Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
  1. #181
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So your bucket list is two things... and killing the same bosses with more health and ability bloat...

    Thats what im talking about how it lacks excitement. You do the same two things over and over, the game no longer has interesting quest lines, story development, or any interesting characters anymore. The depth of the main baddie Garrosh is just plain pathetic. Compare him to the intrigue and quest line leading up to Lady Prestor who turned out to be Onyxia.
    That has always been what WoW has been about though. Vanilla was all about doing the same stuff over and over. Nothing has changed because raiding the same thing until the new thing comes out has existed for the entirety of the existence of WoW. I also fail to see how one quest line that has you doing random things is more intriguing and deep then an entire expansions worth of story, lore, scenarios and quests showing how and why Garrosh has become the bad guy.

    The game has more interesting quest lines then Vanilla ever had. It has more story development, and it certainly has interesting characters. The problem is you don't seem to find any of those to be true but they certainly do exist as truths of the current game. Perception is a wonderful thing and it seems to be coloring you into the position that Vanilla is greater then everything when in reality Vanilla wasn't all that great.

    And if Vanilla WoW existed in the market of today it would be a failure and have even more criticism then the current content.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  2. #182
    Dreadlord Themerlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the empty cookie jar.
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Where is the excitement of logging in, and then figuring out in game what you wanted to do for the day? There are no more goals that are actually worthy of time and effort other than heroic raiding, and even that becomes dull because you essentially fought the same boss with some ability bloat to create difficulty. Its too carved out in stone, and feels generic.

    TL;DR

    WoW lacks excitement because the developers made the decision to create such a simple bucket list type system, with generic quests, and overly simple dungeon / raid design.

    In other words, the game is great in the gameplay department, but lags behind in the excitement factor.
    ...and I can't get a hard on anymore when I am playing WoW. What is up with that?

    It used to just spring up like a startled weasel, but now it just dangles like a wet spider web on a frosty morning.

    It is all the Devs fault. I used to find new things exciting, but now after repeating the same motions for millions of times, I find I dont have the same enthusiasm as a did before.

    I WANT MY CONSTANT PRIAPISM BACK!

  3. #183
    Legendary! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    6,114
    So your bucket list is two things... and killing the same bosses with more health and ability bloat...

    Thats what im talking about how it lacks excitement. You do the same two things over and over, the game no longer has interesting quest lines, story development, or any interesting characters anymore. The depth of the main baddie Garrosh is just plain pathetic. Compare him to the intrigue and quest line leading up to Lady Prestor who turned out to be Onyxia.
    As the baby with the Minigun already pointed out: WoW was always about "do the same every week, until a new patch hits then do the same with a different skin attached".

    It's the raiding gameplay I like and Blizzard always improved upon a formula that worked well so far.

    As far as storyline goes:
    - All TBC bosses except Kil Jaeden had pitiful reasons to even BE a raidboss. Vasjh was mean, Illidan and Kael'thas went "wonko" due to fel energy exposure, Gruul was .. um Gruul and Maggi was just there.
    - Arthas had the advantage of a massive lead in with Warcraft III, but Blizzard didn't develop him much in WoW.
    - Deaf-wing was .. um... absent till El-Thrallo wanted to laser him with the "gold-saucer of awesome"™.

    I really don't think that MoP or Garrosh stand out in any was as being "more bland/less developed" that the lions share of all past raid bosses. If anything, Garrosh is the one character that has gotten the most development within the game, albeit sadly to say, 90% of that are horde only quests and alliance can just guess about why he is so grumpy.

    It used to just spring up like a startled weasel, but now it just dangles like a wet spider web on a frosty morning.
    Dear Lord, get that image out of my head... NOW!
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-08-20 at 11:15 PM.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  4. #184
    Dreadlord Themerlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the empty cookie jar.
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

    Dear Lord, get that image out of my head... NOW!
    No!

    Before....


    Now....

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by sanaubia View Post
    in tbc you also had world bosses, world pvp, decent competition in arena(and ofc arena was new) and pve was actually challenging and worth doing
    Are you seriously implying Mop doesn't have that? When was the last time you played? 2006?

  6. #186
    You are obviously not in a guild then.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    I give you a reading comprehension score of 0. I said WoW has arcade elements.
    And I questioned your comprehension of the word arcade. I read what you posted just fine thank you very much.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    And your completely ignoring the amount of time people put into the game.

