Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Am I the only bored rogue?

Am I really the only rogue who got bored after simplifcation on talent trees?

Sublety is dagger only, and you need to be behind target.

Combat is slow and will be slower next patch.

Assasin is dagger only

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    no you are not, i think most rogues are bored but that's more because of rogues not having changed for like 3 expansions or something......

combat is the fastest paced spec of all 3 so i don't agree there :P

Sublety is dagger only, and you need to be behind target.

Assasin is dagger only
    - What was so awesome about the old talent trees? (Everyone specced nearly the same anyway)
    - Being behind the target is pretty much a given, being melee.

The 'dagger only' thing I kind of get, though I don't see the problem with this personally.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Datenshi View Post
    no you are not, i think most rogues are bored but that's more because of rogues not having changed for like 3 expansions or something......

combat is the fastest paced spec of all 3 so i don't agree there :P
    You keep draining your energy faster than you can regenerate.

I'm kinda bored with the class as well, the problem isn't the semplification of talents (which actually get changed sometimes now) but rather the complete lack of mechanical changes.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Totally bored and disgusted by devs who keep saying "we're happy with rogues", well i'm not, about 2 months since last time i logged the rogue,
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I am kinda excited with the new patch so my answer will be no i am not bored with it . Cant w8 to hit something like 553 ilevel and with the buffs to combo builders and assassin resolve as well as ap and sinister buff for combat and the Heroism Drums i just cant w8 to start bashing on yogg 0 and icc 25 hc solo.Always liked farming stuff alone ,the few moments between the kill and the looting of the corpse to see if a 1 percenter drops.. 6 days to go

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmgewehr86 View Post
    I am kinda excited with the new patch so my answer will be no i am not bored with it . Cant w8 to hit something like 553 ilevel and with the buffs to combo builders and assassin resolve as well as ap and sinister buff for combat and the Heroism Drums i just cant w8 to start bashing on yogg 0 and icc 25 hc solo.Always liked farming stuff alone ,the few moments between the kill and the looting of the corpse to see if a 1 percenter drops.. 6 days to go
    Patch has been delayed to September 10th.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

I still enjoy my rogue, though I would welcome some sort of revamp.

Also, combat is very, very, very slow at lower ilvls. I ran through some 5mans as combat (scaled down to 463 on PTR) to help a guildmate complete the noodle cart quest. I was pressing 1 button about every 3s and less during BF. At higher ilvls, Combat is about the pace of haste Mut with the new SS and dropping the t15 4pc (which most people won't drop until it's nerfed; I unfortunately deleted mine on PTR).

i guess the majority of rogues who play at least for 7 years are bored with their mains. like i am. the only thing i do right now is logging in to our 25m heroic raid 3 times a week for 3 hours. so yea thats 9 hours a week for 13€ maybe i'll be busy once 5.4 hits
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

used to raid 9h / week 25HC but gave up last month think i logged 2-3 times since there in wow ... rogue main for 8 years and everything seems dull.
    today i even downloaded a private TBC wow just to remember some old good rogue days i moved in and played all 3 specs with all kinds of weapons god felt so good but not everything was that good had to go to trainer to respec everytime lul and change items and things like that but overall a way better experience than MoP

Hope 5.4 will bring something new or else i dont rly see to much log til 6.0 hopefully with improved things about this class

edit: forgot to mention the buttons used in pvp wow such a clean UI like 10 buttons now on 5.3 god forsake i have full UI and cant handle all them spells cd macros and shits like that , and the best part had a 1v3 fight and took them longer than 20 sec to kill while on MoP sometimes i get faceroll in 4-5 sec by a hunter if catch me in bgs or so
    Last edited by Kezuma; 2013-08-22 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    i guess the majority of rogues who play at least for 7 years are bored with their mains. like i am. the only thing i do right now is logging in to our 25m heroic raid 3 times a week for 3 hours. so yea thats 9 hours a week for 13€ maybe i'll be busy once 5.4 hits
    So it's Blizzard's fault that you have run out of things to do? (hint: it's not)
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmgewehr86 View Post
    Hope you bring a lot of bandages for dreamwalker....

