Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    After previous experiences they usually have 1-2 weeks after an arena season ends before the next patch arrives to sort all the gladiator rewards and all that. I think that the patch coming the same day as the season ending is pretty unlikely.
    The last 5 tiers were released the same day as season end, they just gafe the rewards later.

  2. #62
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    It probably will released the 27th due to FF14 but it feels incredibly rushed.
    How does it feel rushed ?? It been in ptr since middle of June if I do remember.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    How does it feel rushed ?? It been in ptr since June.
    Raid testing is being rushed like crazy, if you count hc 25, 1flex and 2 lfr wings (? dont know for sure how many of those wings aint done). All of that within 5days. JK They wont bother with half of it and just release the patch. Thats what I mean with rushed. Also 2.5months of ptr for a last expansion major content patch isn't really long.

  4. #64
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,292
    This is how raid testing has always been it always starts to pick up around the end with 25 finishing in 3 days & 2.5 - 3 is long anough PTR time, All they have left is 3 Normals than all HM 25 and they can do that in 3 days & 2 days for final bug checks & fixes before the patch.

    This is far from rushed, its running the same smooth progressive schedule & time spent that past PTRs have gone by.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-08-20 at 11:46 PM.

  5. #65
    Pit Lord DiscoGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Behind the Pillar
    Posts
    2,476
    the concept of blizzard renigging on a tweet... perposterous. but really who knows. if they dont do it they will delay and no one can really do anything about it.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

  6. #66
    Stood in the Fire melkesjokolade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    After tomorrow they only have 1 more day of 25m normal testing...then they have to do all of heroic 25m testing. They'd have thurs fri and mon..to squeeze in 13 bosses. And there is bound to be maintenance one more day, which means no testing.

    Ugh I was hoping so badly for the 27th for the patch release, I was even counting down the days because I'm ungodly bored of tot and really just want to be out of here.

    I mean I doubt they'd push heroic testing into the first week of 5.4 being live, or would they?

    Blah, I just don't know what to think. Like the ptr is finished, it just needs final touch ups (probably one more ptr push) and to finish raid testing. D:<


    But at the same time they wouldn't have said the 27th, like a week go (I know they said SCHEDULED to end and it could change), if they couldn't make it happen. So if they thought they could make it happen on the 27th only a week ago..they have to have a plan.
    What are you talking about and whats the problem?

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    This is how raid testing has always been it always starts to pick up around the end with 25 finishing in 3 days & 2.5 - 3 is long anough PTR time, All they have left is 3 Normals than all HM 25 and they can do that in 3 days & 2 days for final bug checks & fixes before the patch.

    This is far from rushed, its running the same smooth progressive schedule & time spent that past PTRs have gone by.
    And how many release clients have you seen within 2days before an actual release? Thats also how things always been? Cause thats not how I remember things.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    And how many release clients have you seen within 2days before an actual release? Thats also how things always been? Cause thats not how I remember things.
    There has been a few patches that have had a release candidate literally 1-2 days before.

  9. #69
    still have to test heroic 25 bosses, no release build on PTR yet, probably be pushed back a week like 5.2 was. There's also no heroic abilities in the dungeon journal yet for Garrosh

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    still have to test heroic 25 bosses, no release build on PTR yet, probably be pushed back a week like 5.2 was. There's also no heroic abilities in the dungeon journal yet for Garrosh
    And they have 3 days to do heroic 25 bosses, at this point it's making sure they're working. They've had release candidates literally a day before the patch hits, and when they pushed 5.2 back there was an announcement 2 weeks ahead of time.


    Instead there was an announcement saying the 27th not even 2 weeks ago -- Why would they say the 27th if they didn't think they could get it done? Why? They wouldn't. Typically they hate releasing dates, but they almost never release dates that are inaccurate or people will biiiiiiiiitch.

  11. #71
    Personally, I'd like for the patch to be released abit later: early / mid september...
    Could use some more time to "prepare"

    Sig by Pangcakes

  12. #72
    they still have a wing of flex AND LFR to test on top of all heroic 25 man raiding... Assuming all of that goes 100%, I still don't think they have time. I haven't seen them put 5 bosses on a day before and they'd have to do that in order to get testing done on time. And again that is assuming they want to be testing less than 12 hours before patch release which seems really iffy.
    Brunnorx/Sofex - Zul'jin US PvE - 14/14H T16 - 9 hr/wk - Exiled Legion

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    After tomorrow they only have 1 more day of 25m normal testing...then they have to do all of heroic 25m testing. They'd have thurs fri and mon..to squeeze in 13 bosses. And there is bound to be maintenance one more day, which means no testing.

    Ugh I was hoping so badly for the 27th for the patch release, I was even counting down the days because I'm ungodly bored of tot and really just want to be out of here.

    I mean I doubt they'd push heroic testing into the first week of 5.4 being live, or would they?

    Blah, I just don't know what to think. Like the ptr is finished, it just needs final touch ups (probably one more ptr push) and to finish raid testing. D:<


    But at the same time they wouldn't have said the 27th, like a week go (I know they said SCHEDULED to end and it could change), if they couldn't make it happen. So if they thought they could make it happen on the 27th only a week ago..they have to have a plan.
    27th is end on season, new patch is usually the week after.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by MPA View Post
    27th is end on season, new patch is usually the week after.
    Everyone and their mom is convinced the patch drops that date and not later, but I'm hoping for your assessment, honestly. I'm at 19/20 secrets on the character I'm going to main in SoO and if it lands next Tuesday, I'll likely being doing ToT runs even after LFR's first wing opens just to finish the legendary quest. Needless to say, I'm not exactly ready for it.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Everyone and their mom is convinced the patch drops that date and not later, but I'm hoping for your assessment, honestly. I'm at 19/20 secrets on the character I'm going to main in SoO and if it lands next Tuesday, I'll likely being doing ToT runs even after LFR's first wing opens just to finish the legendary quest. Needless to say, I'm not exactly ready for it.
    Lol for the past 6 tiers the patch has dropped on the end of the pvp season.

    Holinka even confirmed that the PATCH will mark the end of the season. At this point in the xpac it should be common knowledge =P lol.

    But yeah...if the season is still ending the 27th, like they say then the patch WILL hit the 27th

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    There has been a few patches that have had a release candidate literally 1-2 days before.
    On minor patches etc sure, I cant remember a single release tier tho but maybe im wrong.

    Eitherway websites claiming its 10/11 now.

  17. #77
    I really only have 2 "geared" toons, one is like 519 and the other is full Ty, I just can't be bothered to really gear my 90s. I did some VP farming to get VP capped expecting the 27th patch, but now that we have at least 3 more weeks... I don't know what i'll do.

  18. #78
    The Lightbringer Seezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Capua
    Posts
    3,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    On minor patches etc sure, I cant remember a single release tier tho but maybe im wrong.

    Eitherway websites claiming its 10/11 now.
    Which websites?

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Which websites?
    Direct quote from Tom Chilton on gamescom: http://wow.gamona.de/2013/08/21/wow-...-11-september/

  20. #80
    Holinka said that the end of the PvP season would mark the beginning of 5.4.

    It ends the 27th.

    95% of all people would interpret that as the 27th.

    Holinka is on drugs and we shouldn't listen to comments like his again. We should instead wait for a blue poster to say specifically "This is the date" since Holinka obviously doesn't understand that 27th isn't the 10th.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •