Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Holy] Tier16 Best in Slot List [5.4]

Did some poking around on the PTR and made a Holy Pally BiS List.

Head - Thok The Bloodthirsty - Headguard of Winged Triumph
    Neck - Spoils of Pandaria - Lost Necklace of the Mogu Empress
    Shoulders - Siegecrafter Blackfuse - Mantle of Winged Triumph
    Back - Legendary Cloak - Jina-Kang, Kindness of Chi-Ji
    Chest - Garrosh Hellscream - Chestplate of Fallen Passion
    Bracers - Galakras - Smoldering Drakescale Bracers
    Gloves - General Nazgrim - Gloves of Winged Triumph
    Belt - Immerseus - Greatbelt of Living Waters
    Legs - Paragons of the Klaaxi - Greaves of Winged Triumph
    Boots - Spoils of Pandaria - Mogu Mindbender's Greaves
    Ring 1 - Immerseus - Seal of Eternal Sorrow
    Ring 2 - Thok The Bloodthirsty - Signet of the Dinomancers
    Trinket 1 - Sha of Pride - Prismatic Prison of Pride
    Trinket 2 - Siegecrafter Blackfuse - Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity
    Weapon - Kor'Kron Dark Shamans - Kardris' Scepter
    Shield - Norushen - Norushen's Enigmatic Barrier

Situational Trinket(Aoe Healing Fights) - Thok The Bloodthirsty - Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth

This list is subject to change however, in my testing on the PTR I have come to the conclusion that Mastery is still the best stat followed by Haste. The 4p tier bonus is very good so we pick that up as well. A comfortable spirit point is near 15-16k this is with the changes to Divine Plea in consideration.

Please note: I spent a lot of time on this, I am open to constructive criticism but not negative comments. If you feel something is wrong, please advise me as to why you believe so with some proof. I will change the list if I have made any errors.

Thanks

-Lithiyum - Aliannce - Baelgun(US) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hiyum/advanced
    Last edited by Lithiyum; 2013-09-13 at 09:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should use wow database links instead so you get the mouse over pop ups.

The list itself is pretty much identical to what I figured it would be.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-08-20 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    Doesn't BiS kinda depend on your talent choice & playstyle come 5.4? ie. hot healing with ef, judgment/holyshock and so on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    Doesn't BiS kinda depend on your talent choice & playstyle come 5.4? ie. hot healing with ef, judgment/holyshock and so on?
    Not really. For the most part, your stat priority is still Spirit > Mastery > Haste > Crit. If you go Selfless Healer, your priority goes Mastery > Haste > Spirit >= Crit, but if I remember right, there are very few pieces without spirit on it, so it's hard to avoid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post

Ill work on it tonight when I have some free time, thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, I looked into it, and it works now!
    Last edited by Lithiyum; 2013-08-20 at 07:10 PM.

So pretty much the shield from Norushen is better than the BoA shield from Garrosh? I figured as much too, but wasn't 100% sure since the shield from Garrosh is a higher ilevel, but has haste and no gem socket. I'm assuming 8 ilevels isn't worth giving up the mastery.

Also, wouldn't we want the weapon from Garrosh? It's higher ilevel, still has mastery, and has two gem sockets.
    Last edited by Lumineux; 2013-08-21 at 03:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineux View Post
    So pretty much the shield from Norushen is better than the BoA shield from Garrosh? I figured as much too, but wasn't 100% sure since the shield from Garrosh is a higher ilevel, but has haste and no gem socket. I'm assuming 8 ilevels isn't worth giving up the mastery.

Also, wouldn't we want the weapon from Garrosh? It's higher ilevel, still has mastery, and has two gem sockets.
    It doesn't look like the BoA weapons are upgradeable.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/105688-hellscreams-warmace

So if that is the case, it would be a 574 mace vs a 580 mace
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-08-21 at 04:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't look like the BoA weapons are upgradeable.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/105688-hellscreams-warmace

So if that is the case, it would be a 574 mace vs a 580 mace
    ^This, however if you are able to upgrade BoA items off Garrosh, then you are right and the mace off Garrosh is better, however I believe the Shield off Norushen is still better considering the Mastery bonus and gemsocket.

I'm not sure about Mogu Mindbender's Greaves, imo Borer Drill Boots looks better, yellow socket, native spirit and you can reforge the crit into 500 mastery. Same with Signet of the Dinomancers, I'd probably opt for the spirit options Laser-Slice Signet or Seal of Sullen Fury. If a low spirit build with SH was still on the table the non-spirit ones would obviously be better, but as long as spirit>mastery I'd chose spirit options any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miskat0nic View Post
    I'm not sure about Mogu Mindbender's Greaves, imo Borer Drill Boots looks better, yellow socket, native spirit and you can reforge the crit into 500 mastery. Same with Signet of the Dinomancers, I'd probably opt for the spirit options Laser-Slice Signet or Seal of Sullen Fury. If a low spirit build with SH was still on the table the non-spirit ones would obviously be better, but as long as spirit>mastery I'd chose spirit options any day.
    There is enough spirit on the other gear to make up for losing spirit on those boots. And it seems the HS mana cost decrease is helping us in the spirit department. I will take mastery/haste boots over spirit/crit.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-08-21 at 09:21 PM.

