Max Payne 3 and Tomb Raider (the reboot), your opinions please.

Already bought Max Payne 3, past the first chapter.

Thinking about picking up Tomb Raider today.

I'd like to hear what people thought of these two games.

Haven't played MP3, so I cannot comment on it.

Tomb Raider, as a game, is quite fun and entertaining. Tomb Raider as a reboot to the Tomb Raider franchise is a complete mess and is, for a lack of better words, abysmal. If you never cared for Tomb Raider, or never played any of them and never plan on trying them out, then I'd say you'll probably get some enjoyment out of the game. Let me clarify that it's not a bad game, it's just a bad Tomb Raider. I picked it up when it was on sale, and I'm glad to have played through the game. Hopefully this makes sense to you.

You're lucky that I'm the kind of man who plays console 3rd person shooter games for their story. So I've played both.

Max Payne 3 was cool. It got a lot of heat for the constant cut scenes but I thought they were nice breaks. The action was pretty cool I guess but I feel like I constantly had to be under cover, though the whole bullet time system and Rockstar stated that cover was optional, I never felt like that. The story was pretty solid though.

Tomb Raider was awesome, the combat wasn't too hard (it gets really ramped up at the end of the game though), but the most important part, rather than the action, is the feeling of the island and the survivor mentality. I had to play it walking through areas really slowly to get the full effect. There weren't a lot of puzzles, which made me sad, but whatever. Still an awesome game.