Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Not sure if this had been said already... But people have been pulling the whole area before meg since it was released. Trolls will be trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only person who has the power to do this is a tank. Simply have the 2nd tank die due to not taunting, and then die yourself. So anyone who has a level 90 Monk/Pally/DK/Druid/Warrior of the minimum itemlevel can do this. We'll see how it turns out when we get there, but I anticipate kicking a lot of people. Although considering I can likely solo tank most LFR fights again, I doubt these griefers will affect me too much.

Noby will whippe on Garrosh, he will give special like BoA and nobody want to miss a chance to roll on that

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Noby will whippe on Garrosh, he will give special like BoA and nobody want to miss a chance to roll on that
    BoA Heirlooms are reported to not be present on LFR so that is not an incentive to anyone except those who are misinformed and actually believe there is a chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just imagine LFR being implemented during Karazhan, that mage boss would be notorious, "STOP FUCKING MOVING!!!", you know... That kind of thing.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    What can one person do to wipe a raid in LFR, I ask?
    It's pretty easy, depending on your class. As a Hpally all I have to do is BoP both tanks, when that wears off Hand of Salv both tanks and watch the boss wreck half the DPS. It's kind of funny actually.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Just imagine LFR being implemented during Karazhan, that mage boss would be notorious, "STOP FUCKING MOVING!!!", you know... That kind of thing.
    Shade would be a nightmare in LFR but pretty hilarious the first few times of people having absolutely no idea what the hell is going on.

Deleted
    lol OP do you really believe in the shit you think or you are just another failed experiment of humankind?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiel View Post
    Shade would be a nightmare in LFR but pretty hilarious the first few times of people having absolutely no idea what the hell is going on.
    May god have mercy on anyone's soul if they were to ever implement a raid like this and allow it in LFR.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Eike View Post
    lol OP do you really believe in the shit you think or you are just another failed experiment of humankind?
    If I am another failed experiment it would appear that you and I are members of the same club.

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    There's dickheads everywhere, you can't necessarily remove them from the internet. As long as people are under the presumption that they're 100% safe behind a keyboard, they'll continue to be keyboard warriors.

People don't troll for "lulz" or to make others mad, they do it because their own lives suck, it's that simple.

As for people intentionally wiping a raid. I'd like to know what mechanics could be abused to wipe a LFR encounter. 3/4 the raid can be dead and your LFR encounter can still be easily beaten before an enrage timer, it's a ridiculously watered down version of even a normal raid.

The ONLY type of real trolling I've seen recently came on Stone Guards on an alt.

Two tanks from a guild "Encore" on Illidan were trolling on Stone Guards and kept stoning the raid to reset the bosses. They thought this was absolutely hilarious each time too and they couldn't be kicked because everyone said they encountered a "4 hour wait timer".

Mind you, Encore used to be a World 50 Top Guild but apparently they take anyone who wants in now days since they're no longer anywhere near the top of who they used to be. It's sad man, this community absolutely disgusts me.

All everyone cares about is epics because Blizzard has created this sense of entitlement rather than a sense of reward and appreciation. I sincerely hope they require characters to have 10/10 Gold to even use the queue system for LFR. Will this kill off all the trolls? No, nothing will. Put everyone's face/name and address in the "Inspect" player window, let's see how many trolls there are then and how many "Keyboard Warriors" there are then. That would be dangerous for innocent players as well though so that won't happen.

However, requiring people to complete Gold Proving Grounds to prove that they have the intelligence level above a Goldfish would be a great start though. Also: DPS tests to make sure they're doing at least 50% of the optimal DPS they should be doing at their ilvl would be a great start too... not that I don't thoroughly enjoy long ass runs because the majority of the bad dps are just sitting there doing 30-50k dps (somehow...).

