Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It was a load of crap obviously since when they removed them, they also made rep grinds more mandatory than ever gating valor and justice gear behind multiple rep grinds. It's a good example of going to far with shameless pr to the point where even sheep notice.

Deleted
    Why would you even post this now lol? Nobody cares anymore

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    And yet we have to grind rep for best wep enchant formulas, and other stuff..

Honestly it doesn't bother me they got rid of head enchants, they were nice, but i'm not missing them much, but there is alot of rep grind needed for various things, it does seem silly they thought head enchants were worse.
    An enchanter has to grind rep for the best weapons. All the players had to grind rep to get the head enchants for their toons. There is a big difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    If it unlocks competitive gear it's mandatory.
    Not mandatory if you can get equivalent level gear by other means.

They had a reason to justify the removal, then the whole argument fell flat when they tied all valor gear to reputation.

Even then 'mandatory' argument was poor at best, as if giving me a dozen sockets to fill in my gear doesn't feel mandatory to drop 2k on the damn gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Not mandatory if you can get equivalent level gear by other means.
    If it means gearing up a lot faster, it is mandatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    If it means gearing up a lot faster, it is mandatory.
    Just take a moment to think about what you are saying. Something that allows you to get something faster vs something you have no alternative method of getting. Getting something faster is not mandatory. That's like saying paying for the xp boost from the cash shop is mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by FearXI View Post
    I know.
    I found it funny they removed them because they said the were "mandatory" since people HAD to grind rep to get them.
    Then they turn around and made a lot of gear only available by grinding rep...
    couldn't have said it better
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Those aren't mandatory though. You could get equally powerful gear without grinding those dailies for rep. There was no alternative to the head enchant from whatever faction.
    There are still patterns/recipes for multiple professions behind rep so why just this one was considered mandatory. I would debate leg armor/spellthreads are mandatory, yet they still get the rep gated treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by FenrisUy View Post
    An enchanter has to grind rep for the best weapons. All the players had to grind rep to get the head enchants for their toons. There is a big difference.
    So arbitrarily punishing a certain profession to a grind is fine with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    They had a reason to justify the removal, then the whole argument fell flat when they tied all valor gear to reputation.

Even then 'mandatory' argument was poor at best, as if giving me a dozen sockets to fill in my gear doesn't feel mandatory to drop 2k on the damn gems.
    They don't have a problem with mandatory enchants, they had a problem with enchants that only could be achieved by faction grinds. This is the same reason why shoulder enchants are now provided by scribes instead of a faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know.
    I found it funny they removed them because they said the were "mandatory" since people HAD to grind rep to get them.
    Which means they don't have a clue about what they are doing, they say something, they try to adress it, but at the same time they keep doing more of the same mistakes... This is just a small example.

What i can't understand is that if they didn't wanted to keep creating more of these items, then why remove the ones that already existed??

One thing they could take in consideration is that they can not say something, whille they doing the oposite, that makes people pissed off.

They don't have a problem with mandatory enchants, they had a problem with enchants that only could be achieved by faction grinds. This is the same reason why shoulder enchants are now provided by scribes instead of a faction.
    Couldn't they have donne the same with head enchants?' Then why haven't they donne it??

They could easely give head enchants to a professition, like the shoulder ones. But instead, they trolled us, pretending to be adressing a non game issue, whille at the same time they keeped providing a lot more of the old keep doing these stuff.
    Last edited by Tuor; 2013-08-19 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    The is no punishing, if you don't want to get the weapon enchant buy it from somebody who has done the grind. The player that grind that rep gets to make money, the players that don't want to grind does not. Same with the bags, and the crafting patterns for LW, BS and tailors. If you want to make money, grind that rep, if you don't care, don't grind. Head enchants were different, because you couldn't buy them from another player that had grinded the rep.

If you think about it another way, helms already have an "enchant" in the form of meta gems. Arcanums (arcana?) made sense in Classic when that was the only enchant for the slot; from BC through Cata, helms were the only piece of gear with two special things attached to it (meta + enchant). Shoulders had inscriptions; legs had armor kits/spellthreads; belts had an extra socket; chests, gloves, bracers, boots, cloaks, and weapons had enchants. I'm deliberately ignoring profession perks (because the same perks don't apply to everyone), engineering tinkers (which originally didn't stack, so it was one or the other), and the legendary weapon socket this expansion (special case). Part of it (I believe) was also that since helms already had something special associated with them, why require two?

The other part, as mentioned, was that the rep grind WAS mandatory for serious characters. Although you could just mindlessly dungeon run your way to exalted, in Cata that was kind of more difficult. Slightly related, I still don't know why they didn't make Therazane inscriptions BoA when it was just fine for the Sons of Hodir to be. In Wrath you could grind every rep once and be covered for all your characters, but Cata required every rep once and Therazane on every character you wanted inscriptions on. Pretty dumb.

So in short, it's no real loss. Consider meta gems your helm enchants and it all works out okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    There are still patterns/recipes for multiple professions behind rep so why just this one was considered mandatory. I would debate leg armor/spellthreads are mandatory, yet they still get the rep gated treatment.

It's mandatory that someone does it. It's not mandatory that you do it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Which means they don't have a clue about what they are doing, they say something, they try to adress it, but at the same time they keep doing more of the same mistakes... This is just a small example.

What i can't understand is that if they didn't wanted to keep creating more of these items, then why remove the ones that already existed??

One thing they could take in consideration is that they can not say something, whille they doing the oposite, that makes people pissed off.
    They explained that if they left the older head enchants in the game, people would feel forced to get them for their new gear. And new toons or new players would have to grind the rep to get them, so instead of having people grinding current expansion rep, you were going to have people grinding Cata reps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure why "faster" is even an issue. The VP rep gear was not speedy between being gated behind reputation that could only be earned in X-amount-per-day and limited by the weekly valor cap, it probably was actually faster to gear up via raiding. That's how I did it.

The valor gear should have been seen as an alternative gear progression for non-raiders, or as a way to fill in missing spots for raiders. An important role, but I don't really understand why so many people viewed them as compulsory.

But even if it was legitimately mandatory then, that was really only a valid argument in the first tier. As soon as the next tier was released with LFR even dropping better gear, the rep-locked items became completely irrelevant. Now with the third tier of the expansion launching soon, they're not even useful quality for alts.

Conversely, head enchants are always relevant, could not be achieved elsewhere, and were obligatory for any raiding player to have.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    They explained that if they left the older head enchants in the game, people would feel forced to get them for their new gear. And new toons or new players would have to grind the rep to get them, so instead of having people grinding current expansion rep, you were going to have people grinding Cata reps.
    They could have turned cata ones into heirlooms like the ones in wrath, the ones of the Sons of Hodir reputation. But they decided to just remove them .

Edit: Lol, just remembered that the Son of Hodir where the shoulder ones, the head enchants where spread around for multiple factions, but they where still account bound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    They could have turned cata ones into heirlooms like the ones in wrath, the ones of the Sons of Hodir reputation. But they decided to just remove them .
    Did you even read what you quoted? "And new toons or new players would have to grind the rep to get them, so instead of having people grinding current expansion rep, you were going to have people grinding Cata reps." It also applies to returning players that didn't play Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know.
    But none of that gear as "mandatory".
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you even read what you quoted? "And new toons or new players would have to grind the rep to get them, so instead of having people grinding current expansion rep, you were going to have people grinding Cata reps." It also applies to returning players that didn't play Cata.
    C'mon, is that hard to equip a tabard and jump into a couple of instances?? We don't even have tabard reputation anymore... At least it would give people a reason to do 5 mans, which seems its not happening very often in MoP.