in some time(I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.)

The odds of getting a LFR without at least 1 person who will scheme against your raid I feel is very slim. These players are going to try and poison the rest of LFR players into doing the same thing simply to experience the game in a different way that they may find fun.(At others expense)

I'm sure enough of you will have your flex, normal and Heroic raids in which you can guild kick any who pull this kind of crap but I'm curious as to whether or not LFR players are making any preparations for this inevitability.

What are your guys thoughts on wiping LFR in the name of Garrosh, in the name of creativity or in the name of flat out harassment(all the motivation a real troll needs)

Opinion Update: Flex raiding will give most LFR's, who only do it do to lack of time to commit to normal raiding, the option to leave. This means the more experienced players who LFR will be reducing, proportionately increasing the number of inexperienced players and LFR Trolls into the overall experience.
    This is one of the chinciest theories I have seen in like, forever.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I think you might be stirring up something that doesn't exist (like the "omg, everyone wearing vanity helms is getting kicked from LFR") - until I see something like this really happen I won't imagine it actually does.
    The last place that I encountered really determined trolls in LFR was the Morchock trash.

Like people have said, two things:

1) Blizzard will nerf/remove mechanics that people can (ab)use to grief groups.
    2) People who do this are subject to reporting and bans.