It's just like the dickwads who did 5-9k dps in Cata LFR who seemed to win a lot of the items.
    Well tanks and healers can easily troll groups as you pointed out with stone guard. You still need tanks for LFR and if you have the couple you mentioned, it is highly doubtful you can finish any fight in LFR without 2 living tanks.

As for proving grounds, if 3/4 of a raid can be dead in a LFR encounter, why even require 10/10 gold? LFR is so easy right? 1/3 of a raid is all that is needed to beat bosses before the enrage timer. There is no point of EVEN doing proving grounds. I don't see how you want Gold Proving Grounds requirement for content for that is easy.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Flex doesn't make it easier to kill the bosses. It makes it easier for a group when someone leaves it. It still requires the same amount of effort as normal.
    Maybe effort but not skill from what I understood.

OP's opinion is predicated on the belief that the qualities Horde, raider, and roleplayer can potentially co-exist.

However, if RP servers are any indication, you can only pick two.

Quote Originally Posted by Salted Beef View Post
    OP's opinion is predicated on the belief that the qualities Horde, raider, and roleplayer can potentially co-exist.

However, if RP servers are any indication, you can only pick two.
    An RP server is generally a commitment to RP as your highest priority in your gaming experience. An RP server is a very poor indication of how people play off of RP servers. For example myself and many friends play on a standard PvP Server, we Raid, we Stir shit up in WPvP, we play battlegrounds and we set time aside to RP. On an RP server your statement may hold some truth with a certain percentage of players due to the priorities they set but I have met many people who have all of the qualities you described as being incompatible and they generally don't play on RP servers.

One does not require an RP server in order to RP. I find RPing more fun on non-RP servers, some people take shit way to seriously on RP servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me the real question is, will there be anything as fun as summoning your Dragon Soul LFR group to Malyos. Doing that every week was utter hillarity, AND got a ton of people the achieve, and more than 1 person a mount as well.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    For me the real question is, will there be anything as fun as summoning your Dragon Soul LFR group to Malyos. Doing that every week was utter hillarity, AND got a ton of people the achieve, and more than 1 person a mount as well.

One can only hope happy accidents like this intertwine with the game play more often.

Reporting someone and later learning they've been banned is the sweetest form of PvP.

[2]

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I think you might be stirring up something that doesn't exist (like the "omg, everyone wearing vanity helms is getting kicked from LFR") - until I see something like this really happen I won't imagine it actually does.
    There was proof but you guys locked the thread. I guess you'll never know now, too bad so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiel View Post
    Are you LFR's prepared for the people who will be intentionally wiping your raids?

As I have been talking to more people it's starting to become more evident that SoO LFR is going to be one of the most interesting experiences this game has recently had.

Trolls have always existed in this game Ninja'ing your loot and wiping your group but never has such an opportunity presented itself where a significant enough percentage of a player base wants to side with Garrosh Hellscream to the point of intentionally wiping Raids.

I have talked to a fair number of geared people who plan to LFR simply for this purpose and many others with LFR quality gear planning to do the same. I think this is going to be one of the most interesting raiding experiences in some time(I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.)

The odds of getting a LFR without at least 1 person who will scheme against your raid I feel is very slim. These players are going to try and poison the rest of LFR players into doing the same thing simply to experience the game in a different way that they may find fun.(At others expense)

I'm sure enough of you will have your flex, normal and Heroic raids in which you can guild kick any who pull this kind of crap but I'm curious as to whether or not LFR players are making any preparations for this inevitability.

What are your guys thoughts on wiping LFR in the name of Garrosh, in the name of creativity or in the name of flat out harassment(all the motivation a real troll needs)

Opinion Update: Flex raiding will give most LFR's, who only do it do to lack of time to commit to normal raiding, the option to leave. This means the more experienced players who LFR will be reducing, proportionately increasing the number of inexperienced players and LFR Trolls into the overall experience.
    You can't be serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody except for tank can wipe the raid in LFR really. And who cares if i wipe 3-5 times before debuff on boss rises to the point he's one-shotable