Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What are some good powdered drink mixes?

I'm looking for something that might be a little cheaper or a little healthier than soda, which I'm trying to cut out of my beverages; so if you guys have any suggestions that would be great.

I've tried powerade and gatorade powder and that sort of thing before, but I can never seem to stick with it for some reason. What do you guys think?

Something with caffeine would be good, since I'm going to have some serious caffeine withdrawal if I stop drinking soda.

I'm a huge fan of lemon/lime flavoured drinks as well.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2013-08-20 at 09:03 AM.

Try Tea? I mean it technically isn't powdered, but if you don't dump sugar into it, it will be quite a bit better for you than soda, and there are lots of different flavors, and many even have caffeine if you are an addict like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tea is really nice, you can even make Iced Tea. (i would advice you to try lemon)
    I would advice you to make it yourself, just make large pot of tea and put it in the fridge, put some ice in it.
    You can add sugar, but it would be better without.

Dont ever buy iced tea, thats rubbish (while it really tastes good, thats because of sugar).
    Home made iced tea is the best. You can even get like a lemon and squeeze its juice through.

Deleted
    What about plain old water? Never even seen powdered drinks in the UK apart from hot chocolate. Do you get diluting juice like Ribena or Robinson's?

nothing beats Tang.

growing boys need Tang. This is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    What about plain old water? Never even seen powdered drinks in the UK apart from hot chocolate. Do you get diluting juice like Ribena or Robinson's?
    No and no.

I can't drink tons of water a day like some people can. I need something with some flavour.

Tea is alright but its an acquired taste and one I'm not a huge fan of, but I guess I could try drinking it more. I know my brother loves making his own sun tea.

Deleted
    I've heard really good things about G Fuel. Powdered energy drink, and it comes in lemon/lime.
    It's supposed to be an energy drink that you can pour into water. It should be quite healthy because of no sugar etc. Just caffeine, that way you dont crash the same way.
    All the reviews i've read were really nice, but I haven't tried it yet. I wanted to purchase the other day but the lemon/lime flavour was sold out. So ill be ordering in 2 weeks when they said it would be back in stock.

Deleted
    Healthier than soda. Drinks gatorade. lol.. None of that crap is even remotely close to anything healthy.

Drink water like it´s your job. Your body will thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Healthier than soda. Drinks gatorade. lol.. None of that crap is even remotely close to anything healthy.

Drink water like it´s your job. Your body will thank you.
    The main idea is that I'd end up drinking less flavoured drinks because they'd be a little more hydrating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    The main idea is that I'd end up drinking less flavoured drinks because they'd be a little more hydrating.
    It´s still pretty much sugar water and certainly not good for "hydrating".. The sugar just makes you thirstier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I'm looking for something that might be a little cheaper or a little healthier than soda, which I'm trying to cut out of my beverages; so if you guys have any suggestions that would be great.

I've tried powerade and gatorade powder and that sort of thing before, but I can never seem to stick with it for some reason. What do you guys think?

Something with caffeine would be good, since I'm going to have some serious caffeine withdrawal if I stop drinking soda.

I'm a huge fan of lemon/lime flavoured drinks as well.
    What about Diet Soda?
    To be honest I think drinking Gatorade or Powerade would be just as bad as drinking normal soda, unless you are going to do some exercise after drinking it...the amount of sugar in energy drinks is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by The North Remembers View Post
    What about Diet Soda?
    To be honest I think drinking Gatorade or Powerade would be just as bad as drinking normal soda, unless you are going to do some exercise after drinking it...the amount of sugar in energy drinks is ridiculous.
    Diet soda isn't much better than regular soda

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't want to drink soda at the least avoid something with caffeine in it. You can flavor your water with Crystal Lite or other sugarless flavorings. Caffeine will help dehydrate you.

Or you could just learn to drink water for most of the day and have some sodas in-between.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    Diet soda isn't much better than regular soda
    I actually laugh at those thinking diet soda is a miracle drink to cut down with.

It's slightly slightly SLIGHTLY better, by just a marginal amount.

OT

Make your own smoothies! Or failing that, get a juice grater/ whatever you call it.

They seriously taste amazing...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I actually laugh at those thinking diet soda is a miracle drink to cut down with.

It's slightly slightly SLIGHTLY better, by just a marginal amount.

OT

Make your own smoothies! Or failing that, get a juice grater/ whatever you call it.

They seriously taste amazing...
    carefull man, smoothies are hella addictive ..... Don´t remember the last time I cooked at home lol. Been living on smoothies with added whey or cassein protein. Only eat solids for lunch at work

Deleted
    carefull man, smoothies are hella addictive ..... Don´t remember the last time I cooked at home lol. Been living on smoothies with added whey or cassein protein. Only eat solids for lunch at work
    Been eating like a pig bulking up, and smoothies with ice and milk and w/e else i throw in there...

Fuck it's like a drink from god himself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Been eating like a pig bulking up, and smoothies with ice and milk and w/e else i throw in there...

Fuck it's like a drink from god himself.
    Dat bulk phase. Wolf it all down and rinse with cream ... Personally I stay of "phases" and stay lean all year around. Will just change up the brown rice for potatoes and gravy if I need to pack on a little xtra

My fave metabolic smoothie:

1 apple, 1 pear, 1 banana, 3 carrots, some pineapple, some mango, chocolate whey protein, 0.6% milk and to get that metabolism up add some cayenne pepper and ginger.
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2013-08-20 at 01:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mix lemon+orange+apple+water and it works fine (in powder)
    And it also tastes better than normal already mixed juice.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Dat bulk phase. Wolf it all down and rinse with cream ... Personally I stay of "phases" and stay lean all year around. Will just change up the brown rice for potatoes and gravy if I need to pack on a little xtra
    Hah, i'm 6/6.1 so i've always been slim.

It's just now that i want to get big(ger).

I'm tired of brown rice and chicken though 2nd month in.

Deleted
    Diabetes says hello. There is substantial amount of evidence recently that suggests over intake of sugar, be it even from fruit, is really bad for you. Like en route to overtaking heart disease and cancer as the leading cause of death.

The whey protein smoothies are also packed with tonnes of crap sugar fillers in order to gain weight.