Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoddie View Post
    You're so full of shit it's unbelievable. Today you're claiming to be a botter, the other day you said you'd quit the game. I recall seeing you tell someone you were glad they received a suspension for spoiling everyone else's fun. Well, if you're a botter aren't you doing the same?
    I did quit. Sadly, I couldn't fight the pull and came back. 5.4 is going to add a bunch of stuff I'm interested in, and as I've said in several other threads, I usually come back for the end of the expansion. One of my accounts is still inactive, I'll be starting it up when I get paid on Friday. So all four of them will be up and running. Sorry to burst your little temper tantrum there, but people change their minds. And for the record, I can already see myself getting bored again >.> Nostalgia is a powerful drug.

If nobody knows my characters are botting, I'm not destroying the AH, and everybody's happy, how am I spoiling everybody else's fun? Please do explain. Not once in ~7 years have I had someone whisper me and complain about anything. Hell, in BGs I'd get whispers about "nice heals" and "thanks for the backup!" and stuff like that all the time (most botting software has chat logs, btw). My name was never mentioned in chat.

So no, I'm not full of shit, but thanks for the attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I just can't help but laugh at these posts as they always state things like "oh i botted on a dozen of account but but but but blablablabla" Yeah right. I think the rules are fairly clear so you can answer your question yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're spoiling their fun by running a program that can act infinitesimally faster than a human being can as far as responses to casts and decision making, thus removing the aspect of a "fair fight." You're also wasting the time of people who are playing Battlefields for:

-The Player VS. Player experience rather than a single player campaign against AI.
    -The actual objectives of the campaign rather than the "joy" of seeing their mindless teammate joining the scrum in the middle of the map.

But you already knew all this. This thread really isn't about anything other than you just letting a little chaos happen while you twirl your mustache and enjoy the hilarity that ensues.
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    I just can't help but laugh at these posts as they always state things like "oh i botted on a dozen of account but but but but blablablabla" Yeah right. I think the rules are fairly clear so you can answer your question yourself.
    Indeed, this topic is afterall running against the terms you sign for when opening the game account. Generally, botting shouldn't even be there. I do not care if OP claims he was to no trouble or the likes, play the game like others - it's not that hard.

Thread does seem to spite a bit, as well, I recall discussing subjects that is against Blizzard's terms isn't permitted either?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Why do all the work of botting when ur not EARNING gold on it, whats the point
    If i knew ur name, id report u
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

This thread seems to be made just to provoke people and has no real purposeful discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amenthil View Post
    PS somehow i have the feeling he only started this thread to aggravate people

Nah, you're just over-sensitive to it.
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

Sorry OP, not really sympathetic to botters. MMOs should be about being rewarded for time/effort put in, not about people gathering mats/making gold with bot programs while they sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know wether the story is true or not or the many posts in this thread but for the people wondering why, I'm modding my elder scrolls and fallout games. Total I have around 1000 hours spent on just skyrim IN GAME. 500 hours of those is testing mods, and I have probably spent double if not more that time on just fiddling with the game files. It's just fun. I imagine this being the same case for him, playing with his bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Personally, I really don't care. A friend of mine bots all the time, he bots to get his full honor set, he bots to get mats for professions or to sell. Usually he buys an account for like $100, then he bots on it to get it fully geared up and get it some gold, then we do some arenas or something to get like 2.2k achievements or gladiator or whatever depending on the season, and then he sells it for like $200 and starts over again. Fun way for him to make a little money.

I don't really feel like botting matters all that much, but I also never farm professions, perhaps if I did it would bother me. But bots in BGs really don't concern me, most of the time you'd have lost regardless.
    And this is the problem with the community at the moment. The apathy shown towards botters is amazing. These people are cheating, They are doing something against the terms of use and the eula. You should be absolutely pissed off with people you know that do this. It ruins the in game economy, it ruins the "sportsmanship" of the game, and it ruins the community.

