Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Head enchant removal

Honestly I cant understand why they removed those from the game. Their explanation was that "head enchant was mandatory". What? arent bracer enchant, chest enchants mandatory then? If there was some issue regardin head enchants, the problem was not in the fact that enchant went to head slot because other enchants have no issue at all.

It was a case "we don't want you to feel you have to grind the rep that has your head enchant first".

Deleted
    they were always tied to rep which made rep grinding mandatory at any point in the expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    I know.
    I found it funny they removed them because they said the were "mandatory" since people HAD to grind rep to get them.
    Then they turn around and made a lot of gear only available by grinding rep...

Deleted
    Should have just given it to scribes along with shoulder enchants really.

Head enchant was mandatory faction grind.

Forgetting those two little words from the end makes all the difference in the world (of warcraft).
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Yeah, but that has nothing to do with the fact that enchant went to head slot. Why remove whole enchant slot from the game because some enchant spells were difficult/mandatory to get? Would have made more sense to change where you get the enchant from, like from the players like rest of enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    they were always tied to rep which made rep grinding mandatory at any point in the expansion
    Technically no, not always.

Deleted
    Yeah its funny how that reasoning goes with whole MoP, lots of stuff is locked behind reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Yeah, but that has nothing to do with the fact that enchant went to head slot. Why remove whole enchant slot from the game because some enchant spells were difficult/mandatory to get? Would have made more sense to change where you get the enchant from, like from the players like rest of enchant.
    Blizzard has addressed this, saying "you already get a meta gem". They must have figured that was enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    It was a case "we don't want you to feel you have to grind the rep that has your head enchant first".
    And yet we have to grind rep for best wep enchant formulas, and other stuff..

Honestly it doesn't bother me they got rid of head enchants, they were nice, but i'm not missing them much, but there is alot of rep grind needed for various things, it does seem silly they thought head enchants were worse.

Deleted
    Another issue with this is that how didnt they foresee that people dont like reputation grind? And why they continued this reputation grind in mop?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    cept they were BoA meaning one toon could do the rep grind and send them to whomever.
    That never worked in Cata, at least. You couldn't use the enchants from Therazane, for instance, without having the rep on the receiving toon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    This. Then they go and add a million mandatory dailies and factions to grind rep for.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That never worked in Cata, at least. You couldn't use the enchants from Therazane, for instance, without having the rep on the receiving toon.
    It worked a lot better then the shit we got in 5.0. A few dungeons and you were exalted.
    Last edited by Illiterate; 2013-08-19 at 06:57 PM.

They should give us a choice when it comes to all enchants before thinking about head enchants.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FearXI View Post
    I know.
    I found it funny they removed them because they said the were "mandatory" since people HAD to grind rep to get them.
    Then they turn around and made a lot of gear only available by grinding rep...
    Blizzard considered that gear optional. (They wanted most gear to come from boss kills.) But helm enchants were always considered mandatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even going to complain about having less mandatory faction grinds. No head enchant? Great.

If they want to put them back in the form of crafted by scribes or some other profession, than fine, but I don't think it's really needed; not every slot has to have an enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Therazane was shoulders.

Head enchants did go BoA at one point and you could use even if your other toon didn't have the rep.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    But still, the problem was not in the head enchant itself. If blizzard had issue with reputation enchant, then why didnt they just relocate those enchants. We have countless enchants available from player enchanters, why not move those enchants to player profession?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Yeah its funny how that reasoning goes with whole MoP, lots of stuff is locked behind reputation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    This. Then they go and add a million mandatory dailies and factions to grind rep for.
    Those aren't mandatory though. You could get equally powerful gear without grinding those dailies for rep. There was no alternative to the head enchant from whatever faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Those aren't mandatory though. You could get equally powerful gear without grinding those dailies for rep. There was no alternative to the head enchant from whatever faction.
    If it unlocks competitive gear it's mandatory.