Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I could not have imagined now many there actually is playing untill now that they turned off culling, it's crazy haha

high pop servers feel dead as hell except for around where the new content is for the 2-4 week period
    chat stays dead

i just leveled 60-80 last week and saw 10 people total, 2 were bots, go to the queen's pavilion and there were about 25-30 people there at most times

gw2 pve is really, really, really bad outside the personal story, which isn't great but i liked it enough to do it. the pvp is fun but the game just feels dead compared to wow in its heyday, but wow feels dead compared to that too

it's about the same as wow though, people all hang out doing whatever is new and afk somewhere the rest of the time

90% of the time orr is controlled by the risen because of the lack of people there to do the events. the other 10% of the time it's a 1-2 run loop of people killing all the champs then that ends and back to the risen orr

i'm on anvil rock which is usually high to very high
    Last edited by mmotroof; 2013-08-21 at 10:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmotroof View Post
    high pop servers feel dead as hell except for around where the new content is for the 2-4 week period
    chat stays dead

i just leveled 60-80 last week and saw 10 people total, 2 were bots, go to the queen's pavilion and there were about 25-30 people there at most times

gw2 pve is really, really, really bad outside the personal story, which isn't great but i liked it enough to do it. the pvp is fun but the game just feels dead compared to wow in its heyday, but wow feels dead compared to that too

it's about the same as wow though, people all hang out doing whatever is new and afk somewhere the rest of the time

90% of the time orr is controlled by the risen because of the lack of people there to do the events. the other 10% of the time it's a 1-2 run loop of people killing all the champs then that ends and back to the risen orr

i'm on anvil rock which is usually high to very high
    Riiiight.
    http://i.imgur.com/DP5JGpv.jpg <---took 2 mins ago
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Riiiight.
    http://i.imgur.com/DP5JGpv.jpg <---took 2 mins ago
    21 of those nameplates are pets and NPCs

it's obvious you're doing everything you can to make it look like more people, that's fine, doesn't change reality, out in the world, there aren't a lot of people. i just guested to your server, went to orr and there were 7 waypoints that were contested lol. that means there aren't enough people in orr who care to take them back, or "do the events"

it's like wow, people all do the same 2 or 3 things and ignore most of the world. it's a problem MMORPG devs need to address

wvwvw at 10pm had 18 people total, 3 from my "high pop" server, 11 from another server and 5 from the other.
    game suffers from what wow does, "afk-in-city-itis"

Yes, the game is lively. Hope you enjoy SoR. I have a guildie on there and he says the WvWvW is very intense. Having been in top tiers before, I know that to be true.

(Just hope you don't have angry commanders.)

Quote Originally Posted by mmotroof View Post
    21 of those nameplates are pets and NPCs

it's obvious you're doing everything you can to make it look like more people, that's fine, doesn't change reality, out in the world, there aren't a lot of people. i just guested to your server, went to orr and there were 7 waypoints that were contested lol. that means there aren't enough people in orr who care to take them back, or "do the events"

it's like wow, people all do the same 2 or 3 things and ignore most of the world. it's a problem MMORPG devs need to address

wvwvw at 10pm had 18 people total, 3 from my "high pop" server, 11 from another server and 5 from the other.
    game suffers from what wow does, "afk-in-city-itis"
    Orr had it's heyday, but it's not a lack of players that makes it empty, folks just don't care to do it. Same with Wv, before the champion changes and jubilee, we did good (Gates of Madness) with turnout, but now no one shows.

Meanwhile there's a group of 30 killing boar/spider/troll/oak in Queensdale, whenever you go.

So yeah, I agree with you, the population shifts with the content, but I don't think that reflects on the actual population of the realm. (And yeah, when I did a Scroll of Res to peek around Senjin, it was empty, compared to back during Wrath.)

But seriously, I don't know if this event is just popular, or if it's because of culling being turned off, but Lions Arch is damn packed it takes a second to load the models when I waypoint in. It's almost amusing to think that it was culling, in which case I was walking between ghosts this whole time!

10+ Year Old Account
    the game is still alive, don't mean you'll like it. ignore the screen shots of events e, completely misleading, it's like me taking a photo if a new island in wow at launch, people just jump in to events but most zones are empty from level 15 onwards.

