Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    So again: you are as much a part of the toxic community just by replying in kind.

    and 2) you are as big a problem as you blame the rest of.
    Says the person who's doing his best to provoke an argument. Did I perhaps get your previous account on this forum banned before or where's that hostility coming from? It's not normal or healthy for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    1) every time you are proven wrong you change the subject (or never reply anymore)
    It's just smarter to stop replying to idiots and trolls because on this forum you get infractions faster from calling people idiots or trolls for a reason than actually being an idiot or a troll.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2013-08-20 at 09:11 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    So again: you are as much a part of the toxic community just by replying in kind. So stop all the high-and-mighty posts you make all the time, because 1) every time you are proven wrong you change the subject (or never reply anymore) and 2) you are as big a problem as you blame the rest of.
    There's only so much BS people can take before they get snippy.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    You're just wrong. Time for you to get some better arguments. Picking on my signature is not an example of a good arguments.

    And no, I'm not presenting opinions as facts. I'm presenting opinions as opinions. And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it isn't the tools.
    Well, didn't you say the tools are NOT the problem? Isn't that presented as a fact?
    And saying others lack arguments when you can't even prove that the tools are NOT the problem? Who's having a problem backing up the things he writes?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    There's only so much BS people can take before they get snippy.
    Well, only 2 posts it seems... Time for some anger management training.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Says the person who's doing his best to provoke an argument. Did I perhaps get your previous account on this forum banned before or where's that hostility coming from? It's not normal or healthy for sure.

    It's just smarter to stop replying to idiots and trolls because on this forum you get infractions faster from calling people idiots or trolls for a reason than actually being an idiot or a troll.
    Lol, see how you change the subject to my supposed hostility... and see that you claim everyone that has a different opinion than yours is an idiot?

  4. #164
    Scarab Lord Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    4,245
    2) Daily Heroic Scenario
    3) Daily Heroic Dungeon
    4) Battlefield Barrens weekly
    5) An LFR or two
    6) Rinse and repeat.
    Umm ok. So you do the most boring of all contents and then complain that there is no excitement?
    Jaylock, your other threads at least had sparked interesting thoughts. This just seems like a lame trollbait to me.

    But I'll humor you:
    -Login on Wednesday (EU)
    -Pick up a few buddys and chainrun HC-Scenarios till valor cap. (Takes about an hour)
    Bucket list completed.

    After that: Do heroic raids with your guild and enjoy the excitement of hard mean bad guys stomping you repeatedly until you make them eat dust and lick your boots. ... Or hooves in my case, though few bosses are lucky enough to be granted that honor. :P

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  5. #165
    Oh god, Jaylock again.

    Is it really that surprising that you find something you've been doing for years not that exciting? If you don't like it just stop playing instead of starting another thread that isn't going anywhere.

  6. #166
    Honestly speaking i dont know why i play WoW. I sorta just AFK in Shrine or SW....hmmm...time to quit.

  7. #167
    Over 9000! Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    9,071
    It boggles my mind why people play if they find it so dull, I've been leveling battle pets all day in preparation of the celestial tournament..I'm terrified :P I think you just need to do what you enjoy rather than trying to find reasons to play 0o

  8. #168
    As a general and only half on-topic comment; People really need to learn when to quit, and also need to learn that they are unique and everyone is not like them.

  9. #169
    Scarab Lord Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    4,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    It boggles my mind why people play if they find it so dull, I've been leveling battle pets all day in preparation of the celestial tournament..I'm terrified :P
    Dang it, I knew I had forgotten something. Oh well, guess the pets will still be there in 5.4.^^
    But seriously, is that activity really fun for you?

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  10. #170
    Over 9000! Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    9,071
    But seriously, is that activity really fun for you?
    I have over 519 unique pets..I'm slightly addicted :S

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Well, didn't you say the tools are NOT the problem? Isn't that presented as a fact?
    And saying others lack arguments when you can't even prove that the tools are NOT the problem? Who's having a problem backing up the things he writes
    When I use the term fact in something I wrote, you'll know it's not just my opinion. Until then, I'm not going to preface every effing post with IMO to satisfy people who should know that pretty much anything people post here is opinion. But the reality is that all opinions are not created equally. Opinions supported by logic and common sense are more reasonable than those that are simply things people pull out of their rear ends.

    As far as tools or people is concerned, it doesn't take a super genius to come to the conclusion that since LFR works just fine for most people that the problem is -not- LFR. You can argue all day about it being the tools, but basic, simple logic does not support that conclusion. Logically, it is NOT the tools. But I guess using your logic, if someone takes a hammer and kills someone, then it's clearly the fault of the hammer, not the nutter who used it as a murder weapon.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

  12. #172
    Why play the game if you see it boring?
    Last edited by Porovan; 2013-08-20 at 09:49 PM.

  13. #173
    Brewmaster cyqu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where the pros reside
    Posts
    1,311
    why do you still play the game then?
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Lol, see how you change the subject to my supposed hostility...
    I'm giving my honest opinion on people and their ideas, some might see it as being an asshole. In most cases it's "truth hurts", sometimes I'm just being an asshole and replying to other assholes in kind. I'm not denying that.

    But how about your hostility, what's your excuse? What's your qualification for calling who are bad for the community when your posts are somewhere between personal insults and blackmail?