Every account that bots should be banned. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Quote Originally Posted by Spphy View Post
    I don't know wether the story is true or not or the many posts in this thread but for the people wondering why, I'm modding my elder scrolls and fallout games. Total I have around 1000 hours spent on just skyrim IN GAME. 500 hours of those is testing mods, and I have probably spent double if not more that time on just fiddling with the game files. It's just fun. I imagine this being the same case for him, playing with his bots.
    Skyrim is a single player game, though. Botting in a multiplayer game like WoW influences other people and effects the server's economy, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really gonna care much if I see someone skinning or something with a bot but if A.) you bot auction house or B.) you bot Battlegrounds, gtfo.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

You bot, you're cheating and it's unethical. Cheating because an outside source is playing for you giving you an edge. It's unethical because people asking for your help will never get it in groups or BGs, and I know you're sugar coding it, you must have farmed mats, camped rares, and ruined a server with your selfish poor behavior. Don't bot, it's a garbage waste of time. You wanna play wow? Then play it, don't cheat to win, work hard to win. All my characters were never bots, I worked hard to have 21, soon 22 lvl 90s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Skyrim is a single player game, though. Botting in a multiplayer game like WoW influences other people and effects the server's economy, etc.
    You didn't get the point of my post did you? I tried to explain what he found of fun just playing with his bots, not really earning anything out of it apart from the fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    All my characters were never bots, I worked hard to have 21, soon 22 lvl 90s.
    I don't see that being hard work, rather having a lot of time. Not hard to level a character up to level 90 these days, takes 2-3 days. But if you enjoy leveling, nothing wrong in that.

I honestly don't care about botting as long as it isn't interfering with other players gaming.

As to his enjoyment out of setting up the bots to get them to be perfect, I can relate to that. I used to play a MUD and I got the most satisfaction out of creating scripts to play the game for me (this was normal and supported by the company as long as you didn't do it while afk). The goal was to see just how much stuff I could get one script to do.

If people feel the need to bot, I think the industry shouldn't fight against it, they should simply adapt to it. Much like the music industry has done to counteract illegal downloads. Fighting against botters is long, expensive and apparently inefficient!
    Furthermore, I do not think that you can bot without impacting the community. If you only sell botted stuff through COD, then this buyer isn't buying this stuff from a legit farmer...

This comes from a since-bc botter!
    Last edited by PainlessHippo; 2013-08-20 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKaman View Post
    I just want your honest opinion on this topic and am interested how people perceive the EULA etc. How do you guys personally feel about this? Is it still wrong to bot as I have done it? Would you try to get my bots (or my main) get banned if you had the chance? Would you be happier if there were absolutely no bots or do you just dont care at all?
    It doesn't like, make me angry or anything, I don't view it as some kind of moral failing. But if I saw one of your bots I'd likely report it, just because the more reports you send in the more likely bots are to be dealt with in general.

I don't really understand what you got out of the bot accounts frankly. You just let them play themselves to see how they went?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spphy View Post
    You didn't get the point of my post did you? I tried to explain what he found of fun just playing with his bots, not really earning anything out of it apart from the fun.
    I understood what you were saying but the simple act of botting has an effect on a server's economy even if the OP never posts a thing on the AH...it affects other people's ability to gather items as efficiently if they are waiting for respawns due to a bot, or are spending more time flying around trying to find available nodes, etc.

I seriously doubt the OP never bought anything from the AH or never vendored a drop. If they did it affected the economy.

Also it isn't just about the gold, it is also about negatively affecting the game experience of others. And this is just as important as the economy. Blizzard wants players to have the best experience possible and this is why they ban botters. When people report a botter it obviously had a negative impact on them in game, and it had another negative impact by taking away the time they had to spend reporting it. If you don't actually want to play the game why not just cheat in a solo offline game, that way nobody cares.

As long as bots are not ruining BGs or butchering the economy - i do not mind them.