Poll: which is far worse

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    But Honey boo boo "made" Go Go Juice, where would we be without Go Go Juice?!

...I think I just gagged a little even saying that.

While I have no interest in Twilight or Honey Boo Boo, people give the family from Honey Boo Boo way too much flak.

Are they doing stupid things? Sure. They are not overly healthy eaters and a lot of their actions pander to the lowest common denominator, but at the same time, they are not bad people. For the people who say that the little girl is being exploited for financial gain, it has been reported that the family uses next to none of the money from their TLC show. Rather, the Mother has wisely placed the money into trust funds for each of her four daughters that they will gain access to upon the age of 21, a medical emergency, or to pay school tuition. The daily expenses are paid by the 'father's' contracting work.

Hollywood Life says the family started out making somewhere between $5,000 to $7,000 per episode but got a bump up to an undisclosed figure between $15,000 and $20,000 because of the show's popularity. The website added:

"But even with bigger paychecks, the Honey Boo Boo family has insisted on staying grounded. The network offered to help move June and her family into a bigger house, but the 33-year-old mother of four refused. She's an active member of their town, and didn't want to leave her community and family home behind."
    Last edited by Nelaphim-EX; 2013-08-20 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Source provided.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honey Boo Boo, twilight had vampires..well gay vampires, but vampires nonetheless.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

ehhhh now I feel bad.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

I don't watch Honey Boo Boo because I hate reality TV, but as a family, they're actually decent people. Just redneck as fuck. Twilight on the other hand is just awful and has no place in this world.

Deleted
    Honey Boo Boo

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Honey Boo Boo, at least Twilight is fun to laugh at. Honey Boo Boo is just nightmare fuel.
    ^ this

we can make fun and laugh as hard as we can about twilight but lets face it, it does bring a smile on people's faces on how awful it is.
    while on the other hand Honey Boo Boo is just the thing that makes u go "i dont want to live on this planet anymore"

Deleted
    Honey Boo Boo from South Park? Love that episode so i would say Twilight!

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww... there's no "both" option...

Twilight is way worse, seriously. It is actually the first mainstream movie that I just couldn't watch all the way to the end. I just got too bored. So lame and cheesy. Kinda weird how it got compared to Harry Potter since it is clearly on another level.

Honey boo boo is at least tongue in cheek and witty. I like how the mother is poor and ugly as shit, but manages to maintain a happy loving home with happy kids. Did I mention she is poor as shit and is far more charitable than my own family?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paxx0r View Post
    Honey Boo Boo from South Park? Love that episode so i would say Twilight!
    Honey Boo Boo the real thing not the south park parody...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Twilight is way worse, seriously. It is actually the first mainstream movie that I just couldn't watch all the way to the end. I just got too bored. So lame and cheesy. Kinda weird how it got compared to Harry Potter since it is clearly on another level.

Honey boo boo is at least tongue in cheek and witty. I like how the mother is poor and ugly as shit, but manages to maintain a happy loving home with happy kids. Did I mention she is poor as shit and is far more charitable than my own family?

poor as shit? what? you do realize that's just an act no? they make more than enough money from the show to live a very good life...

people voting honey boo boo are utterly wrong.

honey boo boo is ONE kid it effects only one family.

twilight has psychologically damaged an entire generation of young girls
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Honey Boo Boo the real thing not the south park parody...
    Are you telling me that she is real!? What is the show called? I MUST have it!

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzt7oCFN3ek :P Good luck.

just google honey boo boo. its a reality show on tlc
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even going to read anyone else's reply. I'm just going to say it. I have never had the great displeasure of watching a full episode of Honey Boo Boo but I have seen previews, meme's, and pictures, I know the horrors that lurk on that God-Forsaken abomination of a show. It's disgusting and I don't understand how someone could even make it through an episode of that great disgust.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, people can say what they want about Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, but take a look at that family.

They might be uneducated, unrefined and outright trashy -- but that is a family that loves each other.
    There is not one person there who has a poor body image (and despite what you may think, kids do not need to feel bad about themselves or how they look). They think -- no, they know in their hearts -- that they are beautiful, and the best part is, if you disagree, they don't give a shit.

Instead of getting a few bucks and blowing it on a bunch of nonsense, their mother is putting it away for each of her children, so they will have something to fall back on when they are adults.

Sure, it's disgusting to watch them eat spaghetti noodles with ketchup and butter -- but they like it, and they don't care what you think.

That little girl believes she is a beauty queen. I don't see her mother pushing her to do anything she doesn't want -- that little girl loves every minute of it.
    They are a family that, in my opinion, are leagues ahead of most people's families in terms of functionality and progressive thinking. For instance, they have a gay uncle - and they shatter all the stereotypes you'd expect of a white family from rural Georgia.

You don't have to like the show, but if you think the message is "hey, look how trashy these people are, see how fucked up they are?", then you're missing the point. Instead, they illustrate just how fucked up most other families are.

Maybe that's why it pisses people off. Because they are happy and loving, being who they are -- and for some reason, people believe they shouldn't be, because they aren't themselves.

Yeah, they illustrate how fucked up other people are. And they do it well.
    Last edited by Atrea; 2013-08-20 at 06:06 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandiana View Post
    This is just.. omg! Thanks

If I was forced to endure one, I'd pick Twilight.

Well, I actually liked Twilight the first times I read them. But Honey Boo Boo... I don't know, there's something comical about it that makes me unable to hate it