This is the normal version of the list I did a bit back: http://intplate.com/lucys-ridiculous...-t16-bis-list/

Trinkets are still up for grabs. Until we see how much spirit we really need with the HS change I think the options without spirit/blue sockets aren't significantly behind and may end up ahead.

edit: Damn you, Freia!!
    Last edited by Lucyrotten; 2013-08-21 at 09:21 PM.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miskat0nic View Post
    Your stat priority should be (spirit until your comfortable with your regen) > mastery. A lot of high end pallies are comfortable with 12k spirit with Horridon's trink and legendary meta gem. I don't have horridon's, so I run a little more to compensate (around 13.5k) and my mana is usually fine unless the raid fucks up. During progression, you'll want more spirit than usual to cover raid missteps.

Now take into account Holy Shock's mana reduction. That 4800 mana saved per cast equates to about 4300 spirit (according to the 5.4 PTR Holy discussion). Given that in normal 553 gear, you'll probably be at around 16-18k spirit easily, it would be safe to drop spirit off a piece or two for some mastery/haste offpieces.

Also note that the Holy Shock mana reduction puts the SH build back into playable, but taking the talent has issues in itself.

EDIT: Damn you, Freia and Lucy!

Considering most people do not gem spirit anymore, if you want more spirit you can always use more blue gems. I can do an actual comparison of the Boots given enough time later, but suffice it to say I would think TF (or WF if you prefer now) > Regular regardless of which one. The gear is all very close. Same most likely goes for the rings.

When comparing same item level boots I'm going to take a gander and say that we could wait until the dust settles a bit, and we actually have the same item level of all 3 boots, to say that by then we'll be more comfortable knowing what to take.

Spirit wise I will probably go back to ~16k or even higher for next tier. At this point with everything on farm low spirit builds are more viable but still I will finish some fights low on mana, will probably get more blue gems at least for the start, after Immerseus. The next 3 fights after that look brutal on mana, especially on H.

Yeah ok, for end of the tier-BiS I'd go for the mastery options, but I was looking at it more from the point of view what I was going for for progression, where people do fuck up. I run with 13k spirit now, and do fine 13/13, but it's farm. For progression I will want to have more spirit (I think, hard to tell yet :/)

I think your trinket 2 slot is a little debatable, but we will have to see how spirit and mana regen is looking for progression. I definitely wouldn't go with that trinket for farm, though, which is the only area where BiS really comes into play. Otherwise everything else matches exactly what I have on my BiS list.

BiS lists on farm are redundant and silly especially in the last raid tier of an expansion. The real reason to do it is to get an idea what's BiS is FOR progression so you know if it's actually good for you or if someone else will keep it forever. Obviously this only applies to shared loot of which we have very little when compared to other classes that share more of the loot table but it makes no sense to take someone else's bis ring when you'll be ditching it as soon as yours drops. I doubt anyone will be passing on the not-quite-perfect boots if they're an upgrade but not bis. It also helps to know what bosses to coin.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    BiS lists on farm are redundant and silly especially in the last raid tier of an expansion. The real reason to do it is to get an idea what's BiS is FOR progression so you know if it's actually good for you or if someone else will keep it forever. Obviously this only applies to shared loot of which we have very little when compared to other classes that share more of the loot table but it makes no sense to take someone else's bis ring when you'll be ditching it as soon as yours drops. I doubt anyone will be passing on the not-quite-perfect boots if they're an upgrade but not bis. It also helps to know what bosses to coin.
    This. However, they are also good (in my books) for motivating people to theorycraft which stats are best

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically GC confirmed that Garrosh weapons will be upgradeable. Garrosh mace will be BiS.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...54074150825987

Is the 4pc really worth going for? I remember the talk about it at the beginning of testing was about how it wasn't worth going for. Now with this piece being added Gauntlets of Insane Calculations wouldn't it be a good alternative?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bananers View Post
    Is the 4pc really worth going for? I remember the talk about it at the beginning of testing was about how it wasn't worth going for. Now with this piece being added Gauntlets of Insane Calculations wouldn't it be a good alternative?
    That was when it only lowered DF by 45 seconds and the mastery bonus was only 1500. It also had the placeholders which had the same stats as T15 so if you used 2p T15 and then mastery offset you were giving up nearly the same amount of mastery to get the 4p T16.