The community continues to be exceptional. Never had any problem beyond people disconnecting or suddenly leaving. Never seen any raging, and people help each other a lot. In fact, last night in the mists someone had bought a horn from the gem store and was playing music from LoTR on it. Was pretty amazing!
    RETH

Deleted
    I just reinstalled the game and its very active here on dragonbrand. It depends on what server youre on though

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like any MMO, people will gravitate towards current or most rewarding events. You will have a very difficult time completing most events in mid level zones as well as abandoned places like Orr. This isn't any different from any other MMO and isn't indicative of the current population.

This also won't stop you from leveling, map completion, and catching up to join with everyone else. This is a living game, it moves on. It's natural that you will have to catch up. There are certainly plenty of people to play with along the way and when you get there. It helps if you join a large and active guild.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    like to put my imput on the game played for a month or two hitting 80 not to long ago on my ele ... yey me! anyway lower level zones quite a few people during mid zones not alot of players around to help kill champions but if you ask for some help the community is great, alot of people willing to help who dont ask for gold along the way! high level areas between 10-20 people non peak hours for me wvwvw ... busy! pvp seems pretty popular aswell really refreshing compared to typical wow pvp dodging poweful attacks helps! i play on a medium pop server eu!

Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    http://ifotos.pl/zobacz/gw004jpg_nwppwhr.jpg/
    http://ifotos.pl/zobacz/assedrdjp_nwppwne.jpg/
    Blacktide Lion's Arch at the time when ppl zergspam and afk on overflows in Blazeridge Stepps cuz of event ...there are A LOT MORE MORE MORE MORE more ppl in the world where events are, but my router crashed and couldnt get back on my home realm (stucked on overflow) so i went to LA .
    haha, i was looking for my character on the offchance that i was online in LA when you took this screenshot.

my buddy is the asura running across the bridge. freaky.

anyway, blacktide seems to be event capped for the number of people online at peak times. this screen was from today at about 18:30h

http://i.imgur.com/86Hyy09.jpg
    Last edited by Xadaver; 2013-08-23 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Are there raids/dungeons in this game?
    There are no raids, only dungeons and zerg snoozefest world bosses. I bought it on release and only played it for a month im not sure if they made improvements on dungeon mechanics.

Removing holy trinity was bad for dungeons. It was chaos for pugs, there are no "tanks" yet the bosses can 2 shot cloth classes if they dont press roll at the right time. Dungeons wer like BGs that time, u die A LOT and graveyard res non stop, it was so bad.

But maybe they made improvements im not sure, but yeah pve without holy trinity tank and healer is bad bad bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still alive and kicking, full of sheep to farm the day away for blues and greens.

I heard one guy got an exotic piece the other day, it went for 2 whole golds on the trading post.

People play the dungeons under the mindset of the trinity, get smacked around, and blame the game. It's mostly a L2P issue. I got smacked around, too, but I was self-aware enough to recall having the same thing happen to my on my first trip through Deadmines because I didn't know what to do. In both games, once I learned what to do and how to adjust play, I vastly improved my dungeon runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    There are no raids, only dungeons and zerg snoozefest world bosses. I bought it on release and only played it for a month im not sure if they made improvements on dungeon mechanics.

Removing holy trinity was bad for dungeons. It was chaos for pugs, there are no "tanks" yet the bosses can 2 shot cloth classes if they dont press roll at the right time. Dungeons wer like BGs that time, u die A LOT and graveyard res non stop, it was so bad.

But maybe they made improvements im not sure, but yeah pve without holy trinity tank and healer is bad bad bad.
    "We had no idea what we were doing but it was clearly the games fault" Thanks for your input, this post is really valuable
    By the way, most people nowadays say that dungeons are too easy and the only way to make them challenging is speedruns where you try to be seconds faster than the last time
    None of the dungeons were made easier since launch
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    "We had no idea what we were doing but it was clearly the games fault" Thanks for your input, this post is really valuable
    By the way, most people nowadays say that dungeons are too easy and the only way to make them challenging is speedruns where you try to be seconds faster than the last time
    None of the dungeons were made easier since launch
    I had full twilight arbor fairy gear, 3 pcs of crucible of eternity gear, plenty of arah tokens before i quit a month after release. I have my own quick farm group. It was fast and easy if u have your own grp, yes it gets easier in time. But for pugs those 3 dungeons (hard paths) on the 1st month of release was a nightmare. 90% of the people on my server (JQ) only does the bugged dungeons just to get gear (CoF). Please dont deny this.

