Page 1 of 28
... LastLast

No buffs coming to hunters - official post

we've already made all of the adjustments we had planned in the wake of the Readiness nerf. Yes, this means that you'll be less effective in certain situations (such as BM burst in Arenas). That was the point.
    We're still monitoring performance and tuning appropriately, and that will continue. It's important to remember that changes to other classes will have an effect on where you stand in overall performance. Comparing 5.4 PTR Hunter DPS to, say, 5.3 Fire Mage DPS would be silly, as Fire has been brought down considerably. Players will always tend to gravitate towards whatever the "best" spec happens to be in a given patch cycle, even if the differences are very minor. If Survival ends up doing even as little as 2% more damage than Marksmanship, I suspect we'll still see many claims that Marks is "not viable."

-

rofl is this a joke?

You were OP in PvP so they nerfed you. That's called "balancing." They do it every patch... perhaps you've noticed other threads like this popping up and getting closed every time a new patch is released? Yeah. Assuming you're not a "huntard," you'll find a way to compete.

They specifically said that they're still monitoring DPS and tuning accordingly, which means that buffs along those lines may still be coming.

Any other issues that you want to act incredulous about?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Fuckers. That's how they have been handling hunter class since like vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    You were OP in PvP so they nerfed you. That's called "balancing."

They specifically said that they're still monitoring DPS and tuning accordingly, which means that buffs along those lines may still be coming.

Any other issues that you want to act incredulous about?
    Ok, hunters as a class weren't op. BM was OP in pvp. they changed bm to be less powerful in pvp, now what they need to do is buff hunter damage in PVE and make MM/sv more viable in pvp, like most hunters, and other class communites, want.

Will be switching mains from my hunter to my mage August 27th.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Will be switching mains from my hunter to my mage August 27th.
    So, instead of adapting and learning how to play with the new changes, you're giving up and playing another potential FOTM class?

That's fine, but it'll probably really piss you off when other hunters kill you.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

They need to make EVERY ABILITY IN THE GAME, do exactly what c smash does in pvp. That was they can balance it better because TONS of us give zero damn about the pvp aspect of this game. Make said ability do THIS in pvp, yet still do THIS in a pve environment. They think it's a complicated matter but if they would hire better people this game could get balanced better and increase subs.

Deleted
    From the encounters I've personally tested and the streams I've watched I have to wonder where all this "we're the lowest of the low" rage is coming from.

The biggest problem I see is that people consistently forget (perhaps on purpose) that we're a fully mobile ranged class with no movement penalties, that in itself is huge especially in the early stages of new tiers when everyone else has to correct their own placement methods to deal with new mechanics. It doesn't matter what gets thrown the Hunters way he/she can carry on chipping away.

I can't help but shake the feeling alot of the hostility around here comes from number crunching and sim surfing with very little actual hands on in the testing environment, you should give it a try the class actually feels very nice and comparing my own numbers against others I've been testing with (normals not flex) it feels very competent. Even if we're pushed low when people accustom to the new bosses and mechanics we'll likely just get a touch up with hotfixes again.

Nobody is going to lose raid spots over this. (Unless you have underlying conditions and they want rid of you anyway :P)

So, instead of adapting and learning how to play with the new changes, you're giving up and playing another potential FOTM class?

That's fine, but it'll probably really piss you off when other hunters kill you.
    I don't PvP.

The more you know.

Deleted
    Source?

/10char

I don't PvP.

The more you know.
    And going by the characters in his sig, neither does he.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    Source?

/10char
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/266658-please-update-the-status-of-hunters-on-ptr/

10+ Year Old Account

To me it sounds like he's changing to Mage for PvE reasons, not PvP. I don't blame him at all, Hunter is the only class I've ever played, and I'm starting to lean towards the idea of rerolling myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    great players learn to adapt and do great dps no matter what, bad players whine no matter what

But they're not much weaker on PTR so... More nerfs inc ?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

After 5-6 months of the release of patch 5.4 Blizzard says: "ok the hunter dps is not good, take 10% buff in aspect of the hawk."

I don't PvP.

The more you know.
    In that case, didn't the top mage DPS spec just get a heavy nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    To me it sounds like he's changing to Mage for PvE reasons, not PvP. I don't blame him at all, Hunter is the only class I've ever played, and I'm starting to lean towards the idea of rerolling myself.
    I just think it's funny, because the patch isn't even out yet and final balancing changes won't be known until it is... but, hey, plenty of people here aren't letting that stop them from throwing a tantrum!
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-08-19 at 07:51 PM.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Im not supprised tbh, been playing my hunter for 8 years now. And nothing have changed since.

Love how it looks like on official forums.

Over 300 pages of posts, heck, more, because there is more then 1 thread. Many, many voices rised, many proofs and attempts of logical approach to the problem. That our dps is medicore at most for the entire expansion and in 5.4 not only nothing is changed, hunters will be below the average in recount. And all that without any raidutility whatsoever. Pretty much a bunch of unhappy hunters, crowded like sardines in one place.

First response of any blue (after 300 posts of his particular thread) starts with "okay, I'll bite". Well, thats one big meal to bite, gotta admit.

I get that Blizzard should not always do everything players ask them. I know that no feedback is left unread, and those threads that seem ignored are taken into the account. But still, seeing so many voices asking for a buff (a buff or a change we actually need) left with the response of "damn, just stop, I know we asked you to test and give feedback, but shut up already"?

Well, since Blizzard claims that MM is viable, but were just not playing it well, I assume there is a secret button to do more dps in other specs as well.
    Last edited by Okacz; 2013-08-19 at 07:56 PM.

I just think it's funny, because the patch isn't even out yet and final balancing changes won't be known until it is... but, hey, plenty of people here aren't letting that stop them from throwing a tantrum!
    You're very gullible aren't you? You honestly think between now and August 27 hunters will receive proper PvE buffs? Lore already made it clear that they did all that they planned to do to compensate for the nerfs. Buffs most likely won't be received until weeks after 5.4 release and it'll prolly just be a hawk buff like always.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Love how it looks like on official forums.

Over 300 pages of posts, heck, more, because there is more then 1 thread. Many, many voices rised, many proofs and attempts of logical approach to the problem. That our dps is medicore at most for the entire expansion and in 5.4 not only nothing is changed, hunters will be below the average in recount. And all that without any raidutility whatsoever. Pretty much a bunch of unhappy hunters, crowded like sardines in one place.

First response of any blue (after 300 pages of his particular thread) starts with "okay, I'll bite". Well, thats one big meal to bite, gotta admit.

I get that Blizzard should not always do everything players ask them. I know that no feedback is left unread, and those threads that seem ignored are taken into the account. But still, seeing so many voices asking for a buff (a buff or a change we actually need) left with the response of "damn, just stop, I know we asked you to test and give feedback, but shut up already"?

Well, since Blizzard claims that MM is viable, but were just not playing it well, I assume there is a secret button to do more dps in other specs as well.
    I'm telling you man, blizz devs using that sporebat exploit.