Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spphy View Post
    Except it's not Bethesda working on TESO <.< It's Zenimax
    And from what we have seen from TESO its not really going to be a true elder scrolls game, unless every Elder scrols fan digged the whole dumbing down part they did with oblivon and more so Skyrim :/ Maybe the Skyrim fans will like it, but for me (and probably many other old school elder scrolls fans) wont be playing elder scrolls online simply because of what they have done with the series the past years

I hope it's true that Blizzcon is later this year so its not as long from announcement to release. I was excited about Cataclysm when it was first announced, but the hype lasted so long that by the time it was about to launch I didn't even care anymore.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Except Elder Scrolls is being published by EA. That should be your indicator that it will be rushed, buggy and then forgotten about regardless of whether Bethesda wants a good game.

I feel like the next expansion will be out by next June, at the latest. Of course I could be way off, and 5.4 will last a year. And subs will drop by a huge amount. And all the talk of faster expansion cycles will have meant nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I feel like the next expansion will be out by next June, at the latest. Of course I could be way off, and 5.4 will last a year. And subs will drop by a huge amount. And all the talk of faster expansion cycles will have meant nothing.
    Subs will continue to drop as people move on. But that doesn't mean they won't stop producing content. EQ is on their 19th or 20th expansion and they never broke 500k subs.

Virtual Servers (or connected - lame name) will be tuned over time I'm sure to at least give the feeling of a full world again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    in front of the summer holidays? don't think so. fall makes more sense. (5.4 is also coming in fall, it is the same pattern always)
    no it isnt, youre dumb. This entire thread is retarded, blizzard has said they want to put out content and expansions out faster, and so far this expansion has proved they have the capabilities to do so. Expansion will hit spring 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    ESO has the advantage of an equally as massive lore and history as Wow, its also got a massive fanbase due to the fact the series has been around for over 20 years. i myself started playing Elder Scrolls at Daggerfall and have played every one of them since.

EA doesnt ALWAYS release trash although its equally as guilty as Activision in putting cash before gaming, agreed. .
    1. Replace ESO with Star Wars, Star Trek, DC comics, Lord of the Rings, and around a dozen other "massive lore" things and I think you get the picture ...

2. SW MMO was published in a terrible state 4 days(!) before Xmas 2011...

There is a HUGE difference between EA and Activision Blizzard because EA swallows and buys up game companies and then dismantle everything, while Activision never canabilize the studios they work with: see Blizzard, see the upcoming deal with Bungie games.

Also the Game director behind Skylanders recently said he was very impressed by the attitude of Bobby Kotick: It was Kotick who decided NOT to rush Skylanders into the market and delayed the project for one more year, so every technical hic up would be avoided.

i think you're a giving blizzard a little too much credit. with d3 expanion, 5.5 still out there, blizzcon, and at least 6 months of 5.4 i think they have their hands full.

Expansion might be announced at blizzcon but it doesn't mean squat imo. expansion by june or july 2014

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    no it isnt, youre dumb. This entire thread is retarded, blizzard has said they want to put out content and expansions out faster, and so far this expansion has proved they have the capabilities to do so. Expansion will hit spring 2014.
    Hasn't proved it to me. The 5.1 and 5.3 "patches" shouldn't even count imo, that's not content. Mop has less content than any previous expansion, and its taking longer to deliver it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    to me
    To quote Mythbusters "well, there's your problem".

Blizzard is looking at the big picture, not what you specifically would like to have.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    Hasn't proved it to me. The 5.1 and 5.3 "patches" shouldn't even count imo, that's not content. Mop has less content than any previous expansion, and its taking longer to deliver it.
    Content != Content you like. 5.1 and 5.3 are content, even if you refuse to do what they introduced. What shouldn't count is a single opinion in a game played by millions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    ICC in wrath lasted for 364 days or something. One day short of a year. And no, nobody counts Ruby Sanctum as anything other than a waste of time.
    Who do you think you are?!

People are now complaining about the possibility that something in the future might disappoint them.
    This forum has sunk to a new low.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Bethesda is known for extreme bugginess of release versions and months of patching to make the games usable... I'm betting TESO will have the most memorable and hilarious launch of any MMORPG ever.
    Methinks thats wishful thinking from a hater.

EVERY MMO ever released has bugs... its all a question of whether the game itself shines through enough... Wow itself was pretty famous for having a long list of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    People are now complaining about the possibility that something in the future might disappoint them.
    This forum has sunk to a new low.
    ...what you describe is many people (particularly western culture) in general. That's not a forum thing at all.

Hell man, look at how they're reacting to Batman being played by Ben Affleck! :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Fingers crossed they stop making them period and make a new game by going back to basics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    There is a HUGE difference between EA and Activision Blizzard because EA swallows and buys up game companies and then dismantle everything, while Activision never canabilize the studios they work with: see Blizzard, see the upcoming deal with Bungie games.
    ru for real?

Have u ever heard about the BIGGEST ever lawsuit by a studio against its publisher, Infinity Ward?!?!?!?

That was the Call of Duty original studio taking Activision to court for CANABALISING and breaking the law by refusing to pay the staff. I suggest that u read up on this massively famous case in gaming... Google INFINITY WARD ACTIVISION.

Clicky for the Wiki

Add to this how famous Activision is for buying up successful franchising, milking them, then throwing them away into the trash... Guitar Hero anyone?

Benbos u really need to do your research before inventing totally incorrect and bias accusations.

Unless ofc u can post up some real facts about EA swallowing up companies...

EDIT: just one article about this
    Last edited by mmoc978ad45763; 2013-08-23 at 11:31 PM.

I fully expect that the big Blizzcon reveal for the next WoW expansion is that its so far along that closed Beta starts shortly after (within 2 weeks) of the announcement and the game launches in April or May.

The next xpac needs to be released in March 2014, May 2014 the absolute latest. If not, the combination of a lack of immersing raid content and the clusterfuck that is the current state of PVP, Wow will drop to 5K subs. I used to have the utmost confidence in the Wow developers to maintain integrity and quality in the game, but I've lost about as much confidence in them as they've lost subs in the past 2 years or so. No big deal, sooner or later, another MMO will deliver something better than Wow. And, if you consider Wow's current trend of sub losses, they are more ripe to be knocked from the top of the mountain than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Hell man, look at how they're reacting to Batman being played by Ben Affleck! :P
    Bad example!!! People are disappointed because Affleck is the next batman, not that he MAY be the next batman.