    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    and see that you claim everyone that has a different opinion than yours is an idiot?
    Nope. Opinions aren't good or bad. Idiots are the people doing wild exaggerations and refusing to accept they're looking at things with thick nostalgia goggles. It's the emotional responses presented as absolute truths that I'm attacking, not anybody's right to have informed and well-rounded opinion.

    Like for example most of the goodwill towards old content of WoW is based on emotions you felt first time around. The joy and excitement of discovery, not the objective analysis of how the game mechanically worked or didn't work. If you can't separate your feelings from the objective analysis at all it's just nostalgia.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2013-08-20 at 10:00 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

  15. #175
    Scarab Lord Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    4,245
    I have over 519 unique pets..I'm slightly addicted :S
    A minor case, don't worry too much about it.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  16. #176
    I've already found your problem OP and I stopped reading there;
    You're running LFR and not actually doing anything on your end to make the game exciting.

    How about you actually do something more than super easy mode that actually challenges you if you're so "bored".

    -- Signature by /the/ Crazytaco --

  17. #177
    Scarab Lord Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    4,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    How about you actually do something more than super easy mode that actually challenges you if you're so "bored".
    He doesn't even play anymore. He just likes to bash.
    At this point I think it is safe to ignore his threads.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I was just thinking about this the other day, and I reflected on why WoW lacks excitement currently. Its not because the downtime between patch cycles, but it stems from a much greater problem than that.

    WoW has become a bucket list. Now hear me out on this. The game is essentially played by creating a bucket list and following that list.

    1) Login.

    Goal: Cap valor asap and continue to do so on other characters

    2) Daily Heroic Scenario
    3) Daily Heroic Dungeon
    4) Battlefield Barrens weekly
    5) An LFR or two
    6) Rinse and repeat.

    Notice the only thing getting the player out in the world is the barrens weekly quest. Everything else is queued for. Its just not exciting. And after one week of the barrens quest, it gets old, especially when its done on other characters.

    Where is the excitement of logging in, and then figuring out in game what you wanted to do for the day? There are no more goals that are actually worthy of time and effort other than heroic raiding, and even that becomes dull because you essentially fought the same boss with some ability bloat to create difficulty.

    Now contrast that to an epic quest chain like the Onyxia quest line (for Alliance). There were several steps, and accomplishing each step just to gain access to that raid boss felt like you were gaining ground. You got gear along the way inevitably as you went through BRD and other dungeons. The player felt like a part of the quest. Or the quest chain that gave access to the Black Temple. Each step in the quest felt amazing because you saw how your accomplishments opened new parts of the game for you to explore. Now, the legendary quest chain is just another bucket list type quest chain. Its too carved out in stone, and feels generic.

    TL;DR

    WoW lacks excitement because the developers made the decision to create such a simple bucket list type system, with generic quests, and overly simple dungeon / raid design.

    In other words, the game is great in the gameplay department, but lags behind in the excitement factor.
    So basically (adding in your "People still play WoW?" signature) you're here to convince us all what a good idea is was for you to quit?

    Bravo, you quit because it didn't excite you. Now it's time to move on dear. You don't need to convince everyone of what a great decision you made. You don't need to pass your opinion along as fact, and try and convince us that there is something wrong with us because we're running counter to those "facts".

    I like playing the game. I have fun playing it. I have 4 90s, of which I actively raid on 1 of them (healer), keep 1 other up on valor (I rarely cap on any toon in the last month or so) (pure DPS), and pull in the other two when alts are needed (tank and a second healer when the first is saved to an instance and our other raid group needs help).

    My wife has 1 main (and has always only had 1 main) at 90. We're leveling a couple of pandaren alts. We're having a blast doing it.

    I find it exciting. I find it fun.

    Now time to move on deary. No reason to keep dragging us through your WoW withdrawal.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Umm ok. So you do the most boring of all contents and then complain that there is no excitement?
    Jaylock, your other threads at least had sparked interesting thoughts. This just seems like a lame trollbait to me.

    But I'll humor you:
    -Login on Wednesday (EU)
    -Pick up a few buddys and chainrun HC-Scenarios till valor cap. (Takes about an hour)
    Bucket list completed.

    After that: Do heroic raids with your guild and enjoy the excitement of hard mean bad guys stomping you repeatedly until you make them eat dust and lick your boots. ... Or hooves in my case, though few bosses are lucky enough to be granted that honor. :P
    So your bucket list is two things... and killing the same bosses with more health and ability bloat...

    Thats what im talking about how it lacks excitement. You do the same two things over and over, the game no longer has interesting quest lines, story development, or any interesting characters anymore. The depth of the main baddie Garrosh is just plain pathetic. Compare him to the intrigue and quest line leading up to Lady Prestor who turned out to be Onyxia.
    It is my humble opinion that TBC was the most entertaining expansion.
    The Fonz wants you to smile.

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So your bucket list is two things... and killing the same bosses with more health and ability bloat...

    Thats what im talking about how it lacks excitement. You do the same two things over and over, the game no longer has interesting quest lines, story development, or any interesting characters anymore. The depth of the main baddie Garrosh is just plain pathetic. Compare him to the intrigue and quest line leading up to Lady Prestor who turned out to be Onyxia.
    Is there a point somewhere? That guy likes the game. Don't shit on what he likes.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •