Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Wow, great work Platex!

Deleted
    Friendly bump, as ppl are asking for this list

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=105630 Is dis gonna be best offpiece? Due to WF and Haste perhaps?

We probably won't be using an offpiece this tier.

Deleted
    Bump For anything!

Deleted
    Platex is so smart and handsome.

10+ Year Old Account
    So lets hope I did this right lol

I played around on the Wowhead profiler and made up a normal mode gearset whch you can see here. http://ptr.wowhead.com/list=241993/t16-soo-normal

With this I came in at only 50 points over hitcap (im a goat so thats what I chose lol) with 77.61% mastery and 28% haste. I ddint add up the crit since its usually our "worst" stat out of all of them.

Noo for anyone who wants to take a peak at it, this is all normal gear with no upgrades or warforged. Have no clue if my guild will make it far into heroics or not lol.
    Last edited by lokithor; 2013-09-07 at 03:23 AM. Reason: fucked up my maths somewhere lol

Deleted
    I've been working on some reforge stuff, will make a post soon, the problem is that we can't do anything 100% for sure until Simcraft for 5.4 comes out. Whilst Mastery is *likely* to be better than haste, by how far is up in the air. PPM was hit pretty hard; it's difficult to know if they will change the final proc rates for Black Blood and other PPM trinkets, since most people's testing likely took place prior to them fixing this recent PPM bug on the PTR where they weren't proccing as much as they should be. Our 2nd BiS trinket could be Black Blood due to the passive haste, or the multistrike due to the int proc. Take everything you read with a pinch of salt, at least up to a week after 5.4 hits. We'll know for certain then, but for the first week you guys don't really need a BiS list just yet. You know which rings are BiS, on shared off-pieces it's just the neck and 2nd trinket that we're unsure of. Weapons should still be (MH) Kardris' Scepter and (OH) Revelations of Y'Shaarj.

PS. Loki you're using a Flex shield there + like you said Draenei with the +1% hit. Having played Elemental for all of these years, I would be surprised if we end up going for mastery at the complete expense of haste, since traditionally the two stats have always had a synergy where they need to be somewhat balanced within a certain margin of each other. Then again, Blizzard might surprise us.
    Last edited by mmoc3e9c6969db; 2013-09-07 at 09:46 AM.

Platex I think one of the things to really account for in this tier is the amount of AoE fights we will be seeing. From the sims I've run anything with more than one target mastery has a huge advantage over haste. Our single target isn't going to be near as good with the loss of 4pcT15 and the RPPM nerf so I'm almost inclined to lean fairly hard on haste.

I am curious as to what your seeing for 90 point talents though. I have had the time to sim them but could we be looking at UF over EB on a single target fight given how high our mastery is going to be ?

I know I'll be trying to go for that 100% mastery cap at some point. I got to 87%? With just my current gear with siege trinkets and full mastery gems/reforges. Was really fun just spamming dummies with CL pulling insane numbers. Not sure if anyone tested in the raid testing to see how it is single target unfortunately 10 man testing was over when I decided to test it

I was able to easily hit the 100% mastery mark with current gear and either double amp or dps amp + cleave trinket. I ended up at something like 107% mastery so i had to reforge / gem out of mastery. This was just with 2 trinkets + 5/5 t16 tier set.

This is what i ended up at completely unbuffed sitting in town fighting the test dummies:

The single target damage is extremely good at the 100% mastery mark. I was able to keep a good distance ahead of most of my guildies for all our ptr testing. Being able to fairly easily get to the 100% mastery mark + these amp trinkets are the soul reason i believe we didnt see any buffs at all from 5.3 going into 5.4.

Dont really even need to mention how good 100% mastery is with all the cleave fights there are in SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrysteel View Post
    I was able to easily hit the 100% mastery mark with current gear and either double amp or dps amp + cleave trinket. I ended up at something like 107% mastery so i had to reforge / gem out of mastery. This was just with 2 trinkets + 5/5 t16 tier set.

This is what i ended up at completely unbuffed sitting in town fighting the test dummies:

The single target damage is extremely good at the 100% mastery mark. I was able to keep a good distance ahead of most of my guildies for all our ptr testing. Being able to fairly easily get to the 100% mastery mark + these amp trinkets are the soul reason i believe we didnt see any buffs at all from 5.3 going into 5.4.

Dont really even need to mention how good 100% mastery is with all the cleave fights there are in SoO.
    Being able to hardcap mastery so early in the tier only tells me we will be decent at the start of SOO but during heroic progression other classes that don't have hardcaps to their secondary stats will race past us. Not to mention haste being hardcapped as well so we will be stuck with Crit ...... which is not great 4 us.

