Trade Chat out in the world.

I was wondering... Does anyone of a way to see the trade chat whilst you fly through the world?

I guess what I'm saying is, I seldom stay parked in a city reading trade chat, mainly because I don't have as much free time to just sit around in-game. Also, I haven't found a good active guilds that matches my schedule. So I wanted to ask if there is an addo-on, or something, that I can use to find a P.U.G. from trade, while at the same time farms the other stuff I want to do. If not, and you have a similar situation, or answer to my problem, i would really appreciate a response. Thanks in advance.

Trade chat forwarder would be what you're looking for. You can find it on curse.com.

There used to be a way to do it back in vanilla, I remember being next to Zul'Aman and talking with people in Ironforge.

However there isn't any more, at least not ingame. I think there's an AddOn somewhere that can help though.

Without it it leaves you with the option of queueing for things with LFR/LFD, or sitting in trade chat for hours finding people. Both options are pretty lousy, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god no. Someone didn't play when world LFG chat existed. And no you couldn't close it because it was the only way of finding groups for stuff when you were out of a city.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    There used to be a way to do it back in vanilla, I remember being next to Zul'Aman and talking with people in Ironforge.
    Zul'Aman and vanilla??? what?
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Oh god no. Someone didn't play when world LFG chat existed. And no you couldn't close it because it was the only way of finding groups for stuff when you were out of a city.
    I miss LFG chat. It never ceased to be amusing.

Thank you for the advice. Been playing since end of vanilla, and just now... Total noob.

If everyone just typed in /join WorldChat then everyone would have a global spew channel for anywhere they happen to be instead of using Trade.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember they removed it because of goldspammers spaming it 24/7 back in tbc.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I'd seriously think they should bring back the global LFG channel. I'd gladly deal with spammers and trolls if it meant I could talk to people while out doing things. They wonder why everyone just sits in a city instead of being out in the world? Because the city is the only place where you can communicate with other people no matter where they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I'd seriously think they should bring back the global LFG channel. I'd gladly deal with spammers and trolls if it meant I could talk to people while out doing things. They wonder why everyone just sits in a city instead of being out in the world? Because the city is the only place where you can communicate with other people no matter where they are.
    it'd be nice to have the option of having world chat / city chat anywhere, you are right. It'd need an on/off switch...

and as long as there was:

• Chuck Norris filter
    • Gold Spam filter
    • yolo filter

i'd be perfectly happy with it.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    it'd be nice to have the option of having world chat / city chat anywhere, you are right. It'd need an on/off switch...

and as long as there was:

• Chuck Norris filter
    • Gold Spam filter
    • yolo filter

i'd be perfectly happy with it.
    I would even deal with those. I really liked how Rift had level chat that was used for all the discussion, because it was everywhere. So no matter where I went I could talk in 50 Chat (for whatever reason in Storm Legion the majority of chat went on in I think 50-59 chat instead of 60 Chat). Yet in WoW you have to stay in a major city to see what's going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome addon, didn't know about this!

Too bad that addon only works when someone who has the addon too is in the major city with tradechat... Maybe that works on high pop servers, but not on low.