Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    why do you still play the game then?
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Lol, see how you change the subject to my supposed hostility...
    I'm giving my honest opinion on people and their ideas, some might see it as being an asshole. In most cases it's "truth hurts", sometimes I'm just being an asshole and replying to other assholes in kind. I'm not denying that.

But how about your hostility, what's your excuse? What's your qualification for calling who are bad for the community when your posts are somewhere between personal insults and blackmail?

and see that you claim everyone that has a different opinion than yours is an idiot?
    Nope. Opinions aren't good or bad. Idiots are the people doing wild exaggerations and refusing to accept they're looking at things with thick nostalgia goggles. It's the emotional responses presented as absolute truths that I'm attacking, not anybody's right to have informed and well-rounded opinion.

Like for example most of the goodwill towards old content of WoW is based on emotions you felt first time around. The joy and excitement of discovery, not the objective analysis of how the game mechanically worked or didn't work. If you can't separate your feelings from the objective analysis at all it's just nostalgia.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2013-08-20 at 10:00 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have over 519 unique pets..I'm slightly addicted :S
    A minor case, don't worry too much about it.

I've already found your problem OP and I stopped reading there;
    You're running LFR and not actually doing anything on your end to make the game exciting.

How about you actually do something more than super easy mode that actually challenges you if you're so "bored".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    How about you actually do something more than super easy mode that actually challenges you if you're so "bored".
    He doesn't even play anymore. He just likes to bash.
    At this point I think it is safe to ignore his threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I was just thinking about this the other day, and I reflected on why WoW lacks excitement currently. Its not because the downtime between patch cycles, but it stems from a much greater problem than that.

WoW has become a bucket list. Now hear me out on this. The game is essentially played by creating a bucket list and following that list.

1) Login.

Goal: Cap valor asap and continue to do so on other characters

2) Daily Heroic Scenario
    3) Daily Heroic Dungeon
    4) Battlefield Barrens weekly
    5) An LFR or two
    6) Rinse and repeat.

Notice the only thing getting the player out in the world is the barrens weekly quest. Everything else is queued for. Its just not exciting. And after one week of the barrens quest, it gets old, especially when its done on other characters.

Where is the excitement of logging in, and then figuring out in game what you wanted to do for the day? There are no more goals that are actually worthy of time and effort other than heroic raiding, and even that becomes dull because you essentially fought the same boss with some ability bloat to create difficulty.

Now contrast that to an epic quest chain like the Onyxia quest line (for Alliance). There were several steps, and accomplishing each step just to gain access to that raid boss felt like you were gaining ground. You got gear along the way inevitably as you went through BRD and other dungeons. The player felt like a part of the quest. Or the quest chain that gave access to the Black Temple. Each step in the quest felt amazing because you saw how your accomplishments opened new parts of the game for you to explore. Now, the legendary quest chain is just another bucket list type quest chain. Its too carved out in stone, and feels generic.

TL;DR

WoW lacks excitement because the developers made the decision to create such a simple bucket list type system, with generic quests, and overly simple dungeon / raid design.

In other words, the game is great in the gameplay department, but lags behind in the excitement factor.
    So basically (adding in your "People still play WoW?" signature) you're here to convince us all what a good idea is was for you to quit?

Bravo, you quit because it didn't excite you. Now it's time to move on dear. You don't need to convince everyone of what a great decision you made. You don't need to pass your opinion along as fact, and try and convince us that there is something wrong with us because we're running counter to those "facts".

I like playing the game. I have fun playing it. I have 4 90s, of which I actively raid on 1 of them (healer), keep 1 other up on valor (I rarely cap on any toon in the last month or so) (pure DPS), and pull in the other two when alts are needed (tank and a second healer when the first is saved to an instance and our other raid group needs help).

My wife has 1 main (and has always only had 1 main) at 90. We're leveling a couple of pandaren alts. We're having a blast doing it.

I find it exciting. I find it fun.

Now time to move on deary. No reason to keep dragging us through your WoW withdrawal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Umm ok. So you do the most boring of all contents and then complain that there is no excitement?
    Jaylock, your other threads at least had sparked interesting thoughts. This just seems like a lame trollbait to me.

But I'll humor you:
    -Login on Wednesday (EU)
    -Pick up a few buddys and chainrun HC-Scenarios till valor cap. (Takes about an hour)
    Bucket list completed.

