Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Envojus View Post
    It really depends on how development goes. Best case Scenario? February. Why? January is a horrible time to release games, due to after-Christmas burn. And it's probably still too soon. Anything later? You get a LOT of competition, since during spring the gaming market gains traction again. So February business wise would be the best choice for Blizzard. Considering the expansion has been in development for quite some time I can imagine, We can expect 5.5 to be released in January. If development is slow, it will be released not later than May. May is a horrible time to release WoW. So yeah.

Best Case Scenario for Blizzard and the Playerbase/Worst Case Scenario for the Developers? February. March and April are also possible. May? NOPE!
    Video game sales never follow the traditional retail flow. If a good game comes out, people find a way to buy it.

Here is a solution: unsub till the next expansion comes out. Problem solved if enough people start doing this they will release expansions much faster trust me

The date at which they announce it doesn't indicate the release date. They haven't shown it at Gamescom because they already had diablo 3 exp there, and they haven't put Diablo 3 expansion annoucement at blizzcon because 2 game announcement would be too much. They had to delude things a little bit so the annoucements wouldn't work against each other. Also, Blizzcon is there biggest audience to annouce new stuff, even if they were ready 6 months ago to announce the new expansion of WoW, they would be wise to wait for Blizzcon to get most out of it!

It has always been around a year from the last major patch to the new xpac since BC. It will be a year this time as well (or maybe 10-11 months).

I would be AMAZED if we saw a new xpac before next June.

Deleted
    february release, bored of it by april

Not looking forward to Siege for a year myself lol. Not sure how blizz expects this one to keep players attention for a year.

Just quit. I have not logged onto WoW in 6 months and I have never been more entertained. There are so many games to play I don't even know where to start.

Right now im playing Rift, Dead Space 3, Team Fortress 2, anda few others.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    that's my opinion too

i would say march/april/may next year

blizzcon in november with the beta starting very shortly after, 6 months (or less) of beta, makes it due for launch around may, i'd say july/august at the very latest
    may isn't early next year, may is the start of summer vacation, the middle of the year
    you folks just aren't too bright

half of disagree with the OP then predict an early summer launch

If the next xpac doesn't launch by April they are going to have a MASSIVE backlash of people unsub. 5.5 pre xpac patch will not be able to hold subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    If the next xpac doesn't launch by April they are going to have a MASSIVE backlash of people unsub. 5.5 pre xpac patch will not be able to hold subs.
    Maybe it would if they released character models?
    Altough I'm still not convinced we'll be seeing them next xpansion...

I can be pessimistic sometimes, but even I believe the expansion will be released early next year, and that they're not waiting another full year.

Blizz has actually demonstrated that they're pumping out content at a much faster and consistent rate. Couple that with Neth previously stating they don't want another year-long gap between expansions, and I believe a Summertime release date (at the latest) is most likely.

I doubt it would release this winter... no time to beta. I'm also curious to see if the D3 expansion will be this winter or not. Blizz doesn't want to compete with that for sales (don't give me this "2 different games" crap. It's not about that... it's about maximizing advertising exposure and maximizing customers who can only buy 1 game every so often)

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    ICC in wrath lasted for 364 days or something. One day short of a year. And no, nobody counts Ruby Sanctum as anything other than a waste of time.
    Heroic Halion was a pretty awesome fight. Sure RS wasn't very long or hard but to call it a waste of time is a little overkill.
    Hi Sephurik

Blizzard has stayed true to their Minor Content Patch 2 months after Tier Patches, and Tier patches ever 6 months. With any luck, we'll see a minor content patch in November, and have either the expansion, or the pre-patch by March. That also puts the expansion at 1.5 years, which I vaguely remember a blue post stating they were aiming for.

So yeah. Spring release is likely, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

March target but an April/May release

In 3m at Blizcon they will announce the beta open...and possibly give beta keys to all attendees

SoO will last the normal ~6 months. I would almost bet there will either A) be a playable demo of the next xpac already at Blizzcon or B) Beta will start very soon after Blizzcon
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    that's my opinion too

i would say march/april/may next year

blizzcon in november with the beta starting very shortly after, 6 months (or less) of beta, makes it due for launch around may, i'd say july/august at the very latest
    Specifically, it will either come out near middle or end of March, or near middle or end of June.

The reasons is that is when the fiscal quarter ends for Q2 and Q3, and they want to latch people on for at LEAST a purchase + Month subscription so they can tout those numbers at the Quarterly report meetings, before they rapidly fall the next couple months after.

Just as I predicted when Pandaria was to be released at the middle/end of September. Result? It launched September 25th, because September 30th JUST happened to be the final Q4 ending date. :P

EDIT: I should note that the only thing that could modify that date choice would be another tripple-A title appearing around that time from a major competitor. Having said that, Elder Scrolls Online should theoretically be coming out in that window... so that might adjust Blizz's date for the next expansion.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-08-22 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skymane View Post
    february release, bored of it by april
    Anyone who thinks it'll be released 3 months after announcement is deluded

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    We're looking at the 1st raid tier with the expectation to last us a full year! Even DS lasted 10 months. And the original announcement was made before the expansions final patch was released. Gamescom did not announce anything

New expansion looks like it's gonna be announced at Blizzcon which is 3 months away too...so...who's up for 12 or more months of killing Garrosh!
    Next expansion will be out in April.

I think your freaking out a little too much, as others are saying it's very likely we will get the new expansion next spring, not the summer or fall. So we are going to be in SoO for maybe half a year, way less than what we've experienced in previous end of expansion raids.