Deleted

[Blood] Should i be using Pestilence?

I cant find any guides which suggest I should be using it, on the other hand there would appear to be large benefits to applying debuffs to all adds. Should I be using it or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to stick with the Rolling Blood talent and use blood boil to spread my diseases.

Same here, works like a charm

Quote Originally Posted by Thiassi View Post
    I tend to stick with the Rolling Blood talent and use blood boil to spread my diseases.
    Exactly. As blood, this talent is far better than the other choices. Not only does it spread diseases, but it refreshes them on your current target, and you get free procs all the time so you never have to waste your runes to do it. All in all a great talent, and far more efficient than taking another talent and manually using pestilence or reapplying diseases to a single target.

if you don't have rolling blood talent - then yes. You should spread your diseases.
    First it applies tank debuffs to all the mobs, second it increases the dmg from your abilities. What's more you just need to spread them once, then you can keep em up on all targets with blood boils.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Not only does it spread diseases, but it refreshes them on your current target
    The refresh is from spec ability (scarlet fever) not from the talent itself. Even without rolling blood your blood boil refreshes the duration on all targets that already have diseases.

Though I agree, rolling blood is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

I don't think I've seen a DK tank who doesn't take roiling blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiassi View Post
    Same. I don't even have Pestilence on my bars as a result.

you should really be using pestilence during DRW to get 2 sets of diseases on a target

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    you should really be using pestilence during DRW to get 2 sets of diseases on a target
    You mean on all targets. Talented BB doesn't spread DRW's diseases, but pestilence does. That's pretty much the only time it should be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    You mean on all targets. Talented BB doesn't spread DRW's diseases, but pestilence does. That's pretty much the only time it should be used.
    ohh.. that's how it works o_O
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Just a quick question as we are discussing RB and Pestillence. If I kill an add and gain the increased haste buff from soul reaper, should I refresh my diseases with RB meaning they get 50% haste for their entire 30 sec duration or should I reapply them and then refresh them with RB meaning they will always have that 50% extra haste until they drop off? I've only just re-rolled so am sorry if this is a silly question.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinxx View Post
    Just a quick question as we are discussing RB and Pestillence. If I kill an add and gain the increased haste buff from soul reaper, should I refresh my diseases with RB meaning they get 50% haste for their entire 30 sec duration or should I reapply them and then refresh them with RB meaning they will always have that 50% extra haste until they drop off? I've only just re-rolled so am sorry if this is a silly question.
    afaik diseases isnt affected by haste. but could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Melee classes don't let haste affect their dots.

Definitely use pestilence.