Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    People calling Samsung phones frigid toys which snap in half with a sneeze is laughable. Currently have the Samsung Galaxy S4 and I think it looks pretty sleek, isn't too heavy or too light (good balance) and it's rigid as fuck. Dropped it at work (tumbled 7 meters) and it survived and still looks brand new lol.

Sure you may argue that plastic isn't a premium material unlike aluminium or whatever, but it sure knows how to take a hit or two. Besides that, the screen looks gorgeous! I've been watching films on it while on the road and having a big screen like that is definitely a big plus. I feel that if you end up with an iPhone you'll be cheated out of the screen estate that makes phones so beautiful atm. It also sports the best camera currently available to smartphones if you're into that.

Besides having many top notch features and components, it also has the ability to swap battery and stick an SD card in there. I currently have 64GB card in there for all my film/music needs which is just awesome.

All in all, I believe that the Galaxy S4 will bring you the most value for your money. I'm not sure about the HTC One though. The lack of an SD card slot and the inability to switch battery are turn offs for me. I've also heard bad things about HTC being slow with updates as well as just dropping phones from updates. Samsung on the other hand (while still not overly speedy) still provides updates for old phones (galaxy s2) in a timely way.

Just my two cents.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    It also sports the best camera currently available to smartphones if you're into that.
    Yeah, right. (and 808 PV is better than both of these)

Deleted
    WP7, much better than both Android and Ios.. The coming Nokia 1020 looks pretty insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Android. You don't need to jailbreak them to run emulators. Enjoy all your friends being jealous of you playing pokemon red or blue on your phone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Yeah, right. (and 808 PV is better than both of these)
    Didn't know Nokia made Android phones. Oh wait, they don't.

In any case, I meant of the current high end phones. If camera phones are your thing, you should consider the Galaxy Zoom.

Sure it looks retarded when you call, but yeah at least you can make awesome pictures. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Android. You don't need to jailbreak them to run emulators. Enjoy all your friends being jealous of you playing pokemon red or blue on your phone.
    Also this. But why stop at red and blue? I'm playing White 2 on my Galaxy S4 on full speed. =D
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....drastic&hl=nl

Sure it costs 6 euro's, but damn, it's well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Sony has some of the best(if not the best) multimedia tools on their smartphones... if you have newer sony TVs and shit u can use your phone as a remote control even... dunno if you can do that with any android/iOS phone but it seemed pretty cool when I saw it done with the sony(dunno which sony it was though, prolly some xperia) anyway if you are a multimedia tools junkie Sony is the best one.
    Isn't Sony making a new Smartphone that uses the same OS as PS3/4 with a Xross Media Bar that can also sync with it the same way the Vita/PSP/Several other Sony products can?

OT: I prefer Android over Apple. My Brother prefers Apple though. He's not a huge tech person, so the user-friendliness the iphone gives, with the long-ass warranty they provide with touch-screen abuse he does for texting and messing with apps works better for him than Android.

I prefer Android more though because of the more utility tools I can get, and how easy it is to modify without AT&T having to know or violating warranty.

I wouldn't mind having an Iphone of my own for a year or two just to see what it was like and what the true major differences where and how things worked out, but, not willing to pay several hundred to do it, ontop of that AT&T doesn't have iphone's anymore except refurbs, and their data plans are crap too.

- - - Updated - - -

People calling Samsung phones frigid toys which snap in half with a sneeze is laughable.
    See, I think Samsung, atleast my Galaxy S2, is one of the more durable phones I've ever owned. I've dropped it in a creek a couple of times during photography shoots, and still works just fine, no issues what so ever. No damage. It's not like it sat in the creek though for several minutes, was just a drop, so no water probably had the chance to get through the seals, but the micro2-USB is still functional as is the mic and speaker.

Galaxy S2 Skyrocket on the other hand, I've had some battery / memory usage issues with that updates never did manage to fix for it, but I'm wondering if that was related to it's slightly better processor and slightly larger resolution than the Galaxy S2(SGH-i777).

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't know Nokia made Android phones. Oh wait, they don't.
    Oh sorry, didn't know "available to smartphones" meant "available to Android" to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sorry, didn't know "available to smartphones" meant "available to Android" to you.
    You didn't read the thread title right?

The only way I would ever buy an iPhone is if the new iPhone 5C model is priced competetively with other smartphones. Otherwise you're just paying for air.

Personally I just haggled a deal from my carrier and recently got a Windows 8 phone for free (with the condition I stay with the carrier for 2 years). Ran the SunSpider benchmark on it and the Huawei Ascend W1 got a 30% better result than an iPhone 4S. For 0€ it's a crazy good phone.

Deleted
    Maybe the TS just hadn´t considered WP7/8
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2013-08-20 at 12:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, could just please read again what YOU said. You said it was the best available to smartphones, that's all. The fact that this thread was about Android or iPhone doesn't change anything to the fact that what you said was just plain wrong. It doesn't change the meaning of the word "smartphone".

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    The only way I would ever buy an iPhone is if the new iPhone 5C model is priced competetively with other smartphones. Otherwise you're just paying for air.

Personally I just haggled a deal from my carrier and recently got a Windows 8 phone for free (with the condition I stay with the carrier for 2 years). Ran the SunSpider benchmark on it and the Huawei Ascend W1 got a 30% better result than an iPhone 4S. For 0€ it's a crazy good phone.
    I would love to try out the Huawei Ascend P2 if it were available in the US under AT&T.