After that: Do heroic raids with your guild and enjoy the excitement of hard mean bad guys stomping you repeatedly until you make them eat dust and lick your boots. ... Or hooves in my case, though few bosses are lucky enough to be granted that honor. :P
    So your bucket list is two things... and killing the same bosses with more health and ability bloat...

Thats what im talking about how it lacks excitement. You do the same two things over and over, the game no longer has interesting quest lines, story development, or any interesting characters anymore. The depth of the main baddie Garrosh is just plain pathetic. Compare him to the intrigue and quest line leading up to Lady Prestor who turned out to be Onyxia.

So your bucket list is two things... and killing the same bosses with more health and ability bloat...

Thats what im talking about how it lacks excitement. You do the same two things over and over, the game no longer has interesting quest lines, story development, or any interesting characters anymore. The depth of the main baddie Garrosh is just plain pathetic. Compare him to the intrigue and quest line leading up to Lady Prestor who turned out to be Onyxia.
    Is there a point somewhere? That guy likes the game. Don't shit on what he likes.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

15+ Year Old Account

That has always been what WoW has been about though. Vanilla was all about doing the same stuff over and over. Nothing has changed because raiding the same thing until the new thing comes out has existed for the entirety of the existence of WoW. I also fail to see how one quest line that has you doing random things is more intriguing and deep then an entire expansions worth of story, lore, scenarios and quests showing how and why Garrosh has become the bad guy.

The game has more interesting quest lines then Vanilla ever had. It has more story development, and it certainly has interesting characters. The problem is you don't seem to find any of those to be true but they certainly do exist as truths of the current game. Perception is a wonderful thing and it seems to be coloring you into the position that Vanilla is greater then everything when in reality Vanilla wasn't all that great.

And if Vanilla WoW existed in the market of today it would be a failure and have even more criticism then the current content.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the excitement of logging in, and then figuring out in game what you wanted to do for the day? There are no more goals that are actually worthy of time and effort other than heroic raiding, and even that becomes dull because you essentially fought the same boss with some ability bloat to create difficulty. Its too carved out in stone, and feels generic.

TL;DR

WoW lacks excitement because the developers made the decision to create such a simple bucket list type system, with generic quests, and overly simple dungeon / raid design.

In other words, the game is great in the gameplay department, but lags behind in the excitement factor.
    ...and I can't get a hard on anymore when I am playing WoW. What is up with that?

It used to just spring up like a startled weasel, but now it just dangles like a wet spider web on a frosty morning.

It is all the Devs fault. I used to find new things exciting, but now after repeating the same motions for millions of times, I find I dont have the same enthusiasm as a did before.

I WANT MY CONSTANT PRIAPISM BACK!

10+ Year Old Account

As the baby with the Minigun already pointed out: WoW was always about "do the same every week, until a new patch hits then do the same with a different skin attached".

It's the raiding gameplay I like and Blizzard always improved upon a formula that worked well so far.

As far as storyline goes:
    - All TBC bosses except Kil Jaeden had pitiful reasons to even BE a raidboss. Vasjh was mean, Illidan and Kael'thas went "wonko" due to fel energy exposure, Gruul was .. um Gruul and Maggi was just there.
    - Arthas had the advantage of a massive lead in with Warcraft III, but Blizzard didn't develop him much in WoW.
    - Deaf-wing was .. um... absent till El-Thrallo wanted to laser him with the "gold-saucer of awesome"™.

I really don't think that MoP or Garrosh stand out in any was as being "more bland/less developed" that the lions share of all past raid bosses. If anything, Garrosh is the one character that has gotten the most development within the game, albeit sadly to say, 90% of that are horde only quests and alliance can just guess about why he is so grumpy.

It used to just spring up like a startled weasel, but now it just dangles like a wet spider web on a frosty morning.
    Dear Lord, get that image out of my head... NOW!
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-08-20 at 11:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Dear Lord, get that image out of my head... NOW!
    No!

Before....

Now....

Quote Originally Posted by sanaubia View Post
    in tbc you also had world bosses, world pvp, decent competition in arena(and ofc arena was new) and pve was actually challenging and worth doing
    Are you seriously implying Mop doesn't have that? When was the last time you played? 2006?

You are obviously not in a guild then.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    I give you a reading comprehension score of 0. I said WoW has arcade elements.
    And I questioned your comprehension of the word arcade. I read what you posted just fine thank you very much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    And your completely ignoring the amount of time people put into the game.