There isn't a haste hard cap really. If you can get LB,LvB,EB down to one second then perhaps but even still higher haste means more FS ticks which in turn will lead to more Lava Surge procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid1 View Post
    There isn't a haste hard cap really. If you can get LB,LvB,EB down to one second then perhaps but even still higher haste means more FS ticks which in turn will lead to more Lava Surge procs.
    Really depends on how you want to optimize your shaman. If you're trying to optimize its single target DPS, then sure, all of the above is true. But elemental's strength/niche isn't single target DPS, so I'm not convinced that it's the best road to travel down. You'll hit the haste cap on chain lightning significantly before you'll hit the haste cap on your single target spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platex View Post
    PS. Loki you're using a Flex shield there + like you said Draenei with the +1% hit. Having played Elemental for all of these years, I would be surprised if we end up going for mastery at the complete expense of haste, since traditionally the two stats have always had a synergy where they need to be somewhat balanced within a certain margin of each other. Then again, Blizzard might surprise us.
    Lol thanks for that. I changed it. Now 100 over hit cap, but the rest of the stats didn't change much lol. I noticed I was off on my math once again though and I'm only gettin around 70% mastery with int/mastery and full mastery gems.

I still think mastery will be pretty awesome though since with the uptime of the meta gem we should have plenty of haste.

great list. ty for sharing.

I will go Full MasteryMentalshaman now. I am convinced. Guess it wont be a problem with my gear heheheheheh. Pewpew Duplicated spells!

10+ Year Old Account
    Posted on Totemspot but will also leave this here. When asked for it last night during his stream, Leeds handed out his personal 5.4 BiS list. Including Trinket notes and a few piece swap thoughts. Can be found on this >>google doc<<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid1 View Post
    Platex I think one of the things to really account for in this tier is the amount of AoE fights we will be seeing. From the sims I've run anything with more than one target mastery has a huge advantage over haste. Our single target isn't going to be near as good with the loss of 4pcT15 and the RPPM nerf so I'm almost inclined to lean fairly hard on haste.

I am curious as to what your seeing for 90 point talents though. I have had the time to sim them but could we be looking at UF over EB on a single target fight given how high our mastery is going to be ?
    http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7082

Tickletotems' new guide is out, scroll down to the end of #8 for the Totemspot/Simcraft BiS list,

and new Simcraft : https://code.google.com/p/simulation...40-1-win64.zip

TL;DR --

Turns out Haste still pulls ahead of Mastery, the PPM nerf wasn't enough to drive it under mastery (personally really happy about that) and it's still ahead of Mastery on a Horridon style fight.

BiS 2nd Trinket single target is indeed Kardris' Totem, Crystal for AoE (it's the same case for everyone there), only thing I don't get is why the offpiece Warforged Gloves are supposedly better than the Tier, one would presume that's down to Warforged stats and reforging - I'd say go for the Tier gloves until you can get your hands on a Warforged pair.

UF is the best talent for Single Target, EB for target switching, PE for AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickletotem View Post
    Gearing
    Trinkets
    In general, the T16 trinkets can be prioritized in the following manner:

Single Target:
    Purified Bindings of Immerseus (all versions) > Kardris >= Black Blood > Prismatic Prison > Frenzied Crystal

Multiple Targets:
    Frenzied Crystal (all versions) > Purified Bindings of Immerseus (all versions) > Kardris >= Black Blood > Prismatic Prison

The following charts show more detailed breakdowns by fight type using a haste build. Note: These simulations used only one trinket to compare the DPS of each on its own. Some combinations may work better than this priority suggests. More simulations will follow in the near future to test various combinations.

Light Movement, Haste build, Echo + UF

Hectic Add Cleave, Haste build, Echo + PE

BiS List
    Note that this would be the BiS list for a haste-heavy build. For a mastery build, swap out items such as neck, bracers, etc. that have haste for those with mastery. Also keep in mind that just because something is not on this list, does not mean it is not an upgrade over your current item.

Head: Headpiece of Celestial Harmony
    Neck: Necklace of Fading Light
    Shoulders: Shoulderwraps of Celestial Harmony
    Back: Xing-ho, Breath of Yu'lon
    Chest: Hauberk of Celestial Harmony
    Wrists: Bracers of the Pristine Purifier
    Gloves: Grips of Tidal Force (off-tier piece)
    Waste: Chitin-link Chain Belt
    Legs: Leggings of Celestial Harmony
    Feet: Powder-Stained Totemic Treads
    Rings: Signet of the Dinomancers | Laser-Slice Signet
    Trinkets: see above
    Mainhand: Kardris' Scepter - Hellscream's Warmace may be BiS if it can be upgraded.
    Offhand: Revelations of Y'shaarj
    Enjoy the patch folks!
    Last edited by mmoc3e9c6969db; 2013-09-11 at 01:15 AM.