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwid...eId=3745&tab=0

I understand marketing, but these numbers, sweet jesus...

Yeah, Huawei has some crazy good phones, but Apple and Samsung have so far managed to lock them away from US market. They're definately one of the big players on a world scale though.
    Last edited by Romeo83x; 2013-08-20 at 12:53 PM.

Deleted
    My samsung galexy 2 is the best phone i have ever had and it is so light weight an thin. My contract is about to end and i have never been happyer with a phone.

I will be getting the Samsung galixey note 3 the day it come sout as a replacement because i am so happy with it.

The iphone stuff is a well over hyped gimic with a hell of a lot less freedom to download apps and stuff.
    The wi fi is rubbish my brother just got an iphone 5 after me telling him to get the samsung galexy 3 and because he uses it as a wi fi hotspot to play wow on his laptop in his appartment he is suffering my S2 > i5 when it comes to the conntection speeds of the internet.

The samsungs have bigger screens. The only thing u can say about iphone is that they are very very well made and use top notch hardware but the screens are too brittle and seem to brake in pockets. The price diffrence. Appal software is crap pure and simple. If you are on a forum handaling a forum you should be able to handale a android operating system.

Also as android is a linux Operating system it is cery easy to use when connecting it to a pc to as on films.
    I put a 32gig micro sd card in my phone and all i do is connect my phone open the folder and drag and drop files into my phones folder.

Only thing i dont like is the organisation of my vidio libary.

Any one with it knolage will tekk you to get an android.... any one with a good it job has both anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely wait until Sept 10th for the iPhone event. Two new iPhones are rumored to be unveiled then (5S and a cheaper, plastic backed model). I've owned two iPhones (4S and currently the 5) and have had zero issues with them. I've actually dropped my iPhone 5 twice on concrete and aside from some chips and scratches on the back, it works the same. One of the good things about Apple is their support, though. If you have an Apple Store in your town/nearby then you're set. I think I read that they're starting to do more repairs/replacements in store.

I'm all hooked into Apple's ecosystem and I love it (Apple TV, MacBook Air, iPad mini, iPhone 5). Stuff just works. Happy customer. I'm not upgrading my iPhone this year but I do plan to upgrade my iPad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, could just please read again what YOU said. You said it was the best available to smartphones, that's all. The fact that this thread was about Android or iPhone doesn't change anything to the fact that what you said was just plain wrong. It doesn't change the meaning of the word "smartphone".
    If you don't understand what's being discussed in a thread why do you bother coming in without reading anything to bash someone? Sure smartphones can include WP, but the thread specifically talks about iOS and Android (which are smartphones too) so WP is not included. Therefor I can use it to address both iOS and Android at once instead of saying "the best available amongst iOS and Android phones". Or perhaps I should've said "the best available to smartphones but excluding WP lololo".

Seriously, it's not that hard to understand what you're reading right? In any case, stopping it here right now. No need to pollute the thread.
    Last edited by Shuji V2; 2013-08-20 at 01:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    Yeah, Huawei has some crazy good phones, but Apple and Samsung have so far managed to lock them away from US market. They're definately one of the big players on a world scale though.
    Well Apple has the US government veto´ing court rulings so they can keep their stuff with stolen patents on the market. Kind of hard to compete with that

Bought an S4 for my gf. It's great. While the Samsung phones are made from plastic (and I have no idea why the fuck they don't grow up a little) I think they are the best choice hardware and software wise from the Android market. I would recommend this to anyone who has money to throw out the window for a smartphone. The other option, the slick HTC One, with also comes bundled with some ultrabullshit marketing crap called UltraPixel technology. There is also LG Optimus G.

iPhone has the advantage of a better application market, since they have that approval process in place, but I don't think there are any killer application for it, at least not for the average user. Downside is the smaller screen, the poor performance, the horrible lock state of any Apple product, and of course the shitty Apple crap they pull out from time to time, like "no more Google Maps, we've made a super piece of shit map that will navigate you into a bottomless pit, suckers haha". For the average consumer, iPhone is the perfect phone I suppose, that's why they had so much success with them. You can't really fuck it up, unless you go rebel and want to "jailbreak" it.

Windows Phone is a piece of shit that has 3% market share. You can buy one if you're insane or eccentric . Or you can just stay away and wait for Microsoft to realize there is no point in going forward with phones and tables, since they are beyond pathetic. They are so pathetic that they are now sued by investors for lying about the poor performance of their Shitface (or Surface or something like that) tablets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Well Apple has the US government veto´ing court rulings so they can keep their stuff with stolen patents on the market. Kind of hard to compete with that
    At least they are losing market shares at an amazing speed and it look like it will continue.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, it's not that hard to understand what you're reading right? In any case, stopping it here right now. No need to pollute the thread.
    Oh no, not hard to understand if people use the words for their true meaning. The topic of a discussion does not change the words meaning. Understanding that "smartphone" means "smartphone" isn't that hard right ?

But OT: for Android avoid low-end and outdated devices like plague, unless you want a slow/buggy phone. Most interesting right now are samsung and nexus. If going for an iPhone (even outdated) you don't really have to worry about that. I often advise people who find themselves "geeky" to go for Android, and others to avoid it, I have yet to see an android phone with which you don't have to get your hands dirty doing things you aren't supposed to do to get it work properly (and I have worked with tenth of different models), which never happens on iPhone (or WP) unless you go for jailbreaking.

But the real question you need to answer to choose is simply this : what do you expect from your phone ?