    Are you extremely casual by any chance?.
    That has what to do with anything? Preferred play style has zero bearing on the content available in game. The simple fact of the matter is, love it or hate, Mop has more to do than any previous expansion and yes that is a fact and isn't something up for debate.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Theres still alot of things but it doesnt mean they are good.
    I hear different people like different things. Still has no bearing on the amount of things to do in game now compared to previous expansions.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    The world and the classes themselves have been boiled down to stats and ability buttons and cast bars. There's no wonder or excitement. You don't see your character as a character in the world anymore, you see it as their ability buttons, their rotation, their stats, etc.
    Wow has always been like this for anyone doing any sort of progression content whether it is pve or pvp. What's your point? This has nothing to do with the amount of things to do in game. Do you people even bother reading the threads you whine in or do you just copy paste the same nonsense over and over and hope it applies?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobizzhere View Post
    Every single thing you mention was most likely done more than 6 months ago by most characters. How many times can you kill the same rares, I assume by looking for random BoA weapons i can only assume you mean Relic Hunter items.. also done months ago by most people, most pertinent professions are maxed, umm going to gear vendors? what ever do you mean by THAT? and how does doing any of those things add "excitement"

    MoP is filled with tedious after tedious activities week in week out. Farming for food .. repeating world bosses on as many toons as possible for mounts which have a ridiculously low drop rate, WoW is filled with monotonous repetitive activity, and by its nature this game and most MMOs are repetitive with long term "grinding goals/achievements" in mind.

    I love WoW but have become convinced that this love of WoW is left over from when it was still new and exciting to me. For me I started in BÇ and by now the bloom is off the rose on these repetitive activities. But that is me. The only reason i even bother to respond is the bizarre collections of reasons you chose to be considered as exciting in some way. it baffles me.
    And yet doesn't take away from the fact there is more to do now than any previous expansion. I'm sorry but you can't just pretend ths content doesn't exist when bitching there isn't anything to do. Also I highly highly doubt many people have done EVERYTHING available in Mop.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Ah. It's very obvious how ... inexperienced you are with the MMO genre.

    The smallest mainstream example from the top of my head would be a Tale in the Desert, an MMO without any combat, but with a focus on architecture, art, building, crafting, politics and economy. It always had somewhere between 500 to 1500 subscribers and the next chapter is supposed to start early 2014. Honestly, it's but one of a large number of small MMOs like that with very tightknit communities. Funny thing is that those games often even feel more active alive and busy than the average WoW realm.
    That is because the Wow community expects Blizzard to build and maintain their communities for them. It isn't a game design flaw. It is laziness pure and simple.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Skutch View Post
    Too many factions to grind from dalies, tying JP/Valor gear and rep together was a failure. Basically a time sink put in place by Blizz to make up for lack of dungeons and content.
    Except the complaint was that there was too much to do in addition to the dailies not that the dailies were supposedly hiding a lack of content. There was no lack of content in Mop, not even close.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    They dumbed down the game for casuals. And millions quit their easy, boring, repetitive game.
    And thankfully it seems as though it is mostly arrogant condescending elitist jackasses that are the ones leaving the game. Good for Blizzard.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Oh behave, you cant just pluck that figure out of thin air. Regardless what 7m people say Blizzard would still have changed it. It was them that suggested people should see content and not the other way around. If the game was left to the same TBC difficulty, we would still have the same amount of subs coming and going.

    I dont have any recollection of any mass protests of the game difficulty back then.
    Thin air? It is documented FACT that the game has 7 million players. I know people like to believe otherwise but it would be a felony for Blizzard to lie to shareholders. If they wanted to hide subscription numbers from their investors they would simply not mention them at all. Just because you aren't happy with the game doesn't make your issues with the game objective fact nor does it mean they are everyone else's issues. People don't pay for products they hate (in the real world I mean). For some reason on these forums people willingly hand over money to companies they hate just so they can bitch about it endlessly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Although this isn't the first thread to discuss this, from my PoV the OP is absolutely right and explains one of the reason why I left WoW.
    At a certain point endgame was just like:
    Cap Valor, 1 HC scen, 1 random HC, 1 Raid a week, Dailies.
    It's just so fucking lame and knowing that you play the endgame to get some badges isn't exicting at all, and
    since the 'epic feeling' of discovering WoW has abandoned me long ago the valor grind becomes even more obvious.
    Implying people weren't grinding badges in TBC which is the expansion they were first implemented in. Are you fucking kidding me?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    A lot of players just log in because they think they have invested too much in this game, or are afraid they will lack the social contact when not playing. Even a bigger part of the playerbase doesn't even form an opinion about what's good or bad in the game.




    And here you contradict all your previous posts about TBC. You always claim there was a very small percentage of the players raiding in TBC, and now you go on about MASS protests?

