Thread: Season 4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Do you think that something different then Java would be a good idea?

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been doing some thinking lately. Given the fact that my time is a lot more limited with work and RL obligations now, I may changeup the series and how i proceed.

The original goal was to do another tech series using all the latest mods and do things that way. Since some mods refuse to update to 1.6.2 even after promises and what not I've decided to wait and do a differnt kind of LP.

I'm thinking about focusing on Magic.

Since two major MC mods dealing with Magic are due out in the coming weeks this would be a great place to start as well as show them off. Of course I'm talking about Ars Magica 2 and Thaumcraft 4.

In addition to that I'm looking at compiling EE3 for 1.6.4 to see how it's coming along. I also plan to use things like Thaumic Tinkerer as well. I'll also be using other things like Iron Chests to make things easier. Still debating on what other mods to use, but things like IC2, Buildcraft, Forestry, AE etc won't be part of it.

I still would like to do another tech series, but the mods aren't where I need them all to be at this point. Hopefully in the future this resolves and I can do a tech series. I plan to actually play some tech stuff in my off-time and get caught up on all the changes, but I would be recording that for LP, I may do some spotlights if I feel comfortable enough with it.

Sorry for all the sudden changes. RL has a way of foiling plans and so does instability and bugs. I think a smaller aproach will be better for me and the viewers in the long run as I'll be able to focus on specific things. I still plan on using decorative mods too and make some cool structures

I'll do a bit of testing with everything minus the magic mods that I'm waiting for soon.

Tentative Mod List:

Ars Magica 2
    Thaumcraft 4
    EE3
    Tinkers Construct
    Thaumic Tinkerer
    Biomes O Plenty
    Natura
    Bibliocraft
    Carpenter Blocks
    MrCrayfish's Furniture Mod
    Infinibows
    Iron Chests
    Blood Magic

more to come, possibly. I don't want a huge pack for both performance and sanity issues.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2013-09-26 at 05:40 PM.

I like the Magic themed LP idea. A lot of the magic mods I'm unfamiliar with, so I'd watch to learn all the ins and outs of the various mods. Count me in as a guaranteed viewer!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rckymtnrfc View Post
    I like the Magic themed LP idea. A lot of the magic mods I'm unfamiliar with, so I'd watch to learn all the ins and outs of the various mods. Count me in as a guaranteed viewer!
    Cool. This is pretty much my guaranteed course at this point. As soon as TC4 and AM2 lauch I'm starting. Looking forward to not relying on tech as much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Radarforhomys asked for the modlist for what I'm doing now, so here goes:

• ArmorStatusHUD
    • StatusEffectHUD
    • bspkrscore
    • MrCrayfish's Furniture Mod
    • Ars Magica 2
    • Barrels Mod
    • Blood Magic
    • Carpenter Blocks
    • Chicken Chunks
    • Chococraft
    • CCC
    • Craftable Horse Armor
    • Inventory Tweaks
    • Iron Chests
    • Mystcraft
    • Natura
    • NEI
    • Project Bench
    • SKC Core
    • Small Boats
    • Tinkers Construct
    • Thaumcraft 4
    • Thaumic Tinkerer
    • Twilight Forest
    • Waila

Might be adding a few more here or there. Not doing any tech this time though. Kinda fed up with those mods.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's Episode 1 for those interested in that too:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh.. Forgot Bibliocraft... :P