Page 1 of 38
... LastLast

LFR -> Flex -> Normal -> Heroic: Why?

Before I rant --- I love the idea of flex - I think it should be implemented for all difficulty levels.

I hate having multiple difficulty levels. Does anybody seriously enjoy killing the same damn boss 100+ times per tier?

Solution: One difficulty (heroic) with flex. Every month, any bosses that have been killed by at least 100 different guilds take a 10% nerf. Top end guilds can still push for rankings without worry, and the casuals can still see all content before next tier, and EVERYBODY gets excited when they kill a boss (if anybody even remembers that feeling)....

And who cares about perfectly balancing flex --- let the top end guilds play around with the numbers & compositions themselves.
    Last edited by superdooper; 2013-08-20 at 05:19 PM.

noone is force you to do all 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Because the playerbase is very diverse. That's why.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

15+ Year Old Account
    If ur an Heroic raider why would u do LFR and Flex?? (except maybe for alts)
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Questions... whats the ilevel requirement for Flex, and how much harder is 25 man Normal compared to 25 man Flex

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    If ur an Heroic raider why would u do LFR and Flex?? (except maybe for alts)
    Flex for the tier bonuses.

Why would it make sense to nerf something that is difficult because you aren't good enough to complete it? Believe it or not, there are people that like going up against consistently challenging bosses.
    Zhulrak
    Kil'jaeden-US

For more chances at getting the legendary things needed to drop?

Quote Originally Posted by superdooper View Post
    Before I rant --- I love the idea of flex - I think it should be implemented for all difficulty levels.

I hate having multiple difficulty levels. Does anybody seriously enjoy killing the same damn boss 100+ times per tier?

Solution: One difficulty (heroic) with flex. Every month, any bosses that have been killed by at least 100 different guilds take a 10% nerf. Top end guilds can still push for rankings without worry, and the casuals can still see all content before next tier, and EVERYBODY gets excited when they kill a boss (if anybody even remembers that feeling)....

And who cares about perfectly balancing flex --- let the top end guilds play around with the numbers & compositions themselves.
    Because Blizzard seemingly doesn't quite understand how their playerbase works.. or doesn't care. They seem to constantly go out of their way to try and get people to raid, which is, even with LFR still, an activity in the game with fairly low participation, yet they focus almost all of their efforts on raiding content. One must really ask theirselves: What the flipping hell is wrong with Blizzard, and why do they do this?

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    For more chances at getting the legendary things needed to drop?
    If you are up to date with the legendary, there is no need to even touch the new raid to get your Legendary Cloak.

I should really find something worthwhile to put here now...

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    noone is force you to do all 4
    Yes and no. While right now, if you are in full HTF double upgraded gear you probably won't be looking at LFR much in 5.4 (depending on the 4pc/op trinkets I guess) you will next expansion. Anyone who is serious about progression is going to raid as much as possible to replace dungeon blues with much desired bonuses. Sure, no one makes you log into WoW, no one makes you read how to play, no one makes you prepare for raids with flasks, potions, food buffs. But why wouldn't you? Surely you would want to give you guild every edge you can personally contribute you to? I mean, there are 24 other people relying on you not to be a shit bag. Force? No. Expected? Sure, why not expect raiders to put in equal time and effort.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superdooper View Post
    Kill each boss only once per lockout. You're not "forced" to do more.

If you're trying to be server 13th instead of 14th and you need gear to make up for a lack of ability/practice/low latency/GM's girlfriend in raid then you can run the extra difficulties, but that is your choice. Your choice.

Actually, Flex is gonna do what LFR was suposed to... Be the replacement for WOLK 10 man raiding. AKA, the difficulty you play with friends and famly.

Thing is, LFR didn't serve this purpose, because even with an easier seeting, people still wanted to raid in organized groups and still overcome challenges. LFR is anything but organized or challenging.

A huge gap was created between LFR and Normal modes. LFR too easy, and Normal too hard. Thus came Flex mode. And since LFR already exists, blizzard will not remove it.

Think about it this way...

- LFR = LOLmode, see content, people who want to play solo or don't want to enter guilds
    - Flex = Old 10 man mode from WOLK, easy setting
    - Normal = Old 25 man mode from WOLK, normal setting
    - heroic = Old 25 man Heroic mode from WOLK, hard setting

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    I mean, there are 24 other people relying on you not to be a shit bag. Force? No. Expected? Sure, why not expect raiders to put in equal time and effort.
    How about if your raid leader tells you:

"Do not run Flex or LFR."

Would that stop you?

No you go normal>heroic with maybe some lfr/flex at the start of the tier. LFR and flex is just for people who don't have time for a regular raidteam or for alts imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    Questions... whats the ilevel requirement for Flex, and how much harder is 25 man Normal compared to 25 man Flex
    No ilvl requirement, you can similarly walk into normal or heroic ToT as soon as you hit 90. It doesn't use any sort of queuing system. LFR needs an ilvl requirement because you are being queued with 24 other people in a completely unarranged manner.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    How about if your raid leader tells you:

"Do not run Flex or LFR."

Would that stop you?
    So I'm in a raiding guild where my raid leader doesn't want his players to have the most optimal gear that will help our progression? Gear is a nerf to content, the more gear you get the easier things become. I don't remember hearing someone say "We are going to lock our raid out on xxx final boss this week and skip a weeks worth of heroic gear because we don't want/need it".

Maybe he would say not to use flasks or food on progression attempts, which I've been in guilds that have said that (esp Heroic Rag attempts that didn't even reach p4). Did I still do it? Yes. Does that make me a try hard? I suppose, how dare I want to perform my role efficiently so I'm not wasting my guild mates time.
    Last edited by NoRest4Wicked; 2013-08-20 at 05:50 PM.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Because Blizzard seemingly doesn't quite understand how their playerbase works.. or doesn't care. They seem to constantly go out of their way to try and get people to raid, which is, even with LFR still, an activity in the game with fairly low participation, yet they focus almost all of their efforts on raiding content. One must really ask theirselves: What the flipping hell is wrong with Blizzard, and why do they do this?
    I don't usually delve into these type threads, but I have to ask, oh wise forum-poster who speaks for the masses, what should Blizzard focus their development efforts and budget on?

Dailies? PVP? Pet Battles? Professions? Leveling?

What is something that gives progression and longevity to the game, that has multiple iterations of difficulty and entry, and that allows players of SOME portion of the playerbase a path to progress their character over time without huge barriers to entry?

With 6/7/10/12mil subscribers, you can never please everyone ALL the time. That's foolish and would be folly to try. Instead, most wise business models try to offer as much as they can to as many people as possible, in as many different ways as possible to promote repeat purchases/customers.

Obviously raiding isn't a panacaea to solve any issues, but it does tick many of those boxes for a lot of players on whatever difficulty they choose to raid.

But, clearly, you have a better idea. So....let's have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Never understood why people complain about more options. Whatever.

Maybe you don't have the time for heroic or normal so you do lfr, or maybe you have too many people for one and not enough for another difficulty, or you want more of a challenge with normal and heroic. You don't have to do all the difficulties and fight the same bosses of the tier 100+ per tier(even though I mean.. isn't that what you are doing on normal mode and onto heroic mode?) you can do it on the prefer difficulty. It enables people who want to see the content to see it or people who want the challenge of it to have that challenge, along with if you ever wanna do an alt but don't wanna get to serious into raiding lfr works.

More chance for gear drops i dont see the problem