Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Q_Q 27th less likely for 5.4?

After tomorrow they only have 1 more day of 25m normal testing...then they have to do all of heroic 25m testing. They'd have thurs fri and mon..to squeeze in 13 bosses. And there is bound to be maintenance one more day, which means no testing.

Ugh I was hoping so badly for the 27th for the patch release, I was even counting down the days because I'm ungodly bored of tot and really just want to be out of here.

I mean I doubt they'd push heroic testing into the first week of 5.4 being live, or would they?

Blah, I just don't know what to think. Like the ptr is finished, it just needs final touch ups (probably one more ptr push) and to finish raid testing. D:<

But at the same time they wouldn't have said the 27th, like a week go (I know they said SCHEDULED to end and it could change), if they couldn't make it happen. So if they thought they could make it happen on the 27th only a week ago..they have to have a plan.

It was already officially announced?

im sure they will just scale most of the 25 man up from the 10 man tests, the first week is purely normal modes anyway which are ment to be relatively easy giving them time to hotfix any unbalances discovered

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair they never specifically said "5.4 will release on the 27th"

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    After tomorrow they only have 1 more day of 25m normal testing...then they have to do all of heroic 25m testing. They'd have thurs fri and mon..to squeeze in 13 bosses. And there is bound to be maintenance one more day, which means no testing.
    They've done all of T15 heroic testing in 3 days and release 5.2 two days after, I don't see why that's not possible for 5.4

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/02/26/pa...ing-announced/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karvak View Post
    I am pretty sure I clarified that. They said it is SCHEDULED to end on the 27th, and it was announced that when the season ends, the patch releases.

I even said it is subject to change.

However I'm trying to see what people are thinking, since 5.2 hit i've been predicting 5.4 to hit the end of august/early september. However I always said I hope it's end of august over sept. (not hard mathz..18 month xpacs, 6 month content patch cycles lol...although it'll look like 5.4/SoO will prob last 6-8 month range.)

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    They've done all of T15 heroic testing in 3 days and release 5.2 two days after, I don't see why that's not possible for 5.4

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/02/26/pa...ing-announced/
    They also only test 4 bosses/days typically.

I suppose they could squeeze in an extra boss each day. So finished normal wed, thurs/fri/mon do 4 bosses 5 bosses 4 bosses or something.

However keep in mind unless todays maint is the FINAL ptr build and is a release candidate..they may still have another ptr build to go out.

But it's do-able.

Today's build is not a release candidate, it's still a test release.

So unless we get a ptr build wed (which I am guessing is why they didn't announce raid testing for wed) the wed one HAS to be a release candidate, or we won't see 5.4 for an extra week and ill cry in a corner and die from waiting...Grr
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-08-19 at 08:06 PM.

As they seem to test 4 bosses in a day instead of the 2 that they did on 10 man, I believe they will finish just on time.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    It was already officially announced?
    They released a blog post that said that the current PvP season will end on the 27th. The PvP designer Holinka tweeted that "The release of the patch will mark [the] end of the season."

Now, I agree that this can all change, but the 27th is clearly their current plan, and I'm sure they can do the testing in time.

Using Wowprogress's statistics, out of the 32 some thousands guilds have have killed Normal Jin'Rokh, only 2800 are 25 man guilds. So the ratio of testing 10 mans to 25s seems fine. If the majority of there raiding player base are of 10 man guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    They released a blog post that said that the current PvP season will end on the 27th. The PvP designer Holinka tweeted that "The release of the patch will mark [the] end of the season."

Now, I agree that this can all change, but the 27th is clearly their current plan, and I'm sure they can do the testing in time.
    That's what I am saying they wouldn't have said the 27th if they knew they couldn't do it. Ugh I hope it is the 27th. lol

Ugh I was hoping so badly for the 27th for the patch release, I was even counting down the days because I'm ungodly bored of tot and really just want to be out of here.

I mean I doubt they'd push heroic testing into the first week of 5.4 being live, or would they?

Blah, I just don't know what to think. Like the ptr is finished, it just needs final touch ups (probably one more ptr push) and to finish raid testing. D:<

But at the same time they wouldn't have said the 27th, like a week go (I know they said SCHEDULED to end and it could change), if they couldn't make it happen. So if they thought they could make it happen on the 27th only a week ago..they have to have a plan.
    So how many more dozens of patches need to release before you people comprehend that when Blizzard ever gives out a date it means there is a 99% chance it will happen? Blizzard doesn't need to test all of 25 man heroic on the PTR because they are able to extrapolate data from what they have gathered so far and test it in house just like always. Also there is the fact heroic version of Soo won't even go live on the 27th giving Blizzard even more time for testing. Really just stop because this crap only makes you people look quite foolish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karvak View Post
    Goes both ways. They never said it wouldn't. Look Blizzard NEVER gives out dates unless they think a patch is ready. I would think people would have clued in by now after 9 years.

