Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    It's a video game. There is nothing to be "loyal" to. Play if you find it fun, quit and do something else if you aren't having fun. It's just that simple.
    If you remotely follow the forums, you know it isn't all that easy with WoW....the times I got flamed for suggesting "If you hate the game so much..why not quit"? "If you hate the game so much and quit 2 years ago..why are you still on the forum" etc...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    elder scrolls online will be pretty massive and i don't see how blizz could counteract it.
    ESO has the advantage of an equally as massive lore and history as Wow, its also got a massive fanbase due to the fact the series has been around for over 20 years. i myself started playing Elder Scrolls at Daggerfall and have played every one of them since.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Except Elder Scrolls is being published by EA. That should be your indicator that it will be rushed, buggy and then forgotten about regardless of whether Bethesda wants a good game.
    EA doesnt ALWAYS release trash although its equally as guilty as Activision in putting cash before gaming, agreed. I played Secret World and that had loads of good stuff in it but the clunky character control really let it down. I guess thats an example of the 'rushed' ur talking about.

Dont forget that Bethesda themselves didnt start the ESO project, that was farmed out to another company. Bethesda put all their guys on Skyrim and then Dishonored and theyve only recently moved onto the ESO project. Hopefully their VERY high standards will shape the game properly... but that remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Dont forget that Bethesda themselves didnt start the ESO project, that was farmed out to another company. Bethesda put all their guys on Skyrim and then Dishonored and theyve only recently moved onto the ESO project. Hopefully their VERY high standards will shape the game properly...
    Bethesda is known for extreme bugginess of release versions and months of patching to make the games usable... I'm betting TESO will have the most memorable and hilarious launch of any MMORPG ever.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Bethesda is known for extreme bugginess of release versions and months of patching to make the games usable... I'm betting TESO will have the most memorable and hilarious launch of any MMORPG ever.
    Except it's not Bethesda working on TESO <.< It's Zenimax

Yeah, I'm really concerned about the timeline of the expansion at the moment. These have been the fastest patch cycles ever, and yet this is nearing the longest time to announce the next expansion ever, I don't get it. I guess it's possible they could come up on stage at BlizzCon, announce the game, then say they're inviting people to the beta that very moment. Even then, unless there's a really good 5.5, it still seems like we'll be hanging on to the fastest expansion for a really long time, which is just unfortunate. It kinda defeats the purpose of putting things out faster if you have to take a huge break.

Quote Originally Posted by Spphy View Post
    Except it's not Bethesda working on TESO <.< It's Zenimax
    And from what we have seen from TESO its not really going to be a true elder scrolls game, unless every Elder scrols fan digged the whole dumbing down part they did with oblivon and more so Skyrim :/ Maybe the Skyrim fans will like it, but for me (and probably many other old school elder scrolls fans) wont be playing elder scrolls online simply because of what they have done with the series the past years
    Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman
    I try not to post anywhere anymore, due to fear of being infracted. Feels like there are too many mods that aren't screened well enough. "Dirty cops" if you will.

I hope it's true that Blizzcon is later this year so its not as long from announcement to release. I was excited about Cataclysm when it was first announced, but the hype lasted so long that by the time it was about to launch I didn't even care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Except Elder Scrolls is being published by EA. That should be your indicator that it will be rushed, buggy and then forgotten about regardless of whether Bethesda wants a good game.

I feel like the next expansion will be out by next June, at the latest. Of course I could be way off, and 5.4 will last a year. And subs will drop by a huge amount. And all the talk of faster expansion cycles will have meant nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I feel like the next expansion will be out by next June, at the latest. Of course I could be way off, and 5.4 will last a year. And subs will drop by a huge amount. And all the talk of faster expansion cycles will have meant nothing.
    Subs will continue to drop as people move on. But that doesn't mean they won't stop producing content. EQ is on their 19th or 20th expansion and they never broke 500k subs.

Virtual Servers (or connected - lame name) will be tuned over time I'm sure to at least give the feeling of a full world again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    in front of the summer holidays? don't think so. fall makes more sense. (5.4 is also coming in fall, it is the same pattern always)
    no it isnt, youre dumb. This entire thread is retarded, blizzard has said they want to put out content and expansions out faster, and so far this expansion has proved they have the capabilities to do so. Expansion will hit spring 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    ESO has the advantage of an equally as massive lore and history as Wow, its also got a massive fanbase due to the fact the series has been around for over 20 years. i myself started playing Elder Scrolls at Daggerfall and have played every one of them since.

EA doesnt ALWAYS release trash although its equally as guilty as Activision in putting cash before gaming, agreed. .
    1. Replace ESO with Star Wars, Star Trek, DC comics, Lord of the Rings, and around a dozen other "massive lore" things and I think you get the picture ...

2. SW MMO was published in a terrible state 4 days(!) before Xmas 2011...

There is a HUGE difference between EA and Activision Blizzard because EA swallows and buys up game companies and then dismantle everything, while Activision never canabilize the studios they work with: see Blizzard, see the upcoming deal with Bungie games.

Also the Game director behind Skylanders recently said he was very impressed by the attitude of Bobby Kotick: It was Kotick who decided NOT to rush Skylanders into the market and delayed the project for one more year, so every technical hic up would be avoided.

i think you're a giving blizzard a little too much credit. with d3 expanion, 5.5 still out there, blizzcon, and at least 6 months of 5.4 i think they have their hands full.

Expansion might be announced at blizzcon but it doesn't mean squat imo. expansion by june or july 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    no it isnt, youre dumb. This entire thread is retarded, blizzard has said they want to put out content and expansions out faster, and so far this expansion has proved they have the capabilities to do so. Expansion will hit spring 2014.
    Hasn't proved it to me. The 5.1 and 5.3 "patches" shouldn't even count imo, that's not content. Mop has less content than any previous expansion, and its taking longer to deliver it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    to me
    To quote Mythbusters "well, there's your problem".

Blizzard is looking at the big picture, not what you specifically would like to have.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    Hasn't proved it to me. The 5.1 and 5.3 "patches" shouldn't even count imo, that's not content. Mop has less content than any previous expansion, and its taking longer to deliver it.
    Content != Content you like. 5.1 and 5.3 are content, even if you refuse to do what they introduced. What shouldn't count is a single opinion in a game played by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    ICC in wrath lasted for 364 days or something. One day short of a year. And no, nobody counts Ruby Sanctum as anything other than a waste of time.
    Who do you think you are?!

People are now complaining about the possibility that something in the future might disappoint them.
    This forum has sunk to a new low.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Methinks thats wishful thinking from a hater.

EVERY MMO ever released has bugs... its all a question of whether the game itself shines through enough... Wow itself was pretty famous for having a long list of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    People are now complaining about the possibility that something in the future might disappoint them.
    This forum has sunk to a new low.
    ...what you describe is many people (particularly western culture) in general. That's not a forum thing at all.

Hell man, look at how they're reacting to Batman being played by Ben Affleck! :P
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.