Open up the whole world in wow.

I love old content. I started playing wow from day one so I have a lot of love for older style instances. I know I am not alone, but I also know there are plenty who disagree with me and think we should leave that stuff all behind. Why? There is room for both tastes to exist. Blizzard has technology already in place to address this, if they wanted to. Why not using their scaling technology to allow a group to scale any instance to a max level instance? This could open up all of the continents and get people scattered all around the world again. And to bring back more social play, only allow premades to use them, and allow for no porting to the instances to bring back travel. Add hard modes to these for hardcore 5 mans(for people who want good gear but dont have time for raid schedules) and why not add add flex mode also to allow friends of 3 to 7 players to enter?

I am just a big fan of all of the content really, especially the older stuff, and think it is a waste to see these old places become ghost towns, when there is a way to make them relevant, and most importantly fun, again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hummm, i really would want to see the old raids added as challenge mode raids, or, at least LFR (I hate lfr but is better than nothing), or at least give the people the option to scale the dungeon/raid to their actual lvl or scale us down to the raid lvl

15+ Year Old Account
    Release new heroic modes for all the old riads when the decision's made to make no more expansions. That'll be quite a bit of fun right there.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    There is a lot of work involved in this, and it just sounds like something people would get tired of doing pretty fast, since it's just old content being behashed (e.g. ZG/Za dungeons).
    And no, adding gear with a gear lvl equal to the current raids would just mess up the whole balance. If you want gear, do the current raids, and if you do not have the time, then well, too bad.

I think the scaling down alone - so that you can level up doing whatever grade of content you like - would be the biggest thing ever to happen to WoW. It would, however, put an end to soloing old content that you never got to see when it was relevant.

I would love to see something like "legacy raids" added. Where you could engage legacy mode when entering a previous expansions raid and it would scale your gear ilvl down to the heroic ilvl of that tier. Defeating bosses would give you legacy points which could be used for new transmog sets/mounts/pets/brawlers guild challenges and fun stuff like that. You would also still be able to solo the bosses if you would like by not turning on legacy mode.

Will it ever happen though? I doubt it. Putting effort into something like that would mean less new content until was finished. Which would not go over well with community (see TOC/firelands/DS)
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Guys I am speaking of 5 man instances. This would have too much consequence for raiding, so if you think I am suggesting adding this for raids, then you are misreading my intent. Applied to 5 mans would be perfect imo. Gives the non raider something of interest to do, while leaving the raiders to raise their snooty noses at us, lol.

I LOVE old raids more than anything. The only problem is that the encounters are fairly simple now because classes have so many more tools. I raided all through vanilla/tbc and at the time it was somewhat difficult cause classes didn't have the abilities they had today; and of course the game was really just unpolished at that point. The problem you would run into doing a current state of lets say MC or BWL. Classes have so many tools the raid boss abilities would be a joke to counter. The boss would have to have more abilities or else the encounter would be really really boring.

Quote Originally Posted by powcsonka View Post
    Guys I am speaking of 5 man instances. This would have too much consequence for raiding, so if you think I am suggesting adding this for raids, then you are misreading my intent. Applied to 5 mans would be perfect imo. Gives the non raider something of interest to do, while leaving the raiders to raise their snooty noses at us, lol.
    My bad for just assuming raids and not reading properly. You can just apply what i said about legacy mode to the 5-mans as well though. Scale the gear level down like in challenge modes and reward legacy points.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel if these places or instances are to be scaled with an enable/disable option, that they would still be ghost towns, only to have time wasted on developing something no one is using. How many twink guilds are there? Anyhow, I wont say all areas, because some raids have mounts, pets and/or transmog pieces.

While I agree with giving life to old content, you have to see the current status of the game. There's other systems in place like what you've described, that are getting people out into the world. The ideas seem to be working out, greatly improving WoW's organized cycle. Yes, it's easier said than done. Be the Architect in the Matrix.

imagine a world where we could have done MC or BWL at lvl 90. Fight upscaled mobs and bosses. And get old lvl 60 gear with lvl 90 stats. Like 10-20 ilvls below current tier. that would be a world of warcraft i could have lived in

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    I think the scaling down alone - so that you can level up doing whatever grade of content you like - would be the biggest thing ever to happen to WoW. It would, however, put an end to soloing old content that you never got to see when it was relevant.
    Not necessarily. It shouldn't be a big deal to leave the original alone and put the new tech into a cloned version of the instance. People then queue up for the modified version or do what they do now, walk in the front door of the original.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Hummm, i really would want to see the old raids added as challenge mode raids, or, at least LFR (I hate lfr but is better than nothing), or at least give the people the option to scale the dungeon/raid to their actual lvl or scale us down to the raid lvl
    I've been saying this for a while now.

Such a shame it can't be done, it seems.

Especially for those folks who weren't even around in TBC/Vanilla to experience some of the best raids ever put in in their full glory.

Solo-rolling through a raid that was once only the top <1% of players accessible... is just sad and does NOT give the same effect, not to any degree of the phrase.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    For a while I thought this would be the "big unannounced feature" for this expansion and 5.4. Hopefully in the future though; would open up a lot more content for people.

In whatever way to put it - scaling, re-introducing content (rehashing) or substituting new content by old content, all those are horrible ideas. Why do we need another thread about it?
    would open up a lot more content for people.
    That content is already there. It isn't closed. Most people overlevel/overgear it now. Introducing "scaling", in whatever way you put it, ruins several of core aspects of RPG - coherence and continuity of progress through the world and in character's power. It's ABC of RPG - break it, and game can no longer be classified as RPG.

I guess it is a taint of modern time, when there are a lot of Action/Adventure/Arcade games, which barely have any shadow of any RPG mechanics, but still being labeled as RPG. Most of gamers from new generation don't even have clue what makes game a RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    Why so? If anything scaling should be optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Memories are good, going back to the same place every new expansion doesn't look like it is.