I think why a lot of rogues combat especially are bored is that since the release of WoW sinister strike is the first ability given to a rogue and SnD/Evis are the first finishers. Rupture is a very minor gain and without the 2pc t15 might not be a dps again at all so a rogue at lv90 is still using the original lv1-10 abilities they got 8 years ago with a minor update being the addition of RS which in its current iteration is only even pushed once ever what 30 seconds? Same resource system, same everything really. They did add kill me spree and shadow blades but well with shadow blades that doesn't even count since it just gets macroed into adrenaline rush so as far as game play goes it really didn't change anything. The implementation of haste still didn't change anything about the specs play style just made it faster but really if you're doing 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 2 over and over and over again what difference is there if 1 1 1 1 1 2 takes 10 seconds or 5 it's still pressing 1 1 1 1 1 2. Out of any class any spec in the game a combat rogue has to be the most boring out dated spec that's still around. Assassination has had multiple major over hauls. Sub has had a major overahaul yet combat is still the same. Tell me a spec out there that still has it's vanilla rotation aside from combat?

I love the rogue class, don't get me wrong, but yes, I'm bored. What I like about my other classes... all except Hunter is that if I want to switch up the flavor I can dual spec something else and have a different playstyle. My rogue AND hunter (I know it's the rogue forum but truly both classes are in the same boat) are both nearly identical playstyles for every spec.

I'm going to remain optimistic though because there have been a few blue tweets/responses acknowledging that both the rogue and hunter specs aren't varied enough so I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Warlock-level revamp for both of them.

i'am always shifting my talents around between bosses and it aids my raid and my personal performance/survival by a large margin.

rather than how exciting it was to have the same basic spec for a whole expansion and then another spec for another whole expansion. and then another spec for another expansion.

That being said. now that we have this lovely system, it would be nice to have more exciting talents to replace some of our less than exciting ones. some changes and shifts have been made, but theres definitely room for improvement.

You keep draining your energy faster than you can regenerate.
    wait WHAT?!

here we are in a state where Combats major HUGE GRIPE is that we CANT drain our energy fast enough and keep hitting energy cap despite hitting an ability right on every global cooldown AND HERE YOU ARE...

i cant take OP seriously anymore. doesnt know what he's talking about.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-08-24 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    i'am always shifting my talents around between bosses and it aids my raid and my personal performance/survival by a large margin.

rather than how exciting it was to have the same basic spec for a whole expansion and then another spec for another whole expansion. and then another spec for another expansion.

That being said. now that we have this lovely system, it would be nice to have more exciting talents to replace some of our less than exciting ones. some changes and shifts have been made, but theres definitely room for improvement.

wait WHAT?!

here we are in a state where Combats major HUGE GRIPE is that we CANT drain our energy fast enough and keep hitting energy cap despite hitting an ability right on every global cooldown AND HERE YOU ARE...

Sounds like you don't really know what you're talking about since combat only ever energy caps during adrenaline rush but outside of that is fine. Combat has never complained about always energy capping it's only been energy capping during CD usage.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    So it's Blizzard's fault that you have run out of things to do? (hint: it's not)
    i didnt blame blizzard for it you should try and read the entire post not just the numbers
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    wait WHAT?!

Depends on whether you are into PvP or PvE, as for PvP it is the case where you are a lot more energy starved than in PvE because of less haste on gear and reforging into other PvP stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    - What was so awesome about the old talent trees? (Everyone specced nearly the same anyway)
    - Being behind the target is pretty much a given, being melee.

The 'dagger only' thing I kind of get, though I don't see the problem with this personally.
    The problem is that alot of bosses you cannot be behind in 5.3 or 5.4. Not all, but some you cannot and you cannot back stab from the side. On top of that if boss turns to target another player near you, or you have to stack, or you have to move, again you lose the positional requirements. That makes it difficult to keep optimal dps on the boss with BS and not just Hemo.
    I am fine with the dagger thing for Assassination/Sub. It only makes sense that way, although I think sub could have maces in OH too...in lore it could be used to knock out enemies right? I don't know, just sayin.
    Combat belongs with swords, and I hate that spec...:/ always have. Playing rogue since TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played rogue since vanilla and never changed main. I only have my rogue on 90 due to laziness (or as I like to call it, extreme devotion). The rogue hasn't changed at all these last few expansions. And it is really starting to get to me tbh :/ If I retire, I will do so as a rogue, and that time might come really soon... So no, you are not alone in being bored as a rogue.