Are you extremely casual by any chance?.
    That has what to do with anything? Preferred play style has zero bearing on the content available in game. The simple fact of the matter is, love it or hate, Mop has more to do than any previous expansion and yes that is a fact and isn't something up for debate.

- - - Updated - - -

Theres still alot of things but it doesnt mean they are good.
    I hear different people like different things. Still has no bearing on the amount of things to do in game now compared to previous expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    The world and the classes themselves have been boiled down to stats and ability buttons and cast bars. There's no wonder or excitement. You don't see your character as a character in the world anymore, you see it as their ability buttons, their rotation, their stats, etc.
    Wow has always been like this for anyone doing any sort of progression content whether it is pve or pvp. What's your point? This has nothing to do with the amount of things to do in game. Do you people even bother reading the threads you whine in or do you just copy paste the same nonsense over and over and hope it applies?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tobizzhere View Post
    Every single thing you mention was most likely done more than 6 months ago by most characters. How many times can you kill the same rares, I assume by looking for random BoA weapons i can only assume you mean Relic Hunter items.. also done months ago by most people, most pertinent professions are maxed, umm going to gear vendors? what ever do you mean by THAT? and how does doing any of those things add "excitement"

MoP is filled with tedious after tedious activities week in week out. Farming for food .. repeating world bosses on as many toons as possible for mounts which have a ridiculously low drop rate, WoW is filled with monotonous repetitive activity, and by its nature this game and most MMOs are repetitive with long term "grinding goals/achievements" in mind.

I love WoW but have become convinced that this love of WoW is left over from when it was still new and exciting to me. For me I started in BÇ and by now the bloom is off the rose on these repetitive activities. But that is me. The only reason i even bother to respond is the bizarre collections of reasons you chose to be considered as exciting in some way. it baffles me.
    And yet doesn't take away from the fact there is more to do now than any previous expansion. I'm sorry but you can't just pretend ths content doesn't exist when bitching there isn't anything to do. Also I highly highly doubt many people have done EVERYTHING available in Mop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Ah. It's very obvious how ... inexperienced you are with the MMO genre.

The smallest mainstream example from the top of my head would be a Tale in the Desert, an MMO without any combat, but with a focus on architecture, art, building, crafting, politics and economy. It always had somewhere between 500 to 1500 subscribers and the next chapter is supposed to start early 2014. Honestly, it's but one of a large number of small MMOs like that with very tightknit communities. Funny thing is that those games often even feel more active alive and busy than the average WoW realm.
    That is because the Wow community expects Blizzard to build and maintain their communities for them. It isn't a game design flaw. It is laziness pure and simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skutch View Post
    Too many factions to grind from dalies, tying JP/Valor gear and rep together was a failure. Basically a time sink put in place by Blizz to make up for lack of dungeons and content.
    Except the complaint was that there was too much to do in addition to the dailies not that the dailies were supposedly hiding a lack of content. There was no lack of content in Mop, not even close.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    They dumbed down the game for casuals. And millions quit their easy, boring, repetitive game.
    And thankfully it seems as though it is mostly arrogant condescending elitist jackasses that are the ones leaving the game. Good for Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh behave, you cant just pluck that figure out of thin air. Regardless what 7m people say Blizzard would still have changed it. It was them that suggested people should see content and not the other way around. If the game was left to the same TBC difficulty, we would still have the same amount of subs coming and going.

I dont have any recollection of any mass protests of the game difficulty back then.
    Thin air? It is documented FACT that the game has 7 million players. I know people like to believe otherwise but it would be a felony for Blizzard to lie to shareholders. If they wanted to hide subscription numbers from their investors they would simply not mention them at all. Just because you aren't happy with the game doesn't make your issues with the game objective fact nor does it mean they are everyone else's issues. People don't pay for products they hate (in the real world I mean). For some reason on these forums people willingly hand over money to companies they hate just so they can bitch about it endlessly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Although this isn't the first thread to discuss this, from my PoV the OP is absolutely right and explains one of the reason why I left WoW.
    At a certain point endgame was just like:
    Cap Valor, 1 HC scen, 1 random HC, 1 Raid a week, Dailies.
    It's just so fucking lame and knowing that you play the endgame to get some badges isn't exicting at all, and
    since the 'epic feeling' of discovering WoW has abandoned me long ago the valor grind becomes even more obvious.
    Implying people weren't grinding badges in TBC which is the expansion they were first implemented in. Are you fucking kidding me?

