Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I've had more exotics drop in this latest patch for me than the time spent playing the game since release (other than the garbage Southsun exotic rings that dropped during that event). Unfortunately the exotics I've gotten are worth diddly squat.

Game is super alive and kicking. Love the community. But don't forget one thing: The game will be as fun as you want it to be. If you sit around in LA all day doing a dungeon/Fractal every now and then you're going to miss a lot of the gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I quit WoW recently because I don't like MoP. I don't plan on playing it again so I went ahead and tried some other MMOs since I was mainly playing Starcraft and Dota. First I tried SWTOR since it's free. I couldn't help but feel like I was playing a single player game as I kept leveling up. So now I'm trying GW2 probably the best contender. I didn't feel like waiting for the F2P weekend so I just went ahead and bought it.

My biggest question is, does the game still have a lot of people playing it and in general is it a worthy investment of my time that won't become another washed up dead MMO?
    How do you like it?
    I just logged back in to try solo queue pvp. It's broken. Thieves still get away with faceroll heartseeker spam, cba playing it at all. The balance is horrible in this game, and thieves are their biggest failure in that field. Game back on shelf again, Im currently playing dota 2 atm and I guess a little rift pvp is better than the gw2 one... no competitive play unfortunately but at least some variety in what people play and what you can play yourself.
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    How do you like it?
    guess a little rift pvp is better than the gw2 one... no competitive play unfortunately but at least some variety in what people play and what you can play yourself.
    This... exactly this why i`m so sad about Rift pvp.
    Its such a good game, but lacks any sort of effort-reward scenario.
    You can just afk and grind gear. Once u reach max level on prestige, then what? /flex? /rawr?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    How do you like it?
    I just logged back in to try solo queue pvp. It's broken. Thieves still get away with faceroll heartseeker spam, cba playing it at all. The balance is horrible in this game, and thieves are their biggest failure in that field. Game back on shelf again, Im currently playing dota 2 atm and I guess a little rift pvp is better than the gw2 one... no competitive play unfortunately but at least some variety in what people play and what you can play yourself.
    How is rift these days? I have been debating reinstalling it since its f2p now. Loved the pvp back in "vanilla" rift. However I only hit level 38 and stopped playing attention to the game after I quit due to not paying for two sub based games. You can PM me if you'd like so it doesn't derail the thread potentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    This... exactly this why i`m so sad about Rift pvp.
    Its such a good game, but lacks any sort of effort-reward scenario.
    You can just afk and grind gear. Once u reach max level on prestige, then what? /flex? /rawr?
    1) This is a GW2 sub-forum, Rift subforums are that way ----->
    2) In general, the point of any game should be to have fun - the rewards should be bonus. Sure, some rewards will influence how you play, but the rewards should not be the reason for playing, they should just be, well, a reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    1) This is a GW2 sub-forum, Rift subforums are that way ----->
    2) In general, the point of any game should be to have fun - the rewards should be bonus. Sure, some rewards will influence how you play, but the rewards should not be the reason for playing, they should just be, well, a reward.
    Agree on point 1, my bad, just had to squeeze it while reading about Rift.

Point 2 is a person to person issue. I played WoW pvp only because i wanted the gladiator titles which i did.
    I played LoL only to get to diamond, which i did.
    Shortly afterwards i had nothing to look forward to, and hence i quit the games.

For me, there is nothing greater than a reward (title or special item or a recognizable skill-based feat) to push my limit(s) to get into the top 10% of a game.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as GW2 pvp goes, the game is only fun competitively if you play in a 5v5 team and are active socially in that circle.
    Soloquing and playing unbalanced teams isn`t a lot of fun. Especially since the ppl you`ll face are those who have grinded pvp as much as you have; there is nothing to distinguish a skillful player from a bad player. Same as Rift. This was my point overall.

It's still very much alive! I just login every now and again to chip away at my daily achievements and take part in the monthly events.