Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    seems reasonable really, especially with no chance of a 5.5 patch.
    There will be a 5.5 but like with previous expansions, to bridge the gab between pandaria and the next expansion (lore/Story patch) no new raid etc

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    ICC lasted 1 day short of a year. DS was 10 months. These sorts of things are expected.
    That's pretty terrible. Just because they made these mistakes in the past doesn't justify them making them again in the future.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    November 13, 2008
    Burning Crusade was released on January 16th as well yet it was considered the best expansion in many people's eyes. The whole sell it during December hype does not apply to video games.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I am guessing Christmas, b/c it makes sense.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    This.

The loss in subscribers from having SoO last 15 months would far outweigh the increased income (which is nominal for a game like WoW) from releasing in December.
    Blizzard hasn't had a December release in the last 10 years. So while your opinion matters, I think it has very little effect in the grand scheme of things. Blizzard is going to lose subscribers regardless between now and the next expansion. I always quit and then come back.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    ICC lasted 1 day short of a year. DS was 10 months. These sorts of things are expected.
    ICC was fun and most of people didn't "complete" it were DS was a nightmare which nearly every bot "completed".

But I get your point and agree with ya there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    I am guessing Christmas, b/c it makes sense.
    Not for video games, it doesn't. People don't limit their free time to the holiday seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    You can always just stop doing SoO. Just sayin'.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure the next expansion will be coming out next fall. Which would be the fastest they ever came around with a new xpac. Pretty acceptable if you ask me.
    What!? Fall's a month away!

Personally I'm expecting it to be released mid-spring 2014, or early summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    Not THIS song and dance AGAIN! They will release it when it's ready. They will not hold it until the "holidays" especially since the average WoW player age is 37, that means less than 19% of players are under the age of 18. Holiday sale will not make a difference when 81% of players would be able to buy it for themselves.
    Uhm, where do you get these figures regarding the average age of the player base from?

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect we'll be seeing the Expac April/ May/ June next year. They've said that they'd be putting out expansions faster than they've done previously, and after the amount of flack they got from Dragon Soul lasting as long as it did, I doubt they'd repeat it.

Fantastic Signature made by Maybenotquiteasheavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Guessing the next xpac will launch May 5th. That puts it just at about 8 months after 5.4

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Blizzard hasn't had a December release in the last 10 years. So while your opinion matters, I think it has very little effect in the grand scheme of things. Blizzard is going to lose subscribers regardless between now and the next expansion. I always quit and then come back.
    Not true. Cataclysm released December 7th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    How about we stop the fake internet rage, wait for some kind of details and stop making knee jerk decisions to post every irrational fear and nerd rage on the forums?
    That avatar makes me laugh every damn time.

Blizzard has been targeting content patches to last about 6 months. This doesn't always happen, especially with expansions. The last patch pre-expansion is extended due to them biting off far more than they can chew in standard beta cycle.

Anyway, Spring next year. I was actually expecting an announcement during Gamescom but they went with D3 instead. Maybe Pax Prime? November is too late, it will be announced before Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    How about we stop the fake internet rage, wait for some kind of details and stop making knee jerk decisions to post every irrational fear and nerd rage on the forums?
    Because these are the forums, old-timer - where everyone's a critic, ____ expert, lawyer, doctor, scientist, master game designer and super-human with pre-cognitive powers; jumping the gun with little to no information and arguing it's right without evidence is how we roll.

I mean I'm just going to put my hat in there but unless the next expansion is released by this Winter the Kickstarter-backed Starcraft II mod is going to replace WoW as Blizzard's MMO front.

TAKE THAT
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

I just hope they can keep up the timeframe they had up untill now.
    6 months after release of soo would be great.

I really don't see them going to the extremes that DS ICC did, they just cant afford it these days. We all expect that a preview will be at blizcon and then a release late winter. Feb-March.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    Cool your jets, man. They've been releasing content like crazy in MoP. I'm sure they will keep us busy whichever route it goes.
    As long as they don't have another "Pay us every month and have a free Diablo III and no content for a year!", I'm good with either a quicker expansion turnaround or some compelling filler content. As long as there's something
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    ICC was fun and most of people didn't "complete" it
    BS.

ICC was either completed or people gave up on trying to kill heroic Lick King with 30% nerf somewhere around June-July. Summer vacation season pretty much killed all raiding 7-8 months after ICC was released and people went for achievement farming mode while waiting for Cataclysm. On paper it lasted for a year, but in practice people stopped doing it long before that.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2013-08-23 at 10:30 AM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Honestly the earliest I see it being released its a June-July release. However I think that is just me being hopeful. I really hope we don't have to wait past August of 2014. I know by then I would certainly move along to something else while waiting for the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    in front of the summer holidays? don't think so. fall makes more sense. (5.4 is also coming in fall, it is the same pattern always)
    They released TBC in January or February (can't remember exactly). So Early spring wouldn't be out of the question depending on the level of work they've already put into it. That said, my guess would be probably late-March at the earliest. Also, didn't they say they wanted to release the expansions faster? Instead of 2 years in between?