Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Dark below - Hell ?

I watched this video from wowmusicable, And i really hope if The Dark Below is the real expansion, that it will be this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    "The Dark below - Hell ?"

This is not Diablo. This is Warcraft!

Legitimately 1 quote from the non canon RPG and a few pictures of Warlock/Demon fan art

10+ Year Old Account
    i was thinking maybe they mispelled the trademark and it was actually Bellow

Verb
    (of a person or animal) Emit a deep loud roar, typically in pain or anger: "he bellowed in agony"; "the bellowing of a bull".
    so it was, The Dark Shout. probably not.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Other than the ancient, non-canon reference to the Dark Below in the Warcraft RPG manual there is nothing anywhere linking the Dark Below to Hell or demons. There are, however, references to "The Dark Below" in the game already, most notably Ozumat <Fiend of the the Dark Below>. "The Dark Below" referring to demons is total bunk. Your thread is pointless anyway since there are dozens of threads about this already.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What they likely reference for it being hell is the now non-canon RPG books.

The only canon references we have to The Dark Below is a Faceless Boss called "Duke of Below" and Ozumat being "Fiend from the Dark Below."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Dark Below is a pretty obvious reference to deep underwater areas or, perhaps, caverns.

Granted, that doesn't mean there won't be demons. Azshara is pretty well known for opening a huge demonic gateway at the Well of Eterinity, after all. She could do it again.

Everyone is expecting a Legion expansion, but Blizzard has mentioned, in the not-too-distant past that they wanted to make Azshara a bit more visible. There's no reason they can't have both Azshara and the Legion in the next expansion. Indeed, it seems somewhat likely if The Dark Below is the next expansion.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-08-20 at 07:36 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd laugh if we go into a WoW version of Hell.

MEET ALL THE VILLAINS WE KILLED!!!

#TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    The Dark Below is a pretty obvious reference to deep underwater areas or, perhaps, caverns.

Granted, that doesn't mean there won't be demons. Azshara is pretty well known for opening a huge demonic gateway at the Well of Eterinity, after all. She could do it again.

Everyone is expecting a Legion expansion, but Blizzard has mentioned, in the not-too-distant past that they wanted to make Azshara a bit more visible. There's no reason they can't have both Azshara and the Legion in the next expansion. Indeed, it seems somewhat likely if The Dark Below is the next expansion.
    I actually think the opinion for what's next is shifting from the Legion to Azshara/N'Zoth the more we watch the TDB trademark progress.

Deleted
    I thought warcraft hell was retconned?

nah it would be underwater stuff with azshara and old gods and possibly a connection to the twisting nether

The dark below is probably the inside of N'Zoths azzhoule. Or Thrall's. At least that's the kind of vibe I'm getting from it. No way Blizzard really intends to use it as an expansion title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    I thought warcraft hell was retconned?
    It was made less important the more the Legion became an inter-galactic organization rather than standard Hell Demons.

But it was finally killed off when the RPG books were made non-canon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I watched this video from wowmusicable, And i really hope if The Dark Below is the real expansion, that it will be this.
    This was confirmed to be a hoax. Please stop posting things about this. See my sig for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This was confirmed to be a hoax. Please stop posting things about this. See my sig for reference.
    It wasn't confirmed, no, just a possibility that it was. Though that was put in to doubt as the trademark was then registered in Europe - more of a difficult system to trick a false trademark name through.

Everyone seems to forget that the RPG mentioned the Dark Below in the way it did to allow for D&D-style demons in Azeroth (presumably without just making them offshoots of the Legion). It shouldn't be read as anything dealing with demons/devils and the like because that is non-canon and again it only existed to allow a way for DMs to use the existing Baatezu and Tan'ari devils and demons in the Warcraft RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The word you are looking for is "suggested," not "confirmed." It was suggested that it could be a hoax.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

While I would personally love a 'Hell' for Azeroth where unique demons existed not under Burning Legion control, I guess it would appear to be too Diablo-ish.

That being said, an underground expansion that isn't Deepholm all over again would be great.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I'm still gullible and believe that 5.5 is the Skysunder and the Dark Below references all of Azeroth after the Legion started their invasion with part of the expansion going back to Outland and through some of the portals there to areas beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Only obvious to you I suppose. The rest of us feel like it could be either a place where demons dwell(like hell) or what you consider pretty obvious.
    Given a lot of things point towards N'Zoth/Azshara being a more likely outcome and the only reference to hell in Warcraft being retconned many years ago i'd think it's very unlikely to be any form of "hell", especially given they already have an active universe (Diablo) strongly focused on hell.