Poll: Workplace Violence or Terrorist attack?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    A better long term plan would be to use infiltrators that will leak information, something that is much more difficult to do since this Major shot the place up.
    that only applies if one has a means of exploiting said intelligence, mainly in a military capacity. the military serves as a different type of of resource to different groups - islamist extremists see it as a target for body counts, where local white supremacists and similar groups use it as a training school. both kinds are a problem
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

I don't understand why religious people are even allowed to join the army. That's like recruiting a bunch of homophobes or racists and asking them to work with the owners and customers of a gay bar in Africa. Its just mixing fire with kindling. In this case you have a muslim extremist (fire) being mixed with american soldiers (kindling). And before you say it, no, not all religious people are extremists but is it better to increase the risk of extremist acts such as these by bringing religion into the fold?

Handing someone a gun and a lot of power who already has agendas is pretty dumb.

Not only that but he was emailing a known terrorist months before this? So you have a muslim emailing a known terrorist who is also a muslim and that doesn't ring any bells? No one at the NSA was like "hey, shits goin down" or whatever? This is just a massive case of not caring by a lot of different people. Lives wasted and people injured because someone couldn't complete a 'connect the dots' puzzle with only two dots.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2013-08-21 at 03:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    I don't understand why religious people are even allowed to join the army. That's like recruiting a bunch of homophobes or racists and asking them to work with the owners and customers of a gay bar in Africa. Its just mixing fire with kindling. In this case you have a muslim extremist (fire) being mixed with american soldiers (kindling). And before you say it, no, not all religious people are extremists but is it better to increase the risk of extremist acts such as these by bringing religion into the fold?

Handing someone a gun and a lot of power who already has agendas is pretty dumb.
    A huge portion in the US Armed forces believe in God and are very good at their jobs, if you kick them out you lose a lot of experience as well as face future recruitment shortages.

Deleted

So you're saying that the USA should disband their whole army?

A huge portion in the US Armed forces believe in God and are very good at their jobs, if you kick them out you lose a lot of experience as well as face future recruitment shortages.
    Yeah i understand that. I don't know, to be honest. There are very bloodthirsty people in every organisation / religion / whatever. I just think this could of been easily stopped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    So you're saying that the USA should disband their whole army?
    The fact that a massive chunk of the American army is religious and a massive chunk of that is of the same religion has got to be pretty terrifying for your regular muslims in whatever country they are messing with these days. I don't even understand why a muslim would join the US army. Did he become a muslim after joining or before? If before then why would he sign up to a muslim slaying club for any other reason than to do this sort of thing down the road?

Deleted
    Yeah i understand that. I don't know, to be honest. There are very bloodthirsty people in every organisation / religion / whatever. I just think this could of been easily stopped.
    I do not see how they could have stopped it, not without spying on every serviceman 24/7.

This poll should have just said "Liberal or Conservative" Thats how people are going to vote on this issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digory Kirke View Post
    This poll should have just said "Liberal or Conservative" Thats how people are going to vote on this issue.
    Not really, this is a multinational forum with most users living in Europe, the US version of liberal is considered right wing over here.

I do not see how they could have stopped it, not without spying on every serviceman 24/7.
    I thought they already did that? And no this isn't some sarcastic lol NSA thanks obama post, i mean it, don't they do routine checks or have triggers to alert them to something like this?

Deleted
    I thought they already did that? And no this isn't some sarcastic lol NSA thanks obama post, i mean it, don't they do routine checks or have triggers to alert them to something like this?
    They will monitor the odd email email sent from defence computers, but do you really think they have the manpower and funding to spy on over 2 million service personnel at all times? Any funny business will be done from home since defence computers are so limited, I use my laptop at work because I cannot even access this forum on an MOD computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    The most obvious story behind all this is that the US themselves probably convinced this particular arabian guy to commit the "crime" so they could keep pushing more anti-islam agendas and give more power and authority to the organisations that are supposed to prevent this kind of stuff instead of organizing it themselves.

Call me absurd, conspiracy-theorist whatever, don't give a fuck. It's pretty clear to me that this is the kind of government the US is.
    Jesus, do you believe the US was behind 9/11 as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.