Yea none of them wer made easier but because they have to run 1 specific dungeon 200x (not exaggerating) just to get full set everyone prolly mastered them already after a year. And every dungeon boss has a way to "cheese" it, fanboys will say its clever use of mechanics, when its obviously not. It was a bad grind.
    Last edited by Yizu; 2013-08-23 at 11:50 AM.

Yea none of them wer made easier but because they have to run 1 specific dungeon 200x (not exaggerating) just to get full set everyone prolly mastered them already after a year. And every dungeon boss has a way to "cheese" it, fanboys will say its clever use of mechanics, when its obviously not. It was a bad grind.
    This is not really an option now because A/Net changed the looting to only give gold for the first run on a path per day (something along those lines).

What I find very strange is this. There are probably 40 dungeon paths and another 10 fractal sections. A lot of people will run a single path because its more lucrative and then complain that the game is boring. Instead of running different dungeons and routes (obviously you have to do the same dungeon if you are looking for something from there) to keep things interesting, they will run the path of least resistance and then complain about it. The same thing can be said for the people failing an event for gold. They also complain that the game is boring and complain even more when the farm area is removed. There is a lot to do in the game, not everything is for everyone but thats a different point. the new invasions take a bit long for me so I probably won't do too many of them. That's not A/Nets fault as a lot of people really enjoy them. You won't see me complaining about how they are too long because there are plenty of events that are shorter. While they may not be as lucrative, they exist.

because they have to run 1 specific dungeon 200x (not exaggerating) just to get full set
    Ummm, yes you are... o_O

I had full twilight arbor fairy gear, 3 pcs of crucible of eternity gear, plenty of arah tokens before i quit a month after release. I have my own quick farm group. It was fast and easy if u have your own grp, yes it gets easier in time. But for pugs those 3 dungeons (hard paths) on the 1st month of release was a nightmare. 90% of the people on my server (JQ) only does the bugged dungeons just to get gear (CoF). Please dont deny this.

Doesnt change the fact that its a skill issue. And you dont need to run a dungeon 200 times to get a set of gear since they changed the rewards about 1 month after release. You dont need to run it 200 times to master the mechanics either, just read some threads about group composition, copy a build for your class and you're already good to go
    Did you even play the game in the last few months?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    This is not really an option now because A/Net changed the looting to only give gold for the first run on a path per day (something along those lines).

What I find very strange is this. There are probably 40 dungeon paths and another 10 fractal sections. A lot of people will run a single path because its more lucrative and then complain that the game is boring. Instead of running different dungeons and routes (obviously you have to do the same dungeon if you are looking for something from there) to keep things interesting, they will run the path of least resistance and then complain about it. The same thing can be said for the people failing an event for gold. They also complain that the game is boring and complain even more when the farm area is removed. There is a lot to do in the game, not everything is for everyone but thats a different point. the new invasions take a bit long for me so I probably won't do too many of them. That's not A/Nets fault as a lot of people really enjoy them. You won't see me complaining about how they are too long because there are plenty of events that are shorter. While they may not be as lucrative, they exist.
    To be fair, there are some underlying issues that heavily promote this kind of mentality
    Precursors being extremely rare RNG drops that cost hundreds of gold is one matter. Crafting a legendary is the only real longtime goal that the game has and you basically need to buy the precursor off the TP. Therefore many people feel the need to exploit the current most lucrative farming method even if its boring as hell. This could be solved by offering several ways to make money but there is always 1 method that just completely towers above the rest. Cof 1 or deadeye farming cant even compare to any other farm method in the game, its not a matter of making 10-25% less gold per hour, more like 50-75% less
    Last edited by Enkidulgaa; 2013-08-24 at 03:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...