Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Head enchant removal

    Honestly I cant understand why they removed those from the game. Their explanation was that "head enchant was mandatory". What? arent bracer enchant, chest enchants mandatory then? If there was some issue regardin head enchants, the problem was not in the fact that enchant went to head slot because other enchants have no issue at all.

  2. #2
    It was a case "we don't want you to feel you have to grind the rep that has your head enchant first".

  3. #3
    they were always tied to rep which made rep grinding mandatory at any point in the expansion
    Video Game Blog - Now with 100% less World of Warcraft!

  4. #4
    Bloodsail Admiral FearXI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,054
    I know.
    I found it funny they removed them because they said the were "mandatory" since people HAD to grind rep to get them.
    Then they turn around and made a lot of gear only available by grinding rep...
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Redline 32GB 2133 MOBO: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
    SSD: Crucial M4 256GB GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SLI CASE: NZXT SWITCH 810
    PSU: SeaSonic Platinum-1000 COOLING: Water Cooling
    Firearms: Glock 19 Generation 4

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,292
    Should have just given it to scribes along with shoulder enchants really.

  6. #6
    Head enchant was mandatory faction grind.

    Forgetting those two little words from the end makes all the difference in the world (of warcraft).
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

  7. #7
    Yeah, but that has nothing to do with the fact that enchant went to head slot. Why remove whole enchant slot from the game because some enchant spells were difficult/mandatory to get? Would have made more sense to change where you get the enchant from, like from the players like rest of enchant.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    they were always tied to rep which made rep grinding mandatory at any point in the expansion
    Technically no, not always.

  9. #9
    Yeah its funny how that reasoning goes with whole MoP, lots of stuff is locked behind reputation.

  10. #10
    Scarab Lord Moon Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Posts
    4,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    they were always tied to rep which made rep grinding mandatory at any point in the expansion
    cept they were BoA meaning one toon could do the rep grind and send them to whomever.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Night Elf Independence Movement

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Yeah, but that has nothing to do with the fact that enchant went to head slot. Why remove whole enchant slot from the game because some enchant spells were difficult/mandatory to get? Would have made more sense to change where you get the enchant from, like from the players like rest of enchant.
    Blizzard has addressed this, saying "you already get a meta gem". They must have figured that was enough.

  12. #12
    Legendary! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    6,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    It was a case "we don't want you to feel you have to grind the rep that has your head enchant first".
    And yet we have to grind rep for best wep enchant formulas, and other stuff..

    Honestly it doesn't bother me they got rid of head enchants, they were nice, but i'm not missing them much, but there is alot of rep grind needed for various things, it does seem silly they thought head enchants were worse.

  13. #13
    Another issue with this is that how didnt they foresee that people dont like reputation grind? And why they continued this reputation grind in mop?

  14. #14
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    33,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    cept they were BoA meaning one toon could do the rep grind and send them to whomever.
    That never worked in Cata, at least. You couldn't use the enchants from Therazane, for instance, without having the rep on the receiving toon.



  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    It was a case "we don't want you to feel you have to grind the rep that has your head enchant first".
    This. Then they go and add a million mandatory dailies and factions to grind rep for.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That never worked in Cata, at least. You couldn't use the enchants from Therazane, for instance, without having the rep on the receiving toon.
    It worked a lot better then the shit we got in 5.0. A few dungeons and you were exalted.
    Last edited by Illiterate; 2013-08-19 at 06:57 PM.

  16. #16
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,724
    They should give us a choice when it comes to all enchants before thinking about head enchants.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  17. #17
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,622
    Quote Originally Posted by FearXI View Post
    I know.
    I found it funny they removed them because they said the were "mandatory" since people HAD to grind rep to get them.
    Then they turn around and made a lot of gear only available by grinding rep...
    Blizzard considered that gear optional. (They wanted most gear to come from boss kills.) But helm enchants were always considered mandatory.

  18. #18
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    11,682
    I'm not even going to complain about having less mandatory faction grinds. No head enchant? Great.

    If they want to put them back in the form of crafted by scribes or some other profession, than fine, but I don't think it's really needed; not every slot has to have an enchant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That never worked in Cata, at least. You couldn't use the enchants from Therazane, for instance, without having the rep on the receiving toon.
    Therazane was shoulders.

    Head enchants did go BoA at one point and you could use even if your other toon didn't have the rep.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

  19. #19
    But still, the problem was not in the head enchant itself. If blizzard had issue with reputation enchant, then why didnt they just relocate those enchants. We have countless enchants available from player enchanters, why not move those enchants to player profession?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Yeah its funny how that reasoning goes with whole MoP, lots of stuff is locked behind reputation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    This. Then they go and add a million mandatory dailies and factions to grind rep for.
    Those aren't mandatory though. You could get equally powerful gear without grinding those dailies for rep. There was no alternative to the head enchant from whatever faction.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •