Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Living Steel prices

So I've been getting very lucky with living steel procs sitting on 24 bars atm, after 30 saved do you guys believe 700-800 gold per bar would be a good selling price on a medium pop server?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanksaton10 View Post
    So I've been getting very lucky with living steel procs sitting on 24 bars atm, after 30 saved do you guys believe 700-800 gold per bar would be a good selling price on a medium pop server?
    I would wait until after 5.4 drops. some new uses for it might make demand a bit higher.

Planned on it keeping the 30 to make my golem then plan on making some profits with the rest, just hope my luck stays up and I keep getting 4-5 bar procs. Price of the bars ATM is like 600g a bar but I have a strong feeling come 5.4 ppl are gonna be buying them like crazy, especially those who don't want to put the time in to make the bars themselves for the mount

10+ Year Old Account
    You also need some for a pet. 15 or so.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Hoping to farm some mats later tonight after hitting 90 with my eng toon to level it to 600 the gonna farm the hell out of the plans

Sitting on about 300 bars atm. The joys of having 10 Transmute Alchemists on a server. The price should be pretty good going into 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Sitting on about 300 bars atm. The joys of having 10 Transmute Alchemists on a server. The price should be pretty good going into 5.4
    I'm sure you and the hundred other people that stocked an absurd amount of bars will make a lot of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd hold on to them, they're down to 350 on my dead server.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    I'm sure you and the hundred other people that stocked an absurd amount of bars will make a lot of money.
    Considering there is pretty much no competition on my server, I'm sure i'll be alright.

Considering there is pretty much no competition on my server, I'm sure i'll be alright.
    Until you get merged on Virtual Realms and share 10 AHs.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

I'm also trying to figure in living steel buckles as well currently going for 625g cheapest undercut

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Until you get merged on Virtual Realms and share 10 AHs.
    10 times the market. Stop thinking small.

10 times the people undercutting.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    10 times the people undercutting.
    And againt - 10 times more market, making them fly out the window, thus he could always buy out the undercutters and resell it kinda fast. Its all about know when to stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

In theory this is correct. But I wonder how relevant it is. What if you're merged with 10 other servers that don't have fierce auctioneer's on them? Win!

Then again, what if you're merged with 10 other servers, and on 7 of them the only market activity at all are 35 people that constantly buy and sell each other's goods and undercut each other (no market). You went from controlling your current realm, to now having to fight with 35 other people who do nothing but sit at the AH all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanksaton10 View Post
    800g a bar? I wish we had that price on our server.
    But ok, I play on a high pop server, our bar price is around 475g. But sounds like a really good idea to save them up till 5.4.

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The most common item I've seen over the past month that everyone is expecting to make money, is living steel, In game, On MMO Forums, on official forums, and on other forums, everyone and their grandma seem to think they will make their fortune doing this lol, And it's all fine saying there will be a bigger market when connected realms come into play but there will also be other people who are thinking they will be the new boss in town, and as far as AH moguls go, There will be a fierce battle as each trys to make a name for itself, smashing prices down, the AH will get flooded and cause a huge drop in prices IMO, But we can all speculate, only time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by pvrwizard View Post
    I would wait until after 5.4 drops. some new uses for it might make demand a bit higher.
    really? i may have missed those, but the craftables i saw requite trillium bars to make something else that makes the item.
    but on my server, i've been getting 400+ per bar lately.

Deleted
    The price is gonna go up from say you have 400g per bar now, to 450g. Its all run by you and the like, thus the price stays "profitable" (woot 10g per bar?) Its been like this after patch from the days these alchemy bars/essences/shizzles came in TBC i think?

In TBC it was much easier to control AH as there were far less ppl fondling it 24/7.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had 2 proccs in 4 months. Give me some of your luck will ya?
    DO 50/50; sell some now, keep some for the golem if you want it, and sell the rest the days after 5.4 hits.