Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Things that would bring me back into WoW

Hi,
    This is a list of things that if implemented into WoW would bring me and possibly others back to the game.

Ive quit WoW back in 2011 at the beginning of Cataclysm (started in april 2008) because I was disappointed of the lack of Wpvp because of flying mounts being introduced everywhere in Azeroth.

So this is the list :

1. The expansion to be The Dark Below and to be a little bit more mature oriented and dark themed ( enough of pandas and pokemon)

2. More impact on Wpvp, at least on PvP servers 3. No more dailies or at least fewer
    Better pvp balancing ( no more warlock healing and 2 shot hunter abilities or other crazy stuff)
    5. Hard heroics
    6. Flying mount restrictions on PvP servers only 7. More unique classes.

8. Item stat/dmg/hp squish

9. Longer BGs

10. New char models

That's it !

Call me oldschool or whatever but if these things were to be implemented
    I would gladly come back to the game. Im sure the sub numbers would also go up.

Thoughts?

Kinda disagree with #3. Dailies are good, but just don't gate GEAR behind them. I'm fine with mounts/cosmetic.

For #5, have you tried challenge mode dungeons (I assume you're talking about heroic dungeons)?

#6, flying mounts have been disabled in daily hubs for a long while now (think the molten front back in cata). Did you mean restrictions in low-level areas where everything is already imbalanced?

#7 I kinda agree on, I personally would love a support class but Blizzard doesn't like the idea.

#8 I think they announced they wanted to make one, but then again you never know when or if they'll do it.

#9 Yes, please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    Those things would bring you back for a couple of months, not more.Those are actually minor changes that require a lot of work and are not going to bring back your old feelings for the game, sorry.
    The game has changed and is probably not for you anymore... you quit 2 years ago and still thinking about it, move along.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    Those things would bring you back for a couple of months, not more.Those are actually minor changes that require a lot of work and are not going to bring back your old feelings for the game, sorry.
    The game has changed and is probably not for you anymore... you quit 2 years ago and still thinking about it, move along.
    The game changed but not for the better imho, and the sub loss shows it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typical post.

Couldn't take you serious after 1.
    If you actually paid any attention to the story, you would see Mists of Pandaria has a dark theme. It's filled with Anger, Despair, Hatred, etc etc and war and genocide. They aren't some cute cuddly race. Pokemon huh? Damn that's original.

2. and 3. are in 5.4
    Honestly not bothered with the rest.
    Don't expect it to change. It's millions of players obviously happy with the 'problems' > you, just incase you didn't know that.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

1. This would be nice. Even though the pokemon I don't even know exists, because I never partake in it, and never see it happening in the world.

2. It's pretty much a given that no one cares about world PvP because there are no rewards for it.

3. Dailies are optional. I don't understand why someone would want to get rid of optional content (see pokemon).

4. The game will never be balanced.

5. The thousands that left after the first few months of Cata disagree. There are hard heroics now, they're called Challenge Modes. Unfortunately, there's no reason to do them, because there's no tangible rewards.

6. You can't fly in Tol Barad, a huge PvP zone, yet little world PvP actually happened there in Cata. People did their dailies and went on their way. There is also no flying in all the areas that bring the Horde and Alliance together in the same place (Quel Danas, Tol Barad, Molten Front, Thunder Isle). There are already flying restrictions in place, yet it doesn't improve world pvp...because, surprise! Not enough people care about it, because there is no reward.

7. I agree.

8. I agree.

9. I don't PvP, but I can see the players of today quitting if there isn't an end in sight.

10. I agree.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    So more "maturity", more pvp and new models...

Well it's a PG12+, so the first won't happen. WoW has never been a pvp game, so that won't happen. The models however will happen... Oh and starting in '08 does not make you old school.

So yeah, enjoy your free time I'd say.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post

The sub losses are from making the game less casual friendly than it was in Wrath. Cataclysm started hard core. Millions left. Then by patch 4.3 the new 5 mans and dragon soul were easy mode, but the damage was already done. Mists of Pandaria is the most casual unfriendly expansion since Burning Crusade.

On top of the fact that more people are leaving the game, than joining. Blizzard has stated that the amount of players leaving the game hasn't really changed over the years. What has changed is the amount of new players the game is attracting -- which are a lot fewer.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nope. The sub loss shows that people left, it doesn't show why. There are thousands of reasons as to why someone would quit. Besides, the day of the MMO is over, they are all loosing subs - all of them.

1. The expansion to be The Dark Below and to be a little bit more mature oriented and dark themed ( enough of pandas and pokemon)
    Please define mature oriented. Is it just visual presentation? In that case you should have never played WoW...

2. More impact on Wpvp, at least on PvP servers
    They tried during TBC and it was not accepted.

3. No more dailies or at least fewer
    You don't daily quests, then don't do them? They are not mandatory.

4. Better pvp balancing ( no more warlock healing and 2 shot hunter abilities or other crazy stuff)
    PvP will never be belanced and it's much better balanced than during TBC oder WotLK.

