Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Guild Wars 2 Free Trial | August 23 – 25, 2013

https://register.guildwars2.com/trial

For people wanting to try before buy
    Last edited by mmoc1319205971; 2013-08-16 at 01:24 PM.

Deleted
    This couldn't have come in a better moment. I was just sitting @ with some money nothing to spend on and really wanted to test the game one more time before giving it a go.
    One question though : will I be able to participate and login in the beta weekend with my already existing account ( which I already played on the previous beta weekend ) ?

edit : Nvm, found my answer : If you played in any of our previous free trial events, you’re invited too! Your former free trial account will be active for the August 23-25 event. To prepare, just update your game client by double-clicking the Guild Wars 2 icon on your desktop, or go to https://account.guildwars2.com/ and sign in to download and install the game again!
    Last edited by mmoc30581c569a; 2013-08-17 at 06:49 AM.

Woah, that's alot of content.

I'm happy about this =)

For several reasons I STILL haven't been able to get the game (Which means I've missed on a ton of one-time-only temporal content) but a little trial will be a teensy consolation prize.

in other news, even though my momma told me never to gloat, in this case I'll make a clear-cut exception :P

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post18178235

IN YOUR FACE CHARLIE!!!!!

(yes yes, he's gone, but come on >_< he creeped me out back then)

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Hehe, there has actually been a couple of free trials so far. One at the end of 2012 and one in April this year

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I´m really looking forward to this Tried it once on a friends account but it didn´t really grab my attention due to playing WoW at that time.

Also : YIPIIIIEEEEE

Hopefully this time we wont get info that our Full accounts will expire after 25th .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protonet View Post

Also : YIPIIIIEEEEE
    Woohooo ;D

I was really looking forward to this but then I was convinced to buy FFXIV and early access starts a few hours after this trial starts... I have GW2 already downloaded and ready to go, at least I can have a look around for a few hours till ppl start screaming at me to join FFXIV.

I missed the previous trial in April and I was really looking forward to this.. oh well! Choices choices...

bout time there's a trial. finally gonna get to see if i want to buy it.

Sigh. I went to register for the trial account, and it won't let me cause both my existing emails are linked to GW1 accounts. So because I played the first game, that actually makes it HARDER for me to try the second, not easier? Something seems wrong about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Sigh. I went to register for the trial account, and it won't let me cause both my existing emails are linked to GW1 accounts. So because I played the first game, that actually makes it HARDER for me to try the second, not easier? Something seems wrong about that.
    mmm thats weird cuz arent they letting players who played in the previous trial weekend play again? or is it not the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    mmm thats weird cuz arent they letting players who played in the previous trial weekend play again? or is it not the same problem?
    I didn't play in the previous trial weekend. My email addresses are linked to Guild Wars 1 accounts, not a previous trial account.

I'm having this EXACT same issue. I played GW1. But because my email is tied to the GW1 account, it won't let me register for GW2 free trial. When I click "Having trouble?", the next page asks for my GW2 serial number and character name. Um, hello, I've never played GW2. =(

Very frustrating to say the least.

I sent a "Ask a Question" ticket only minutes ago. I'll post an update when I get one.
    Last edited by mber341; 2013-08-24 at 02:43 AM.

I had account for beta tests but now I can't use it for trial registration, nor it allows me to login into game with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mber341 View Post
    I'm having this EXACT same issue. I played GW1. But because my email is tied to the GW1 account, it won't let me register for GW2 free trial. When I click "Having trouble?", the next page asks for my GW2 serial number and character name. Um, hello, I've never played GW2. =(

Very frustrating to say the least.

I sent a "Ask a Question" ticket only minutes ago. I'll post an update when I get one.
    I got an update from their support function-straight up said if I want to play in the free trial, I'll have to create a new email address, as we are not allowed to sign up for the trial with an email linked to a GW1 account. That's totally awesome how I'm penalized because I played their previous game, just lovely. If that's the kind of support Anet currently shows for it's longtime players, I guess Guild Wars 2 probably isn't the game for me.

i love the free trails of gw2 but there is 1 thing that always bothers me the story missions have such a huge lvl gap between them and you run very quick out of quests to do.

If that's the kind of support Anet currently shows for it's longtime players, I guess Guild Wars 2 probably isn't the game for me.
    Thanks for the update, they still haven't gotten back to me. I'm afraid I'd have to agree with the above quote. I've had support issues with GW1 years ago and this current problem is reminding me of that. If that's how they are, I want no part.

Shame too, I was seriously considering purchasing this game.

It's a technical issue. It's pretty easy to set up a new gmail account and then link the gw1 account after the trial.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    It's a technical issue. It's pretty easy to set up a new gmail account and then link the gw1 account after the trial.
    That's the thing-I shouldn't HAVE to create a new email account to try their game. The sad thing is, if I HADN'T spent ~$350 on Guild Wars 1(2x Prophs at full price, 2x Factions at full price, 2x NF at full price, 1x EotN at full price, plus a character slot and a vault tab) I wouldn't need to create a new email and would be able to play the trial without issue. That's what makes it so annoying-I'm being penalized for being a former player, what sort of sense does that make?