Thread: Weed vs Alcohol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    All things are OK in moderation. If it doesnt effect your family life and work, then go for it. Hell I know people who do cocaine during big projects and get shit done with a capital "D", but they don't use it for recreation. I knew a bunch of kids in college who would buy Ritilan and Adderol when crunch time came around. They all turned out to be decent people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    In fairness, the uses of weed in the medical world are still being researched - largely by independent people, but the results in neural conditions and the like are amazing.

Specifically in strokes, sadly though in America money speaks - hence the lack of interest.
    IMO the most amazing results are CBD´s effects on "seizure-diseases" like epilepsy.

And Hemp oil ingestion for cancer, and oil on bandaids for skin cancer etc. I´ll see if I can locate the documentary about that guy in Canada curing all sorts of shit with hemp oil, incl terminal cancer patients given hours to live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemii View Post
    Aside from having sex, getting absolutely hammered is mankind's oldest and most popular pastime. It's great fun. If you're not into that then good for you, but don't you dare try and ruin something billions of people love which leads to less or equal death and crime than many other hallmarks of our society (cars, money etc..)

I've tried weed a bit and personally I enjoy the high from alcohol a lot more.
    You don't see the damage that alcohol causes. I see it all the time in my field of work, and just because people don't die from every time it is ingested doesn't mean it is damage free.

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) 32,885 people died in traffic crashes in 2010 in the United States (latest figures available), including an estimated 10,228 people who died in drunk driving crashes, accounting for 31% of all traffic deaths last year.source
    Every 53 minutes on average, someone is killed in a drunk driving crash (9,878 people in total in 2011). Every 90 seconds, someone is injured because of this entirely preventable crime.source
    That quote doesn't give the numbers about drunk accidents so I'll do the math for you. One person every 90 second, 40 every hour, 960 every day, 6,720 every week, 28,880 every month, 322,560 every year. That is just from drunk driving.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

There are records from archeological finds proving that wine excisted around 7000 years ago. Alcoholic drinks have been a part of our lives for so long that banning it would be impossible. I am sure however, that if someone would create the first alcoholic drink at this point in time it would be labeled as a hard drug and become illegal in alot of countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mage of Rage View Post
    People generally forget alcohol is a poison and being drunk is a state of empoisonment.
    THC and CBD, the two active agents in marijuana, are not even comparable in terms of effects and potential damage.
    Weed is also a poison and can be / is as dangerous as alcohol, ie. drug-induced psychosis. If anyone told you otherwise, they'd be lying.

I've smoked weed during college, but never really liked it. I'd rather have some brewskies .

/ Z.

10+ Year Old Account
    While marijuana is legal in some countries, it isn't legal at a federal level here in the US, where MMOC is based. Therefore it is an illegal substance, and we don't allow discussion of it here.