Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The 5th and final Old God?

Now, depending on which source you choose to accept there are 3-5 Old Gods on Azeroth (we know there's at least 4 now).

Obviously we know C'Thun, Yogg, Y'shaarj and Nzoth.

However, what if there actually was a 5th, and he was the most scheming of all.

Once we deal with N'Zoth (which I imagine we will within 2 years) that will be the Old God threat all but eradicated, unless something major happens to free the defeated Old Gods, which is a bit sad.

What if, all along, we'd been getting corrupted by a 5th Old God.

We know C'Thun Yogg and N'zoth were once at war and then chose to make an alliance, what if a 5th God existed somewhere on Azeroth and he had been using us all along to fight his war against that alliance and he will only make his presence felt once his competitors (the 3 mentioned before) were killed/beaten down for a long, long time.

It's all speculation obviously, but I think it'd be an interesting plot point to have one who has remained hidden and separated all this time plotting his master plan.

EDIT: By final I obviously mean on Azeroth, it appears there's 1000s of them in the universe

10+ Year Old Account
    The what if game is always fun to play.

What if the Titans created an old god mother and father who had babies and spawned mini old gods who then grew up to be Yogg Saron, C'thun, Y'sarrj and N'zoth. What if we havent even met the parents yet?
    Hi

Maybe I am wrong, but I thought if all the old gods were killed on Azeroth the planet would blow up, that's why the Titans locked them away instead of killing them... Can anyone confirm this?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macabre101 View Post
    Maybe I am wrong, but I thought if all the old gods were killed on Azeroth the planet would blow up, that's why the Titans locked them away instead of killing them... Can anyone confirm this?
    Well not exactly blown up however you can tell the lingering effects it had when you kill an old god - aka Yarsharj. Meaning the Sha which are the remains of the old god itself rather It's essence

Quote Originally Posted by Macabre101 View Post
    I think it is meant more in way that the Death of an Old God has terrible consequences for Azeroth, killing them all pretty much result in a dead planet, beyond saving.

Seems more logical considering that Y'shaarj's Death cursed Pandaria, Yogg-saron's death is rumored to allow Deathwing to trigger the cataclysm (SPECULATED, but Yogg-sarons death quote makes sense under this view).

What the Consequence of C'thuns death may be seen, or he feigned death again.

Thanks for clearing it up guys. I just remember reading something like that when C'thun first was released in vanilla wow.

Deleted
    Leave that role to N'Zoth himself. Blizzard seems to build him up to something much bigger than his colleagues.

10+ Year Old Account
    it seems that each has a continent that it "rules" over with the exception being n'zoth since its very much implied that he is near the maelstrom. if we go by that there should be at least 1 more. we dont have one in eastern kingdoms but its speculated that tirisfal glades has something under it.

that would give us....

c'thun on kalimdor
    yogg on northrend
    yshaarj on pandaria
    n'zoth in the maelstrom
    unknown in eastern kingdoms.

all of this assuming that all the continents we know of are the only major landmasses of azeroth. personally i dont think we will get another full fledged continent on azeroth but who knows. blizzard can do anything they want.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only one old god has been killed, and that was Y'shaarj. With C'thun and Yogg Saron, we have merely battled a small portion of them and did not kill them at all. We merely put them back to sleep. We have yet to battle N'zoth, and there is rumored to be an old god under Tirisfal as well. There are also old gods all across the cosmos and we have seen what can happen when they are killed by what happened to the Outlands we visited during TBC.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think it is meant more in way that the Death of an Old God has terrible consequences for Azeroth, killing them all pretty much result in a dead planet, beyond saving.

Seems more logical considering that Y'shaarj's Death cursed Pandaria, Yogg-saron's death is rumored to allow Deathwing to trigger the cataclysm (SPECULATED, but Yogg-sarons death quote makes sense under this view).