Deleted
    Thank god it isn't.
    I wanna get my Thunderking kill on normal before it hits.

Deleted
    As always they shoehorn in 25m testing to inadequate testing blocks for some stupid reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure I clarified that. They said it is SCHEDULED to end on the 27th, and it was announced that when the season ends, the patch releases.

I even said it is subject to change.

However I'm trying to see what people are thinking, since 5.2 hit i've been predicting 5.4 to hit the end of august/early september. However I always said I hope it's end of august over sept. (not hard mathz..18 month xpacs, 6 month content patch cycles lol...although it'll look like 5.4/SoO will prob last 6-8 month range.)

They also only test 4 bosses/days typically.

I suppose they could squeeze in an extra boss each day. So finished normal wed, thurs/fri/mon do 4 bosses 5 bosses 4 bosses or something.

However keep in mind unless todays maint is the FINAL ptr build and is a release candidate..they may still have another ptr build to go out.

But it's do-able.

Today's build is not a release candidate, it's still a test release.

So unless we get a ptr build wed (which I am guessing is why they didn't announce raid testing for wed) the wed one HAS to be a release candidate, or we won't see 5.4 for an extra week and ill cry in a corner and die from waiting...Grr
    Yea, it will happen. Just watch. They always make either midterm week, finals week, or the first week of class a living hell for me. THOSE BASTARDS! :P
    Last edited by Cebel; 2013-08-19 at 09:21 PM.

They have never ever ever ever ever ever tested heroic content when the patch has gone live. If you think they will this time, you are naive.
    As for the 27th, highly unlikely due to the Gamescom event where some of the top-end guilds have been invited to participate. Blizz would force them to either not show or lost out on their heroic testing.
    Also, the 5.2 release was scheduled for a week earlier than it actually was, so delaying is fully possible as it happened this tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    They have never ever ever ever ever ever tested heroic content when the patch has gone live. If you think they will this time, you are naive.
    As for the 27th, highly unlikely due to the Gamescom event where some of the top-end guilds have been invited to participate. Blizz would force them to either not show or lost out on their heroic testing.
    Also, the 5.2 release was scheduled for a week earlier than it actually was, so delaying is fully possible as it happened this tier.
    Its happening. Its normal modes, the top end guilds can still go to gamescom AND do their 6 normal mode clears just fine. Lol.

It will likely be Sept 3rd. There's many things that still need fixed and the 27th is not really enough time.

It's interesting that, in the Mists of Pandaria timeline, we've seen as follows:

5.1: PTR was flagged as Release Candidate on 11/13, released on 11/27 -- 2 weeks.
    5.2: PTR RC on 2/26, released on 3/5 -- 1 week.
    5.3: PTR RC on 5/17, released on 5/21 -- 3.5 to 4 days.
    5.4: PTR is not yet flagged as a release candidate.

Abusing mathematics, 5.4 can launch on 8/27 assuming that it is flagged as a RC 1.75 - 2 days before. So we'll "know" on 8/25.

Realistically, I think they're basically obligated to their shareholders to release on 8/27 to stop the few lost subscriptions that will be going to FFXIV that day. We're going to see a slow run of "bug fixes" and "tuning" in the weeks afterward (Enhancement Shaman, bringing you tears for your Healing Rain!).

When the 5.2 release was delayed, it was announced a full 2 weeks ahead of time that it was being pushed back. That hasn't happened, and is unlikely to happen this late. They are also not going to delay a patch for the sake of a few top end guilds not being able to do PTR testing, especially when it is apparently lined up with that date specifically to steal some thunder from the FF14 release.

For reference, for 5.2, the patch was released March 5. They finished 25N testing on February 25 (8 days before the patch) and then did all 25H testing on February 27, 28 and March 1 (Wednesday/Thursday/Friday before the patch). They are only about 1 day behind that schedule for 5.4, and can (and have for 5.0) do raid testing on the weekend. If the patch wasn't going live August 27, we'd have heard about it by now. Also, if it doesn't go live August 27, chances are they won't want to push it live on September 3 (because they would have to have people work Labor Day to get it loading). There is no way it will be delayed until September 10 with where they are for testing, so it's 99% sure it's happening August 27.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    As always they shoehorn in 25m testing to inadequate testing blocks for some stupid reason.
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard could set up raid testing at 4 AM in the morning and Method and Blood Legion will find a way to field a 25 man roster to test.