Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't really feel any button bloat on my DK. As blood I literally have everything bound (just checked -.-) with the exception of pestilence because roiling blood and I still have leftover binds for battle horn, healthstones, target macros, etc. About 40 binds in total which I don't even consider bloated when I look at my shaman who had some 60 binds back in WoTLK.

Do some abilities need to be updated or be more attractive? Yeah, but every class has those, or some that are just outdated after a certain level. Blood Strike is useless after x level, but so is strike for warriors and primal strike for shaman. Icy Touch as frost/unholy could be tweaked to be more attractive, but for 5 mans as blood I have no problem finding uses for it. A random niche, but it's there.

Personally I'd rather they fix up our talent trees (Why the hell are the rune talents at level 75?) to be more consistent with the other classes ie cc line, mobility line, etc. My two cents.

Oh yeah, don't even get me started on our talent trees. I was so pissed when I saw our trees in comparison to the other classes trees. They were obviously doing the trees to make each tier a flavor like movement, damage, control, etc. Our trees? totally FUBAR. First tier is all about diseases which is kinda cool. Second tier has a fear break (healing is a joke), a magic absorb, and a cheat death mechanic. Huh? Third tier has a movement increase, a root and a stun? huh? Fourth tier is all about healing, that is cool but it is the only tier to increase our DPS in any meaningful way (outside of plague leech) and even then that particular talent is NEVER taken. Fifth tier is resource management which is fine, but waaaay boring. Not a talent sort of thing, should have just been tied to spec like it always has been. And then our last tier. The tier that everyone else gets something cool that either makes them do more damage or lets the do different damage and is usable in raids. What do we get? Mass grip gimmick on some fights, aoe stun that is avoidable by everyone in pvp and is useless in raiding, and a get out of CC skill that is only really useful in PvP and as such is default talent.

So stupid.

Deleted
    Honestly, I think DK does not have any real problem with amount of skills, besides the blood boil. I have never found any use for that skill. It does so low amount of damage that i cant even see enemy hp bar getting shorter at all, and it costs rune aswell which could be used on some real ability. Well, i have used it on occasions where I needed to kill multiple critters at once.

What am i supposed to do with blood boil? why is it there?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Honestly, I think DK does not have any real problem with amount of skills, besides the blood boil. I have never found any use for that skill. It does so low amount of damage that i cant even see enemy hp bar getting shorter at all, and it costs rune aswell which could be used on some real ability. Well, i have used it on occasions where I needed to kill multiple critters at once.

What am i supposed to do with blood boil? why is it there?
    What... ?

What spec are you playing ?

Deleted
    Mostly played frost, unholy sometime. But what does it matter? specialization does not modify that skill.

Deleted
    It's part of the aoe rotation for blood and unholy..

Deleted
    I have played unholy, and never saw blood boil being in rotation for unholy. And why should it be? its damage is non existent.

Deleted
    I have played unholy, and never saw blood boil being in rotation for unholy. And why should it be? its damage is non existent.
    It's vital for blood, as it refreshes diseases (so you can keep the physical debuff up, since it's tied to blood plague) and it's the only viable way to generate aoe threat.

The only spec that has no uses for Blood Boil is frost.

Deleted
    You've played unholy but obviously not understood what abilities do.

Deleted
    I didnt remember it refreshes disease. But festering strike also refreshes disease so blood boil is useless.

Deleted
    I didnt remember it refreshes disease. But festering strike also refreshes disease so blood boil is useless.
    I can't tell if you're trolling tbh.

Blood boil is unholy's primary aoe ability, used along side disease spreading and death&decay. As long as you have more than 3 or 4 targets then it hits harder than scourge strike. If talented it's also a way to spread diseases AND do damage at the same time, not having to use pestilence.

For blood it's your primary Aoe on more than 3 targets, refreshes your diseases to the full duration (you don't have festering strike as blood) and can spread them if talented.

Wat?

Deleted
    The amount of mobs being hit does not increase the damage by the ability. You will get those mobs down faster if you just use your real skills to take them down one by one.

I seem to have everything bound quite comfortably on my DK. You said you are using both num1-10 and a razor naga? Do you just mean they are the same thing?

Anyways, the best suggestion is to just sit down and think about button placement more so than the abilities you use or don't use. If you find a good layout, the bloat seems to disappear.

I use 1-5, shift+1-4, r, t, f, g, z, x, c, shift+r, t, f, g, c, and Naga.

I have cooldown abilities and DS as frost bound to the naga and main use abilities bound to 1-4 and r. Utility is bound to everything else. (This includes some overlap with macros)

I try to use the same (above) template for every class and based on this, I really only feel that Monks are bloated and that's just because when you bind all the utility abilities or offspec stuff you run out of room quickly.

Deleted
    The amount of mobs being hit does not increase the damage by the ability. You will get those mobs down faster if you just use your real skills to take them down one by one.
    Blood boil is an AOE.

Scourge strike hits one target, if it hits one target for 100K then it will always hit one target for 100k.
    If Blood Boil hits one target for 40k then it's going to hit 3 targets for 120k (in total), 4 targets for 160K, 5 targets for 200K

Get it?

Deleted
    I understand that, but still it does incredibly low amount of damage. By the time you have blood boiled your 4 mobs to death, you would have killed many more if you had just used real abilities on one mob at the time.

Its meaningless to think that way that you just multiply the damage by amount of mobs it hit. If you had skill that does 1 damage, but you hit millions of mobs, then you do total of millions of damage. Does this make the skill good?
    Last edited by mmoc090a203492; 2013-08-21 at 01:21 PM.

I understand that, but still it does incredibly low amount of damage. By the time you have blood boiled your 4 mobs to death, you would have killed many more if you had just used real abilities on one mob at the time.

Its meaningless to think that way that you just multiply the damage by amount of mobs it hit. If you had skill that does 1 damage, but you hit millions of mobs, then you do total of millions of damage. Does this make the skill good?

Even so: If scourge strike deals 100k damage and bloodboil does 40k damage and each takes 1 rune (lets just use death runes for simplicity)

if there are 3 mobs with 500k health each, it takes 15 scourge strikes to kill but only 13 bloodboils. Thus 15 runes to 13. If there are 4 mobs with 500k health, it takes 20 to 13. etc... up til aoe cap.

Now if incoming damage is a problem, killing one mob faster to lower the incoming damage might matter more than killing everything together faster. Then you would use scourge strike.

Anyways, this is all off topic.

Deleted
    I understand that but blood boil doesnt do 40 000 damage.
    Last edited by mmoc090a203492; 2013-08-21 at 01:37 PM.

Deleted
    500 000 / 40 000 = 12,5

12,5 blood boils needed to kill

500 000 / 100 000 = 5

5 scourge strikes needed to kill
    Yup, except you only killed one target with SS, while you killed 3 with BB.

To achieve the same result, you'd have to use 15 SS.

Deleted
    Except one doesn't use blood boil for just 3 targets, only if you want to apply diseases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedda View Post
    Except one doesn't use blood boil for just 3 targets, only if you want to apply diseases.
    I do as blood, just because it's easier to hit cap BB rather than try to exp cap HS. Being parried all the time blows.

The only scenario where I HS is when I only have one or two targets.
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2013-08-21 at 02:28 PM.