What the Consequence of C'thuns death may be seen, or he feigned death again.
    as far as i know....yogg isnt dead. we sure as hell arent powerful enough to kill him by normal means. unless something happened in the lore to him after we fight him. he is very much alive. hell even cthun isnt quite dead i dont think. hes "died" before and just got right back up (with outside help of course)

the only confirmed dead old god is yshaarj and it took the titans to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post

it took Ra-den and a stone mogu army to kill him and his mantid.
    An Old God which seem to have a serious power over emotions is quite weak vs. Being that have no emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    it seems that each has a continent that it "rules" over with the exception being n'zoth since its very much implied that he is near the maelstrom. if we go by that there should be at least 1 more. we dont have one in eastern kingdoms but its speculated that tirisfal glades has something under it.

that would give us....

c'thun on kalimdor
    yogg on northrend
    yshaarj on pandaria
    n'zoth in the maelstrom
    unknown in eastern kingdoms.

all of this assuming that all the continents we know of are the only major landmasses of azeroth. personally i dont think we will get another full fledged continent on azeroth but who knows. blizzard can do anything they want.
    The current continental separation is the result of the sundering. So unless the oldgod tentacles old their own territory into a single piece like the roots of a tree would, the separation of the continents are likely to be "random" geological cause.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is about the best you are gonna get as far as credibility goes. unless blizzard comes out and says something in a blue post 9which they wont) this is all we have to go by.

http://wowpedia.org/Old_Gods

the only in game fact i can bring is the herald volazj quote "they do not die; they do not live. they are outside the cycle"

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where is that one user who was a mod for a while on this site and had imagined that Azeroth itself is an even bigger Old God...

It *does* make sense, when you really think about it.

Now I wish I had bookmarked all of his sources and everything. Azeroth is basically a special place and the Titans more or less locked it down, had they destroyed it... so much more would have been unleashed, basically.

Or something to that effect.

/scratches head
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    The current continental separation is the result of the sundering. So unless the oldgod tentacles old their own territory into a single piece like the roots of a tree would, the separation of the continents are likely to be "random" geological cause.
    fairly certain they can move about freely. and since they dont really get along, im sure each would try and carve out its own piece of the new planet after the sundering. thats doesnt really prove there are more than 4 though. doesnt dispove it either though. this is all just speculation.

there could be 2 on each landmass, even 3. or there could only be the 4 and eastern kingdoms is just untouched by them. or maybe they are afraid of the thing in tirisfal glades since its not old god related. no one but blizzard knows and honestly they probably dont even know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    I turned C'thun's eye in for a quest. He's not getting it back.
    I turned kel'thuzad's phylactery in for a quest and he got it back.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Have we seen a whole old god anywhere? If I recall right it's just "heads" everywhere. Now what if it's just 1 god and what we have seen are it's heads(eyes) popping out all over the azeroth, thus killing one just blinds it in that area. Now killing it completely would really mean collapsing of the whole azeroth in it self, the old god being the core of the planet.

About the whole death thing with the old gods, you have to remember that they were basically lifting ideas from Lovecraft left and right. Death is meaningless for the gods in lovecraft as technically it is primarily a period of in-activeness until something stirs them.

Plus the "killing" of Yshaaj released something that is unleash upon negative emotion, so technically they can just have any sort of sha spawn at any time, leading to an unending line of things for the titans to deal with, which is probably why they refuse to kill them as they have made it known that they are willing to hit the reset button on Az more than once, the Titans are kinda pricks like that.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I turned kel'thuzad's phylactery in for a quest and he got it back.
    I also turned onyxia's head in.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Where is that one user who was a mod for a while on this site and had imagined that Azeroth itself is an even bigger Old God...

It *does* make sense, when you really think about it.

Now I wish I had bookmarked all of his sources and everything. Azeroth is basically a special place and the Titans more or less locked it down, had they destroyed it... so much more would have been unleashed, basically.

Or something to that effect.

/scratches head
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/11/06/kn...is-of-azeroth/

Enjoy the read. Also, it says tinfoil hat edition for a reason.