5. Hard heroics
    They tried that at Cataclysm launch. The majority of players didn't want hard heroic. By the way, if you want hard heroics, why don't you play challenge mode?

6. Flying mount restrictions on PvP servers only
    Why?

7. More unique classes.
    There's enough uniqueness to classes. Just open your eyes.

*agree*

9. Longer BGs
    You want that, but not the majority.

10. New char models
    *agree*

I'd like to know how you can be sure sub numbers would go up if Blizzard would implement things the majority does not wand.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    1. This would be nice. Even though the pokemon I don't even know exists, because I never partake in it, and never see it happening in the world.

2. It's pretty much a given that no one cares about world PvP because there are no rewards for it.

3. Dailies are optional. I don't understand why someone would want to get rid of optional content (see pokemon).

4. The game will never be balanced.

5. The thousands that left after the first few months of Cata disagree. There are hard heroics now, they're called Challenge Modes. Unfortunately, there's no reason to do them, because there's no tangible rewards.

6. You can't fly in Tol Barad, a huge PvP zone, yet little world PvP actually happened there in Cata. People did their dailies and went on their way. There is also no flying in all the areas that bring the Horde and Alliance together in the same place (Quel Danas, Tol Barad, Molten Front, Thunder Isle). There are already flying restrictions in place, yet it doesn't improve world pvp...because, surprise! Not enough people care about it, because there is no reward.

7. I agree.

8. I agree.

9. I don't PvP, but I can see the players of today quitting if there isn't an end in sight.

10. I agree.
    5.4 will reward World PvP, you get most coins from killing players on the isle but you can do it anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    11. wait for project titan

Changes probably have very little to do with the subscription losses.

...Lots of dark themes in this "panda and pokemon" expansion.

2. More impact on Wpvp, at least on PvP servers
    Ummm sure?

3. No more dailies or at least fewer
    Dailies aren't bad.

4. Better pvp balancing ( no more warlock healing and 2 shot hunter abilities or other crazy stuff)
    Balance is always good.

5. Hard heroics

6. Flying mount restrictions on PvP servers only
    Silliness

7. More unique classes.
    Will make 4 harder.

Sure

9. Longer BGs
    sure

10. New char models
    Aren't those already in the works

None of that list makes you old school =P This won't move the subscription numbers =P
    Last edited by gamingmuscle; 2013-08-19 at 10:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Hi,
    This is a list of things that if implemented into WoW would bring me and possibly others back to the game.

Ive quit WoW back in 2011 at the beginning of Cataclysm (started in april 2008) because I was disappointed of the lack of Wpvp because of flying mounts being introduced everywhere in Azeroth.

So this is the list :

2. More impact on Wpvp, at least on PvP servers 3. No more dailies or at least fewer
    Better pvp balancing ( no more warlock healing and 2 shot hunter abilities or other crazy stuff)
    5. Hard heroics
    6. Flying mount restrictions on PvP servers only 7. More unique classes.

9. Longer BGs

10. New char models

That's it !

Thoughts?
    5. Challenge modes
    3. Timeless isle.
    1. (If you read the story text) Theres a lot of brutal mutilation, execution, torture, and much suffering.

- - - Updated - - -

Sub loss has several factors to it. One this game is quite old, and age has taken some factors. 8 or so years, players lives change, and people get bored of the same stuff.

Deleted
    I would love to see more world PvP but remember that isle of quel'danas was one of the greatest place to PvP back in TBC (if you ask me).... and that island were based on dailies.

Deleted
    The sub loss is actually pretty low compared to the other games of the same genre, let alone the games of the same era.
    People that have played the game as long as you (and I) did are supposed to quit at a certain point. Those changes (except the new models, pvp balancing and item squish which are probably needed and coming) are going to make the newcomers quit.
    Going back in time in terms of game development makes no sense and is a wrong choice marketing-wise.

On a side note, if they bring back flying restruction I am probably going to quit the game while you are coming back... it's a 1 for 1.
    I'm grown up and I have better things to do, both in game and IRL, than slowly walking from one point to another just because you like to gank people.

I made a list like this when I left.

None of these things were on that list.

Some of the things I wanted are now in the game, and it turned out they weren't really enough to bring me back.

It turns out the only thing that would get me to come back to mmo's at all was a completely different game in a completely different format and no memory of Warcraft anywhere around. Why try to spoil other people's fun, just look for the game that suits you, mourn the death of the game you liked, and move on.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zluu View Post
    11. wait for project titan
    I think waiting for pigs to fly would be more profitable honestly.

Deleted
    After playing a shit load of GW2 and coming back to WoW, it really struck me what was wrong imo.

1. Ppl are so fucking unfriendly and steal each other kills, nods w/e. Instead of enabling shared loot, kill. Don't think it can work, try GW2. Works like a fucking charm.
    2. Wait.. that's it. There a some few things, some extra mouseclicks here and there. But shared loot, xp, target would really make this game that "work-together" feeling it soo needs.

MoP is one of the darker expansions without question...

I love when people try to pull this angle and they clearly have no idea what they're talking about.