Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Source?
    Also I'm pretty sure if the Titans could have destroyed Y'shaarj completely, they would have.
    Honestly, I can't find one. I've read that much stuff related to WoW, both new and old, that I may well be confusing something else for Old Gods dying. Still, Y'shaarj is dead. As much as an Old God can die, it's dead. There are any number of Blue posts that are very clear about that. The heart is just a remnant. Hell, the Titans are not perfect, the heart may have just been an oversight on their part. Maybe they didn't think it was much of a problem? lol

Rarely updated...

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    IIRC, C'thun was super weakened still from his fight with the Titans when we fought him so yeah, we have have actually killed him/it.
    Those eyeballs all over Cho'gall's body were C'thun's. He didn't die in AQ40 and he's still not dead. His physical form might be dead, but that doesn't mean he is. Sargeras works the same way - his body was obliterated when a portal closed on him in the War of the Ancients, but he's still very much alive.

As for the OP's premise, Sargeras' goal is to undo the Titans' works. One work of the Titans was to chain the Old Gods. Cutting them loose and letting them return the planet to its hellish pre-Titan state sounds very much like something Sargeras would do.

They are killable. Y'shaarj is the only named evidence of that but there were many other Old Gods that died in the fight. Just as many of the Titans died too. His heart remains for whatever reason, I'm sure it could have also been destroyed though. They killed everything else about Y'shaarj.

That was my point. The Titans were more powerful than the Old Gods probably due to numbers in the end. Again, subduing something is FAR harder than simply killing them. And the Titans had decided against killing them after seeing what could happen, i.e. Y'shaarj. To build a prison for them and then actually get them into it, that's quite the feat. But the Old Gods are just powerful enough and from a different place altogether to be able to project thoughts and such outside of the prison. Look at N'Zoth, he's imprisoned but still somehow in the Emerald Dream.

IIRC, C'thun was super weakened still from his fight with the Titans when we fought him so yeah, we have have actually killed him/it.
    There are some misconceptions here. We only know of one Titan that fell not Titans.

Pretty sure C'thun was "fully dead" in AQ40 too. Look how that worked out.
    C'thun was hiding in sleep and created the Quiraji when the titans 'killed' him. I'm not 100% sure, but I haven't seen a source of his survival after AQ40.

Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Power in the WoW Universe is Titans > Old Gods > Legion
    Sargeras going through the portal would've freed the Old Gods, not intentionally. They would've probably been all too happy to annihilate the pathetic Legion of usurpers, all the night elves and dragons, and because we know the Titans had systems in place to deal with such an event, said systems would trigger the self-destruct on Azeroth and re-origination.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    C'thun was hiding in sleep and created the Quiraji when the titans 'killed' him. I'm not 100% sure, but I haven't seen a source of his survival after AQ40.
    I wasn't even referencing that. The Titans didn't kill him, they gravely injured him.
    I meant that the players "kill" him in AQ40, and then he's still alive to merge with Cho'gall's body.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

I wasn't even referencing that. The Titans didn't kill him, they gravely injured him.
    I meant that the players "kill" him in AQ40, and then he's still alive to merge with Cho'gall's body.
    I wasn't aware that was him merging with Cho'gall. I didn't pay much attention to the eyes, seeing as Y'shaarj merging with Garrosh also grants him many, many eyes. I figured it was just a thing that happens when you mess with Old Gods in general.

No, cho used that horrible bastard child Medan try and revive him and got warped as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    There are some misconceptions here. We only know of one Titan that fell not Titans.
    The Titan that "fell" was Sargeras. I'm talking about Titans that died. There were more than just the Pantheon.

Rarely updated...

I don't see any people going to jails open the cages and then begging for mercy, that would be stupid thing to do.

The Titan that "fell" was Sargeras. I'm talking about Titans that died. There were more than just the Pantheon.
    OH GOD no, you are just so wrong it hurts!

Specifically when it talks about the titans vs the old gods it only states about one Titan that "fell" during that fight. It doesn't state who it was or what happened to it/him/her.

Sargeras left the pantheon and then fell into despair separately.

No, cho used that horrible bastard child Medan try and revive him and got warped as a result.
    I stand corrected on the merging, but C'thun is still alive.

Med'an woke up in Ahn'Qiraj to the dulcet tones of Cho'gall, who was berating Stasia for her failure in bringing Garona back, to Stasia's protests. After Stasia admitted she was just trying to get Garona killed, Med'an tried to attack them both and got himself flung across the room for his troubles - landing right on top of the corpse of C'thun. Despite being a corpse, the thing immediately starting whispering sweet nothings of chaos and destruction in Med'an's horrified ears.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

Specifically when it talks about the titans vs the old gods it only states about one Titan that "fell" during that fight. It doesn't state who it was or what happened to it/him/her.
    Because we hear everything about everything, right? >_>

I cba looking for a quote for it but, it has been stated before that Titans did indeed die while fighting the Old Gods and their minions. People tend to think there is the Titans of the Pantheon and that's it. But there were in fact many more Titans plus their creations and so on. You think only one Titan possibly died while fighting the super powerful Old Gods?

Rarely updated...

I cba looking for a quote for it but, it has been stated before that Titans did indeed die while fighting the Old Gods and their minions. People tend to think there is the Titans of the Pantheon and that's it. But there were in fact many more Titans plus their creations and so on. You think only one Titan possibly died while fighting the super powerful Old Gods?
    One titan died during the fighting, and one Old God was "killed", presumably Y'shaarj.

You CBA looking as your are infact wrong! If you have a legit source feel free but im 99% sure there is no such source. I only think what blizzard and the lore books have said. So far its stated as only one titan that fell during the fight with the old gods.

For Hitei, yes you are correct about Cthun not truly being dead even when we killed him in vanilla. Old gods are strange beasts.

Ah heres my source (one thats in game I do believe)
    In the time before time, when the world was still in its infancy, a battle between a Titan and a being of unimaginable evil and power raged on this very soil. The prophecy is unclear about whether or not the Titan was vanquished ... but it illustrates that a Titan fell.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Geologist_Larksbane

You CBA looking as your are infact wrong! If you have a legit source feel free but im 99% sure there is no such source. I only think what blizzard and the lore books have said. So far its stated as only one titan that fell during the fight with the old gods.
    Yeah... no. I cba simply because I cba. I may well be wrong. I just don't see a reason to get my panties in a bunch over it lol

Rarely updated...

Yeah... no. I cba simply because I cba. I may well be wrong. I just don't see a reason to get my panties in a bunch over it lol
    My panties are untwisted. If am proved wrong i'll get the humble pie out of the oven.

Sargeras is Lawful Evil
    Old Gods are Chaotic Evil

they don't play for the same team.

I stand corrected on the merging, but C'thun is still alive.
    In that sense, Y'shaarj could also still be 'alive' as well. His Sha live on, constantly corrupting Pandaria. That, and his heart constantly whispers to anyone who dares approach it. (In this sense, Garrosh.)

For all we know, Old gods can't die at all. Their 'corpses' could always be revived.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    In that sense, Y'shaarj could also still be 'alive' as well. His Sha live on, constantly corrupting Pandaria. That, and his heart constantly whispers to anyone who dares approach it. (In this sense, Garrosh.)

For all we know, Old gods can't die at all. Their 'corpses' could always be revived.
    That's pretty much my stance on it.