Poll: Yes or no?

Thread: Give us a vote!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Give us a vote!

The decision of a new Warchief should be left to the people! I think it'd be cool if they had an election in game for us players to decide who is to be appointed as Warchief. Blizzard's choice will most likely piss everyone off for some stupid reason. If the majority votes for someone then who are they to complain?

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be people pissed off no matter who is chosen. Besides, if anything can be derived by the "suggestions that will make wow better" on these forums, it's that the majority of the player base are morons who don't know what they want.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by cpillow View Post
    The decision of a new Warchief should be left to the people! I think it'd be cool if they had an election in game for us players to decide who is to be appointed as Warchief. Blizzard's choice will most likely piss everyone off for some stupid reason. If the majority votes for someone then who are they to complain?
    Sure, I think we all know that Sylvanas Windrunner would win this in a landslide.

We pay Blizzard to make the game. Specifically I pay Blizzard to make the game. While I often dislike their decisions, I'm pretty sure I'd dislike your (collective) decisions more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let the players vote and we'll end up with a basic campfire as warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is Blizzard have probably already crafted the upcoming story that involves the new warchief in some way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karvak View Post
    The problem is Blizzard have probably already crafted the upcoming story that involves the new warchief in some way.
    This, the decision for who becomes the Warchief was probably made ages ago, they just haven't announced it yet. Blizzard tends to plan rather far ahead, in a sense they need to in order to always have something awesome prepared for what comes next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Way too many people would vote for completely stupid options (Warchief Sylvanas, anyone?) simply because they're fan-favourites. I'd rather they not leave it to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cpillow View Post
    . Blizzard's choice will most likely piss everyone off for some stupid reason.
    It doesn't matter whats the outcome... people will complain

10+ Year Old Account
    Democracy in WoW? Interesting.

If the playerbase gets to vote, we'd end up with either Gamon or Basic Campfire as warchief

Not that I would mind ofcourse...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    The Horde is not a democracy, its leadership is not elected and as such, holds absolutely no duty to any constituency. The Warchief is a despot. Deal with it.
    Blackhand was elected:
    And two days later, Durotan watched with dull eyes as the votes of the clan chieftains were tallied, and as Blackhand of the Blackrock clan was chosen. --Rise of the Horde

Thrall was elected:
    For his honor, optimism and courage, Thrall was unanimously elected to be the new warchief of the orcish horde. --WC3 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Blackhand was elected:
    And two days later, Durotan watched with dull eyes as the votes of the clan chieftains were tallied, and as Blackhand of the Blackrock clan was chosen. --Rise of the Horde

Thrall was elected:
    For his honor, optimism and courage, Thrall was unanimously elected to be the new warchief of the orcish horde. --WC3 Manual
    I do think we should have another "clan chieftain" election, except with the Horde racial leaders voting rather then the chieftains of the Orcish clans.

What I think is the most probable route is for Thrall to acknowledge that appointing Garrosh (or anyone) as his successor outright was a terrible, terrible idea. Instead he invokes the old ways, explaining that the position of Warchief was traditionally elected by the clan chieftains. He then addresses the Horde racial leaders (including those who don't call themselves chieftains like Lor'themar) as "chieftains" and delegates the decision to them.

5.5 would then feature the actual election for Warchief.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

This is a horrible idea. I will not bow to down basic camp fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pr0digy View Post
    Democracy in WoW? Interesting.
    As a disclaimer, all this info is from WoWpedia and I can't verify all the sources.

Places with elected councils are: Darnassus, Ashenvale, Hillsbrad Foothills (original), Darkshore (original), Dustwallow Marsh, and Crossroads.

Places with democracy are: Redridge Mountains, Duskwood, Darkshire, Elwynn Forest (RPG) and Gnomes.

Swamp of Sorrows (original) had a participatory democracy. Dalaran's mageocracy isn't a democracy, but it has democratic elements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Correction, Democratic elections in WoW by players? Interesting.

Guild Wars 2 (which I also play alongside WoW) did this recently with the Cutthroat Politics update. I thought it was an amazing idea.

That is, until the results started coming in and nearly everyone who voted for the loser (who was strongly implied to be a villain and gave boosts to micro-transaction stuff, but had a cool instance tied to him) went on a flame spree about how the other side ruined the game for everyone and wrecked everything for a small discount and because the winner was a woman.

Even with WoW's community having an even smaller focus now, an election isn't worth all this.

I really do think you all should leave the decision making to blizzard. Many players whine about this and that, but really, 99% of what blizzard comes up with is good content. Some things could use improvement, and some stuff is perfect. Its like that with all games.

Deleted
    No. Just like in real life, people without a clue (99% of voters) shouldn't be allowed to vote for any politicians.

I'm sure Blizzard will come up with something that nobody expects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    Let the players vote and we'll end up with a basic campfire as warchief.
    After realizing how much the average player cares about lore i would say this is most likely to be true >.<