    Funny how you always tell that people should be more coherent/consequent in the things they say, but at the same time you do that yourself. Aside from all the negative things you say to/about people. But hey, I once played on the same server and even in the same guild and even then people (including me) found you to be an obnoxious asshole...
    Who are you to speak for others? How do you know people aren't forming opinions of the game? Are you saying they are all a bunch of emotionless automatons who play out of habit? These threads just get more and more insulting and stupid by the day.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The playerbase gets exactly the game they ask for.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Not only is it probably not even that high now (as well as many players being counted that don't actually have monthly sub fees), the more important, and currently undisclosed figure would be 'active players'.
    Sorry but it is irrelevant where subscribers live, why they pay, why they play, if they play, how they pay, how much theypay, how many accounts they own, or any other such nonsense used in an attempt to trivialize Wow's subscription numbers. Paying subscriptions are paying subscriptions and that is all that matters to the shareholders and that is who the intended audience of those numbers are not armchair developers or armchair investors. I find it absolutely hilarious that you people keep saying amount of subscriptions doesn't make a game good but seem to have no problem using those same numbers to slam Wow and Blizzard. Absolutely pathetic and ignorant.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Exactly the point. The world doesn't work that way. Guns -do- kill people. It just seems some americans need to witness a hundred school shootings first before they can come to terms with that.
    So now you resort to bashing other countries when faced with logic you can't bullshit your way out of?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    So it is not the tools? People didn't want a mandatory RealID. Guess that would change the behavior of most the toxic players a lot. Same with Cross Realm LFD/LFR. Both are "tools" Blizzard could have (not) implemented. Even you behave different in WoW and the forums than in real life, maybe i should link some personal information about you incl. screenshots. Then you can stop blaming others, because you are just as big a part of the toxic community.
    People act like jerks offline as well. I think society as a whole has degraded to a point where many don't fear consequences even in real life situations. Anyone who works customer service can tell you that many don't have a problem being an asshole right to your face.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Reufio View Post
    "Why I quit" threads are not allowed. If you make a thread about WoW lacking excitement and then espouse that this is why you quit, then you are breaking forum rules.
    And not surprisingly the mods are letting him get away with it yet again just as I predicted. It is rather shameful really. Rules on this site only seem to be enforced if someone says something contrary to whatever agenda the mods are currently pushing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Maybe take your own signature at heart: you've been spouting all kinds of opinions presented as facts... The problem IS the tools.
    No the problem is the worst of the worst of this community who do nothing but bitch about the community don't seem to realize THEY are the problem and scapegoating a few lines of code only perpetuates that behavior.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    So again: you are as much a part of the toxic community just by replying in kind. So stop all the high-and-mighty posts you make all the time, because 1) every time you are proven wrong you change the subject (or never reply anymore) and 2) you are as big a problem as you blame the rest of.
    You are aware you have been flat out harassing him this entire thread right? Get off your high horse.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Dang it, I knew I had forgotten something. Oh well, guess the pets will still be there in 5.4.^^
    But seriously, is that activity really fun for you?
    I know this is difficult to comprehend but different people like different things. Even more shocking is the fact most normal sane people don't sit around playing a game they hate.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So your bucket list is two things... and killing the same bosses with more health and ability bloat...

    Thats what im talking about how it lacks excitement. You do the same two things over and over, the game no longer has interesting quest lines, story development, or any interesting characters anymore. The depth of the main baddie Garrosh is just plain pathetic. Compare him to the intrigue and quest line leading up to Lady Prestor who turned out to be Onyxia.
    Are you claiming people weren't killing the same raid bosses in Vanilla over and over for months on end? Really?

  8. #188
    The Lightbringer shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Spaniard in Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    In TBC it was:

    -get attuned
    - do raids
    - get exalted

    What exactly changed?
    We had world pvp, pugs, you had to make your own groups for dungeons which toke a bit of effort to a) clear , b) keep the group together.

    Arena was exciting because it was new by then too.

  9. #189
    Yes WoW lacks excitement, and that's not going to change. Its never going back to the "olden days", this is a dead horse. Its done, over, is what it is, what you see is what you get. Sorry but after years of development lethargy, do you really think anything will ever go back to early WoW status? You'll have to move on.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Yes WoW lacks excitement, and that's not going to change. Its never going back to the "olden days", this is a dead horse. Its done, over, is what it is, what you see is what you get. Sorry but after years of development lethargy, do you really think anything will ever go back to early WoW status? You'll have to move on.
    True, but the memories of good old days remain. Since I heard about the Dark Below, I have been excited about the "possibility" of WoW becoming exciting again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •