Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    btw do you need subscription to play in beta?
    It's not open beta. So possibly yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    I wouldn't be too surprised to see beta testing start soon after Blizzcon. I expect a release in next spring. Blizz repeatedly said they want to roll out new expansions faster, and I have yet to be convinced otherwise.

What makes you believe we won't get 5.5?
    Summary of interviews posted on the frontpage yesterday.
    Last edited by mmoc337835b501; 2013-08-21 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    blizzard said they will bring expansions faster

next expansion probably at the end of a year 2013 or early 2014
    Not that fast though. Since ICC or DS lasted that long, I believe faster = at least 6 months, which bring us to 2014 spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    I'm going with March / April Release
    My hopeful guess is between May and early July. Since that's the timeframe between D3 and SCII's release. If they can release those games around that time. Why not a WoW expansion?

Would be nice if they mixed it up and opted out of the fall releases.

Deleted
    didnt wotlk come december?

Deleted
    Go out? Do something else? The fact that it may last a year is not bothering me, although a full year of SoO is highly unlikely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    You can always just stop doing SoO. Just sayin'.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure the next expansion will be coming out next fall. Which would be the fastest they ever came around with a new xpac. Pretty acceptable if you ask me.
    It wouldn't be the fastest, MoP woudl still be fastest.

Vanilla WoW - November 23th, 2004 - Lasted for approx 2 years and 2 months.
    TBC - January 16th, 2007 - Lasted for approx 1 year and 10 months.
    WotLK - November 13th, 2008 - Lasted for approx 2 years and 1 month.
    Cataclysm - December 7th, 2010 - Lasted for approx 1 year and 9 ½ months
    MoP - September 25th, 2012 - Lasted for ????

If next expansion would come out next fall (late August at earliest), it would still give MoP a lifetime of approx 1 year and 11 months.

Also, considering Blizzard (afaik) is aiming for expansion-cycles of 1 ½ year as opposed to the earlier 2-year cycle, it would put next expansion in the spring of 2014. Taking a quick guess I'd say April 15th or 22th (always launches on Tuesdays), which will give a possible beta period of around five months if the beta is launched along with the announcement, which will absolutely come at Blizzcon in November.

I expect them to want to release it in February, but might be pushed to March/April.

It is amazing how you believe because they will most likely announce it at BlizzCon, that in turn means it must take a long time after that to be released. They started working on it a very long time ago. I'd assume it is in a healthy Alpha stage, nearing F&F beta. I would expect closed Beta near Blizzcon for media, and an announcement for closed beta at BlizzCon, possibly with some kind of gimmick ... Blizzcon attendees in person and online passes get into beta? Some kind of AP deal again? Or a basic invite scheme. An open beta somewhere in January (at least the effort to get everyone signed up for beta invites in). Bringing us our pre-xpac patch sometime in early February leading to the late February early March release.

Just as valid of a path as you saying it will be more than a year for no reason at all. The truth is, we all KNOW there is an xpac in development. What we don't know at this time for certain is the name and theme of the xpac. Most people are speculating between Azshara and Legion, with others hoping for Dream or Isles; with the latter easily being a subset of the other two.

You almost assume that they have made no progress on the xpac until they mention it at BlizzCon.

Which is more likely? There are barely into alpha stage ... or they are close or into an internal beta phase and they are polishing as much as they can to really show off at blizzcon to try to create a lot of hype and anticipation for the game?

How much hype could they generate if they are really far behind? How much excitement and desire to continue playing if they make it seem like it is a year off? They know the mistakes of the past. With the already noticeable loss in subs, I'm doubting they'll intentionally do anything else to stir the pot.

My only concern is if they have two teams ... one works on one xpac each, we possibly have the cata xpac team working on the next one maybe it'll be the bc team?! lol I hope it will be a great xpac for everyone's sake. I highly doubt we are more than 7-8 months away from the release of it though.

Also if blizzard want's to keep a steady sub count they might wanna release some content before 4 quarters pass..

Cool your jets, man. They've been releasing content like crazy in MoP. I'm sure they will keep us busy whichever route it goes.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Deleted
    If you conciser WoW as a career path, then I truly feel sorry for you. The new patch hasn't even been launched yet and some kids have already started moaning about its, potentially, long duration. Play the game as it is, and find other, meaningful stuff, to excel in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Also if blizzard want's to keep a steady sub count they might wanna release some content before 4 quarters pass..
    According to blizzard Patch 5.2 and 5.3 was highly positive received.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    You can see the future! NICE!
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    good to hear but, didn't players have issues with the 10 months of no content for 4.3? Or was that just the forums? I coulda sworn a Dev mentioned it at one point. It supposedly is why they are trying to push content

Going with spring/early summer release this time.

And no, I am 100% sure it won't be next fall as it will mean 1 year again which Blizzard simply can't afford this time around.

Deleted
    I wouldn't be surprised if they already tested internally. They may surprise everyone of us with a lot faster release

Next expanison released March/April 2014, there I called it

Deleted
    I sincerely wish one-year-span doesn't come as a surprise to anyone; we should be long past this realization.
    Last edited by mmoc560053bb87; 2013-08-21 at 01:16 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Even though there was a lot of praise for 5.2 especially, they have still managed to shed nearly 2 million subscribers since the launch of MoP. They can't afford to drag out 5.4 for a year. I would estimate a Spring 2014 launch.

My personal opinion is that 6-8 months would be acceptable. Especially with LFR and how the game has changed, the pace is much faster than it was during ICC. 10-12 months was ridiculously long and thank god I didn't raid DS.

SoO looks good so it's not that horrible to let it last long.