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of players just log in because they think they have invested too much in this game, or are afraid they will lack the social contact when not playing. Even a bigger part of the playerbase doesn't even form an opinion about what's good or bad in the game.

And here you contradict all your previous posts about TBC. You always claim there was a very small percentage of the players raiding in TBC, and now you go on about MASS protests?

Funny how you always tell that people should be more coherent/consequent in the things they say, but at the same time you do that yourself. Aside from all the negative things you say to/about people. But hey, I once played on the same server and even in the same guild and even then people (including me) found you to be an obnoxious asshole...
    Who are you to speak for others? How do you know people aren't forming opinions of the game? Are you saying they are all a bunch of emotionless automatons who play out of habit? These threads just get more and more insulting and stupid by the day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The playerbase gets exactly the game they ask for.

- - - Updated - - -

Not only is it probably not even that high now (as well as many players being counted that don't actually have monthly sub fees), the more important, and currently undisclosed figure would be 'active players'.
    Sorry but it is irrelevant where subscribers live, why they pay, why they play, if they play, how they pay, how much theypay, how many accounts they own, or any other such nonsense used in an attempt to trivialize Wow's subscription numbers. Paying subscriptions are paying subscriptions and that is all that matters to the shareholders and that is who the intended audience of those numbers are not armchair developers or armchair investors. I find it absolutely hilarious that you people keep saying amount of subscriptions doesn't make a game good but seem to have no problem using those same numbers to slam Wow and Blizzard. Absolutely pathetic and ignorant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Exactly the point. The world doesn't work that way. Guns -do- kill people. It just seems some americans need to witness a hundred school shootings first before they can come to terms with that.
    So now you resort to bashing other countries when faced with logic you can't bullshit your way out of?

- - - Updated - - -

So it is not the tools? People didn't want a mandatory RealID. Guess that would change the behavior of most the toxic players a lot. Same with Cross Realm LFD/LFR. Both are "tools" Blizzard could have (not) implemented. Even you behave different in WoW and the forums than in real life, maybe i should link some personal information about you incl. screenshots. Then you can stop blaming others, because you are just as big a part of the toxic community.
    People act like jerks offline as well. I think society as a whole has degraded to a point where many don't fear consequences even in real life situations. Anyone who works customer service can tell you that many don't have a problem being an asshole right to your face.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reufio View Post
    "Why I quit" threads are not allowed. If you make a thread about WoW lacking excitement and then espouse that this is why you quit, then you are breaking forum rules.
    And not surprisingly the mods are letting him get away with it yet again just as I predicted. It is rather shameful really. Rules on this site only seem to be enforced if someone says something contrary to whatever agenda the mods are currently pushing.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe take your own signature at heart: you've been spouting all kinds of opinions presented as facts... The problem IS the tools.
    No the problem is the worst of the worst of this community who do nothing but bitch about the community don't seem to realize THEY are the problem and scapegoating a few lines of code only perpetuates that behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

So again: you are as much a part of the toxic community just by replying in kind. So stop all the high-and-mighty posts you make all the time, because 1) every time you are proven wrong you change the subject (or never reply anymore) and 2) you are as big a problem as you blame the rest of.
    You are aware you have been flat out harassing him this entire thread right? Get off your high horse.

- - - Updated - - -

Dang it, I knew I had forgotten something. Oh well, guess the pets will still be there in 5.4.^^
    But seriously, is that activity really fun for you?
    I know this is difficult to comprehend but different people like different things. Even more shocking is the fact most normal sane people don't sit around playing a game they hate.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you claiming people weren't killing the same raid bosses in Vanilla over and over for months on end? Really?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    In TBC it was:

-get attuned
    - do raids
    - get exalted

What exactly changed?
    We had world pvp, pugs, you had to make your own groups for dungeons which toke a bit of effort to a) clear , b) keep the group together.

Arena was exciting because it was new by then too.

Yes WoW lacks excitement, and that's not going to change. Its never going back to the "olden days", this is a dead horse. Its done, over, is what it is, what you see is what you get. Sorry but after years of development lethargy, do you really think anything will ever go back to early WoW status? You'll have to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Yes WoW lacks excitement, and that's not going to change. Its never going back to the "olden days", this is a dead horse. Its done, over, is what it is, what you see is what you get. Sorry but after years of development lethargy, do you really think anything will ever go back to early WoW status? You'll have to move on.
    True, but the memories of good old days remain. Since I heard about the Dark Below, I have been excited about the "possibility" of WoW becoming exciting again.